Page 123 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's part of what's good about him, he's a mixture of the two but more Wonder than Super. He's a perfect possible foil for Kon-El, Cassie and Diana without being "evil". His design and background are better than Achilles Warkiller, Jason, Lennox or any other male Wonder we've seen thus far. As for him already being on another team, membership on more than one has been done before (Beast Boy, Power Girl, Wonder Woman) and there's no reason his team would have to come with him to the current timeline and if they did, they'd be great as the Hellions to Young Justice' New Mutants. If he's redundant then so are Cassie and Donna and this is a world with 5 Robins and 3 Batgirls.
    Yeah really, "redundant" characters already exist, more isn't inherently bad.

Quote Originally Posted by E.Marie View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why it would be a problem. If Hunter became Diana's son in new canon he wouldn't have to be connected to Superman, etc. His history and style can change because he grows up differently.
    Hunter existing is not the issue. Hunter being on a Young Justice team with both Cassie and Connor is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hunter existing is not the issue. Hunter being on a Young Justice team with both Cassie and Connor is the problem.
    How is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm going to say I feel what some other people have hinted at. His origin as Diana's potential son from her rape/corruption by a Cosmic Evil, kind of holds him back as a character and makes using him problematic.

I suppose if you wanted to repurpose the character and name Hunter for another potential son of her's, and change his backstory it may work, but I'd have to ask what would want to modify it too? Do you try to keep the angle of him feeling rejected by Diana for being born male, and if so, how? If not we're basically going to have to make an entirely new characterization. I can see a lot of problems when it would come to bringing him back.
    We all know OUR Diana would never turn her back on her son, for whatever reason. In any event it's a fascinating examination of her character and ideals. We've only heard one side of the story concerning Hunter's conception and rejection. There has to be more to it and I'm comfortable in the idea that our version of Diana would discover the real truth and vindicate her future self. Eventually building a relationship and forming a bond with Hunter is something I could see happening too.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 03-01-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: typing while on the phone

Incredible Member

We all know OUR Diana would never turn her back on her son, for whatever reason. In any event it's a fascinating examination of her character and ideals. We've only heard one side of the story concerning Hunter's conception and rejection. There has to be more to it and I'm comfortable in the idea that our version of Diana would discover the real truth and vindicate her future self. Eventually building a relationship and forming a bond with Hunter is something I could see happening too.
    She was vindicated, when it was explained Hunter was the product of her being raped by The Darkness (which is a very boring name). And that she wanted to keep the child away from her because she was being taken over by The Darkness so she entrusted him to Clark and Lois. Future timeline Diana is also have mentioned to have killed herself to keep the Darkness from finally overtaking her. And it was resolved when they defeated that Darkness in the past negating said timeline. Then Hunter and the rest of the kids returned to the future assuming the new timeline would be better and they'd all exist/have a place in it. I feel that story is done and it's better not to dig it up by bringing it's version of Hunter. I guess Hunter could return to the present because he didn't have any place in the altered future timeline they returned to. But I rather we didn't have him around as a character who's backstory involves Diana becoming pregnant by rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    She was vindicated, when it was explained Hunter was the product of her being raped by The Darkness (which is a very boring name). And that she wanted to keep the child away from her because she was being taken over by The Darkness so she entrusted him to Clark and Lois. Future timeline Diana is also have mentioned to have killed herself to keep the Darkness from finally overtaking her. And it was resolved when they defeated that Darkness in the past negating said timeline. Then Hunter and the rest of the kids returned to the future assuming the new timeline would be better and they'd all exist/have a place in it. I feel that story is done and it's better not to dig it up by bringing it's version of Hunter. I guess Hunter could return to the present because he didn't have any place in the altered future timeline they returned to. But I rather we didn't have him around as a character who's backstory involves Diana becoming pregnant by rape.
    If the Darkness was defeated in the past Hunter wouldn't exist because there's no Darkness to impregnate Diana which means the story isn't true.

If the Darkness was defeated in the past Hunter wouldn't exist because there's no Darkness to impregnate Diana which means the story isn't true.
    Or like in Xena where beating the bad guy meant losing the war? The Destroyers in Xena would never have been born if Gabrielle hadn't interrupted the ritual.

Incredible Member

I tend not to try and think about stories with time travel too much especially when changing the past and creating some kind of paradox is the goal. I don't know what kind of Time travel rules the story was operating on? Some variant of back to the future rules where Marty was able to return as himself to a better version of 1985, I guess?

In the epilogue, Barry is just like "Don't worry, you kids exist just fine right now, right?"
    Diana considers the possibility she's alive in the new timeline and tells Hunter if she is for him to look her up and give her a chance.

Yeah I guess he could have actually been conceived by somebody else and he's returned to a timeline where he and Diana had a great relationship with her raising him. Either with him retaining his own memories or them adapting to the new timeline.

Or he could end up an temporal anomaly and he connects with a future Diana who only remembers him from the time travel incident

Or he could have ceased to exist upon their return to their time period.

Or via some kind of cosmic backtrack, they ended back in their own dystopic future.

Time travel in comics, especially DC, tends not to follow clear consistent rules.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    How is that a problem?
    See the last page of this thread.

I mean how bad is there a need for Wonder Boy? I don’t mind it it’s just rather Donna and Cassie come first and stabilize them. The next issue is this. What origin do you give him? Do you make him queer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Wonder Woman should turn herself in to maxican man with bouch of surgeries and stuff and get the name of Don Alehandro Della Vega... :O you see what i did there... Zorro is actually Wonder Woman. :O I'm number 1 super genious
    Not sure what your bizarre tirade is about?

Wonder Woman should turn herself in to maxican
    FYI Lynda Cordova Carter was Mexican American, daughter of Juanita Córdova and Colby Carter

get the name of Don Alehandro Della Vega... :O you see what i did there... Zorro is actually Wonder Woman. :O I'm number 1 super genious
    Also, ironically before most of the heroine-lead adventure films Supergirl, Catwoman, before Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, before Ripley, Sarah and Lara, etc. the first female lead masked proto-super heroine film was actually the Female Zorro -

Last edited by Güicho; 03-12-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Would anyone want Renae De Liz to do a actually run on Wonder Woman ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Would anyone want Renae De Liz to do a actually run on Wonder Woman ?
    Of course but it will never happen. Although maybe Didio’s departure will change things?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of course but it will never happen. Although maybe Didio’s departure will change things?
    I doubt he was the only one part of that snap decision-making. De Liz also has some controversy surrounding her fulfilling of crowdfunded graphic novels (not sure if that's still a controversy but I remember bits and pieces from what I read).

I would absolutely support a De Liz run, though. The cancellation of her TLOWW was one of the biggest blows for me. She planned to use Blue Snowman, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Not sure what your bizarre tirade is about?

FYI Lynda Cordova Carter was Mexican American, daughter of Juanita Córdova and Colby Carter

Also, ironically before most of the heroine-lead adventure films Supergirl, Catwoman, before Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, before Ripley, Sarah and Lara, etc. the first female lead masked proto-super heroine film was actually the Female Zorro -

Because of Lynda I always thought the actor who played Wonder Woman should be Latina.