Page 121 of 438 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 6569

Do you guys think Dan Dido’s plan for Diana is changed ?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think Dan Dido’s plan for Diana is changed ?
    Here's hoping it is.

I mean he left or was fired at Dc. So I wonder what will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's just a rehash of her origin and we have enough of those
    Because that isn’t true. It’s a part of her origin, not the origin itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Oh, I definitely agree with the premise of the question, and in fact I think this is a sadly underdeveloped vein of storytelling and themes for Wonder Woman. Amongst DC's superheroes, she is the one who most embodies the concept of change, and on a societal scale.

Veronica Cale's opposition to Diana doesn't come from any personal animus, but from resistance to and fear of the changes that Diana represents.
    I agree with what you are saying but I don't think that is the premise of the question. Showing Diana as an agent of change does not require a retelling of the world's reaction to knowing of her existence for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Because that isn’t true. It’s a part of her origin, not the origin itself.
    And as part of the origin, it gets depicted almost every time the origin is focused on. The New 52 is the one time that wasn't the case and this new retcon of her being in World War 1 seems to be already going to do that. As I said, you can tell the same story only so many different times.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-21-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Only if you have a limited imagination, or a writer who lacks muse. It doesn’t really get depicted that much since it is always from Diana’s perspective and is not always framed the way the public would actually respond.
    Last edited by TheRay; 02-22-2020 at 12:36 AM.

I been thinking about this for a bit. Since we know extreme amazons exist. What if some of Azz amazons were real? That there are women who leave the Island and can find their way back? That one reason the Amazons don't leave is that they are scared what some of their sisters might do.

Just a note - Discussions regarding how/why Dan Didio lost his job exist elsewhere. Please don't derail this one!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

At any rate, Didio's ideas for how the stories will continue going forwards are probably going to be changed. The question is how.

Paradise Island, The Amazon Isles, and Themiscyra should be different places.

Different places has island or had cities? Or a mix? I do think the Amazons should have multiple island that are used for different things. Like four island need the barrier should be a defensive island

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Paradise Island, The Amazon Isles, and Themiscyra should be different places.
    I tend to think of it in my own head like Paradise Island is the name of the main island, Themyscria is the capital city (with smaller villages sprinkled about perhaps, or at least farms). The Amazon Isles would be smaller islands around Paradise, used for whatever purposes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I tend to think of it in my own head like Paradise Island is the name of the main island, Themyscria is the capital city (with smaller villages sprinkled about perhaps, or at least farms). The Amazon Isles would be smaller islands around Paradise, used for whatever purposes.
    I agree with this. I often thought there would be a few cities that are around. Maybe some committed to a goddess or a city that specializes in some specific. Like there is a city more advance.

If Prince Jason is retconned, I think his fans will forgive it. Like Achilles, he had a horrible introduction...much worse, though. Didio's departure isn't going to ruin anything.

I would still like to see a male superhuman ally, created in WW or Sensation, become a recurring character in the comic. Perez's heroic Hercules, Sargon the Sorcerer, Andros - not an every-issue regular, but, a recurring, like two or three times, a year.

I like that Orlando is creating a female triad, at the center of the comic. Though I would rather Mala was in it.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

With Prince Jason the issue is there were more important characters like Nubia or Donna. Nubia was Diana’s twin. Also I’m sick of Hippolyta not standing up to the Gods.