Page 12 of 440 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    That's fine then. Just so long as she never actually uses them to deflect anything ever again then when she could just use her invulnerable body to shield innocents.
    "Force of habit."

But seriously, if Superman is allowed to wear a cape, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Let's remember that when she was introduced, it was never about her being in danger and needing to deflect bullets, it's that bullets were such a little danger to Amazons that it was a literal game that they would play.
    Fair enough. Honestly, though, using them is such a way seems kind of silly when they can't really do any harm to her.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    "Force of habit."

But seriously, if Superman is allowed to wear a cape, this shouldn't be a big deal.
    Ha! True. But who's going to argue with Ma Kent! Like I said, if they're solely there for decoration, that's fine with me.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Fair enough. Honestly, though, using them is such a way seems kind of silly when they can't really do any harm to her.
    And that's the main reason I think they should be able to harm her. The Bullet deflecting bracelets are part of Wonder Woman's iconography, and a set up that trivializes that isn't good.

For similar reasons, I don't think Wonder Woman should fly under her own power

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And that's the main reason I think they should be able to harm her. The Bullet deflecting bracelets are part of Wonder Woman's iconography, and a set up that trivializes that isn't good.
    I don't see how it trivializes it. She can still do it for the same reason Batman still uses grappling hooks when he has more than enough money to make a jetpack, it's a striking image.

Extraordinary Member

For similar reasons, I don't think Wonder Woman should fly under her own power
    *backs away slowly*

I agree, but there are some around here (not naming names) who are REALLY militant about her being invulnerable, the strongest, and being able to fly.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 02-13-2019 at 11:43 AM.

While I don't prefer it over flying, I'm fine with her not so long as she's portrayed as Superman-level strength.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd prefer she not fly for the first few years of her career and get some use out of the Invisible Jet. One of the few things I would change in Year One if I could. Rucka gave her flight to early, though she should have it in the present day.

I'd be fine with ditching bullets and bracelets and letting the bullets bounce off her. As long as we decisively know. I guess you could say that she uses it to direct where the bullets go, but then it makes Superman and others look like huge jerks for just letting them bounce off willy nilly.

Personally, I'd embrace the "it's all real" mentality and have her start out as the best Amazon, then the gods grant her powers after saving the world. After that, they can take and give them as needed, or Diana can travel to get them herself.

*backs away slowly*

I agree, but there are some around here (not naming names) who are REALLY militant about her being invulnerable, the strongest, and being able to fly.
    No one has ever argued for Wonder Woman to be the strongest. You're confusing us with Superman fans.

Arguing for flight is only fair given she's been doing that since the 80s.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-13-2019 at 09:07 PM.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So what should be Diana's weakness?
    Bring back the one that was enough for fifty years: being chained by a man. Or snared in her own lasso.

Yes, it lends to kinky stuff. That sort of material belongs in WW comics. So does good girl art.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Bring back the one that was enough for fifty years: being chained by a man. Or snared in her own lasso.

Yes, it lends to kinky stuff. That sort of material belongs in WW comics. So does good girl art.

This isn't the 1940s any more. What was good enough fifty years ago isn't good enough now. Besides, you have the Internet if you want to see good girl art and women being tied up.

Well Diana tied in her own lasso still works has no one not even Diana can get out of it. I honestly feel that one reason even if she doesn't die by bullets, she wouldn't let them bounce off not just due to her upbringing but because she doesn't know where they could end up. That they could injury someone. Since they are also a game she can also see it has a way of home.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-13-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think being immune to bullets or being able to fly adds anything to her stories.

I don't think being immune to bullets or being able to fly adds anything to her stories.
    What does being unable to fly or vulnerable to bullets add to her stories?