Page 115 of 438 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 6568

I mean you can kill someone with kindness but there comes a time and point where Diana does need to be angry. It should be more of how she handles that angry

Question when it comes to magical weapons what should be in Diana's arsenal?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Question when it comes to magical weapons what should be in Diana's arsenal?
    The lasso, the bracelets, the tiara, and the invisible plane. It's all Wonder Woman ever needed.

Spectacular Member

i don't really see why she should need an invisibla plane. It was there because she couldn't fly. Now she does. So what is the purpose of the plane ? Unless you give it to Steve i don't see anything to do with it.

Not really if she is taken a large group with her. Sending off large supplies. Going off into space with other groups. There are multiple reasons for someone who files to have a plane. To be used in emergencies. I don’t mind if Steve has it. But there have been many times other superheroes have flying machines.

The same can said about her bracelets. Does she need them ? It’s not for her protection. For others. Unlike Superman Diana is use to certain things. She doesn’t stay there for bullets to repellent. She uses it to attack.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-07-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Spectacular Member

Not really if she is taken a large group with her. Sending off large supplies. Going off into space with other groups. There are multiple reasons for someone who files to have a plane. To be used in emergencies. I don’t mind if Steve has it. But there have been many times other superheroes have flying machines.
    But she doesn't need to drive the plane to carry supplies, she could just carry the plane with the supplies in it. No pilot, more supplies in the plane ^^.

As for the bracelets, I prefer her to not be bullet proof so bracelets make even more sens in this case.

And yet she can survive a nuke or grenade just fine. She has survive things great than a bullet yet she is bulletproof . At one point she lost her arms and could fight still. So there needs to be a fair explain why she shouldn’t be bulletproof . I’m fine with her not dying from bullets. It should take more than that to kill her

I mean why can’t she choice not to fly at times? Superman at times has gotten planes. That he uses. However, I would like to see who is a better pilot Hal or Steve

Extraordinary Member

The invisible plane is iconic and something that is uniquely Wonder Woman's. Tons of Superheroes can fly, so I'm of the opinion that Diana shouldn't be able to do so under her own power. It centralizes her iconography.

As for the bullets thing, my personal preference is that due to the Laws of Magic, Diana's mystical invulnerability must include a weakness, and that weakness is Bullets.

Why bullets? I mean at times Diana has swords breaking off. I think maybe things can pierce her but it takes a lot to kill her. She shouldn’t be able to kill her easily. I mean she is able to survive fires and nukes.

I often think maybe Diana could unlock a new Amazonian skill to make her fly

Extraordinary Member

Why bullets? I mean at times Diana has swords breaking off. I think maybe things can pierce her but it takes a lot to kill her. She shouldn’t be able to kill her easily. I mean she is able to survive fires and nukes.

I often think maybe Diana could unlock a new Amazonian skill to make her fly
    Because Diana deflecting bullets with her Bracers is also iconic, and having her be vulnerable to bullets is the most logical means of giver her a reason to do that

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The invisible plane is iconic and something that is uniquely Wonder Woman's. Tons of Superheroes can fly, so I'm of the opinion that Diana shouldn't be able to do so under her own power. It centralizes her iconography.

As for the bullets thing, my personal preference is that due to the Laws of Magic, Diana's mystical invulnerability must include a weakness, and that weakness is Bullets.
    I think Diana should be able to fly at this point, but I think she should be unable to do so for the first few years of her career. So she would actually NEED the plane early on. My one quibble with Year One (besides Donna not being there) is that she gained flight too early. But she should have had it by the time of the Lies. The plane is part of her history and iconography, it should be able to have a straightforward reason for existing. It doesn't deserve its confusing reputation, because it isn't confusing by itself. Reboots made it so.

For the bullets and bracelets, I think Amazonium should rob objects of their kinetic energy, so the bullets fall harmlessly to the ground instead of ricocheting. She does it more to protect others than herself.

So should she die? If someone shoots her in the heart should it kill her or the neck? I don’t think it should be that easy to kill her. We see that in rebirth bullets don’t kill her but they do hurt
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-07-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So should she die? If someone shoots her in the heart should it kill her or the neck? I don’t think it should be that easy to kill her. We see that in rebirth bullets don’t kill her but they do hurt
    I think she should be in exactly as much peril of dying as a normal person if she gets shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think she should be in exactly as much peril of dying as a normal person if she gets shot.
    I strong disagree.

Batman is bulletproof. Aquaman is bulletproof. There is absolutely no reason Diana shouldn't be bulletproof.

Bracelets can redirect shots (see WW movie deflecting bullet down the barrel of a gun) and block things much higher in power that might hurt her.

Nowadays she just runs around with that redundant shield anyways

Superheroes in comics tend to increase in power over time, but Diana tends to bounce around all over the place. Depending upon the version.

- A bullet goes right through her chest, but she gets up a minute later.
    - She can sense the air movement a bullet makes and so she doesn't have to see it coming to block it.
    - Yes she gets hit with a ricochet off of Superman's chest that hits her in the neck and almost kills her.
    - Bullets bounce off of her

I really would like to see her either (a) tougher or (b) better armored.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I strong disagree.

Batman is bulletproof. Aquaman is bulletproof. There is absolutely no reason Diana shouldn't be bulletproof.

Bracelets can redirect shots (see WW movie deflecting bullet down the barrel of a gun) and block things much higher in power that might hurt her.

Nowadays she just runs around with that redundant shield anyways

Superheroes in comics tend to increase in power over time, but Diana tends to bounce around all over the place. Depending upon the version.

- A bullet goes right through her chest, but she gets up a minute later.
    - She can sense the air movement a bullet makes and so she doesn't have to see it coming to block it.
    - Yes she gets hit with a ricochet off of Superman's chest that hits her in the neck and almost kills her.
    - Bullets bounce off of her

I really would like to see her either (a) tougher or (b) better armored.
    1. Batman is not bullet broof
    2. Ditch the shield then, don't ditch a piece of her iconography