Page 117 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Superman isn't an active advocate for political change.
    Actually he is. He has been since his conception.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "Iconography" is and always has been a stupid reason to keep something no longer needed. It's what has lead to the perception of DC being the more conservative and less progressive company than Marvel.

There is no reason for Diana to remain vulnerable to bullets just so you can keep the bullet deflecting bracelets. Especially when the logical conclusion would be to just have a sniper kill her due to her lack of protection.
    It can be a stupid reason depending on what we're talking about, but these characters ARE icons. So iconography plays a big part on what makes them who they are, and some stuff can't really be removed easily or else they cease to be completely the same icon.

So bullets and bracelets isn't going away any time soon, especially not after the movies used it. The plane less so, but it sill pops up in merchandise once and a while. Just come up with simple reasons for them to exist. Don't want Diana to be vulnerable to bullets? Have her do it more for the benefit of others so she can control where the bullets go or rob them of kinetic energy so they fall to the ground harmlessly. Why does she have the plane when she can fly? She used to no be able to, much like her real world publication history. Steve comment in Simone's run of "the damn plane never made any sense anyway" is actually really stupid because it used to make perfect sense. It really doesn't have to be difficult.

At times we see her use it when she has a large group of people. I don't mind if Steve has it. Also if she has injuries people. Steve can easily keep it. I mean Diana was hit with Bullets in the movie and wasn't harm it seems. Also what if she does it like many say to take down criminals quickly. Also for her Bullets and Bracelets can be a game to her. It was in Marston's.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    At times we see her use it when she has a large group of people. I don't mind if Steve has it. Also if she has injuries people. Steve can easily keep it. I mean Diana was hit with Bullets in the movie and wasn't harm it seems. Also what if she does it like many say to take down criminals quickly. Also for her Bullets and Bracelets can be a game to her. It was in Marston's.
    Yeah, I think it mainly could be used as her honoring Amazon tradition and because it's fun rather than her not being invulnerable even after she gets her powers. Plus like I said, she has better control over where the bullets go.

But even if she IS vulnerable to bullets? I think Rucka had a good take on it in Rebirth. She got shot a few times, and while she was in pain she shrugged it off and wasn't the worse for the wear afterward. And even Maru almost sniped her through the head, but she blocked it. The end result is going to be the same: the bullets aren't actually going to land on her.

Steve should get the plane after Diana gains flight. Or she can still use it if she's transporting colleagues. It can also still aid her in combat with the auto pilot. It mainly needs to be around to showcase the technology the Amazons are producing, and she mainly could get use out of it herself during the first 2-4 years of her superhero career before Hermes (or whoever) gives her Superman-style flight.

Yea. either she is bulletproof or can shrug it off. Maybe things like military bullets cause more damage but she should still shrug off. I agree. That she mainly uses it if she is using it for her friends and JL members. But Steve mainly uses. One idea I had and it should be difficult. The plane is built by the Amazons is one part of how Diana gets home? I do

The vulnerability to bullets thing I could do without. Seems like a wrinkle that writers just won't get right, yknow?

But if she's bulletproof the reason she still deflects bullets is pretty straightforward. She's not gonna let some smuck with a gun tag her. Even if it doesn't hurt it's the principal of the thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I’d like a story in which Wonder Woman is forced to kill Wonder Boy. Just to see if it would have the same impact as the Injustice universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I’d like a story in which Wonder Woman is forced to kill Wonder Boy. Just to see if it would have the same impact as the Injustice universe.
    When has there ever been a Wonder Boy?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Jason was unofficially Wonder Boy, wasn't he? Although I guess since they were twins, he'd have to be Wonder Man... Either way, he needs to vanish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Doesn’t answer the question in the slightest, but okay https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_(character)

I don’t mind it there is a Wonder Boy. But with all the Batgirls, Batman and Aqualad maybe another name?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I think it mainly could be used as her honoring Amazon tradition and because it's fun rather than her not being invulnerable even after she gets her powers. Plus like I said, she has better control over where the bullets go.

But even if she IS vulnerable to bullets? I think Rucka had a good take on it in Rebirth. She got shot a few times, and while she was in pain she shrugged it off and wasn't the worse for the wear afterward. And even Maru almost sniped her through the head, but she blocked it. The end result is going to be the same: the bullets aren't actually going to land on her.

Steve should get the plane after Diana gains flight. Or she can still use it if she's transporting colleagues. It can also still aid her in combat with the auto pilot. It mainly needs to be around to showcase the technology the Amazons are producing, and she mainly could get use out of it herself during the first 2-4 years of her superhero career before Hermes (or whoever) gives her Superman-style flight.
    I think the best take on the bracelets is to say it's a defensive ability she uses more often than she really needs to. Sometimes she needs it, but not against ordinary guns. Also I'd say it works on more than just bullets. in Superfriends she regularly used it on alien lasers and stuff like that.

Also, the bracelets are just for deflecting. They can make sound waves and a few other things. So it's not like she can't use them for other things also. Maybe not just bullets she can control anything that hits her bracelets?

A little of topic but watching Doom and not reading the comic. Shouldn't Batman's idea to stop Diana be tieing her with her own lasso? Not trying to see nanobots? I mean she is acting out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    A little of topic but watching Doom and not reading the comic. Shouldn't Batman's idea to stop Diana be tieing her with her own lasso? Not trying to see nanobots? I mean she is acting out of character.
    Batman's too paranoid for that. He doesn't understand how the lasso works well enough to trust it. He's not SURE the lasso won't just coil up into her hand.

I still think the Nanobots was still questionable. For one Diana was seeing multiple cheetahs and two she was aiming to kill. I think the better way would actually have Cheetah be in a area to fight her or something else. The nanobots didn’t have a affect her all the way. What would be a way to stop Diana? Diana is a special case. She isn’t like Superman. Her magical durability is high. The best is maybe using Amazonian items against her