Page 124 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean how bad is there a need for Wonder Boy? I don’t mind it it’s just rather Donna and Cassie come first and stabilize them. The next issue is this. What origin do you give him? Do you make him queer?
    I feel like Cass and Donna should be involved in Diana's life and should have some kind of solid baseline status quo before we bring in more legacies and sidekicks. When those two aren't really tied to Diana and Donna is still comics' biggest train wreck I feel like a third legacy is the wrong thing to be putting effort into.

Don't care what the origin or powerset is as long as its well written. Don't really care if he's queer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like Cass and Donna should be involved in Diana's life and should have some kind of solid baseline status quo before we bring in more legacies and sidekicks. When those two aren't really tied to Diana and Donna is still comics' biggest train wreck I feel like a third legacy is the wrong thing to be putting effort into.

Don't care what the origin or powerset is as long as its well written. Don't really care if he's queer.
    This is the reason why I don’t trust any new additions to WW’s cast. Why would I trust them? They don’t even use the ones they already have. Why would I believe this new “hot” characters is going to stick around either? To me the ideal WW creative team would use almost exclusively, existing and native Wonderwoman characters.

I agree.

I think if you really want to build Diana up and solidify her world, instead of introducing new stuff and trying to build a new status quo from nothing, you should take everything that's already there and tie those loose threads together. It would provide a setting that is both familiar and fresh and be much more likely to stick long-term. Though DC would actually have to enforce consistency in the franchise for a change.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean how bad is there a need for Wonder Boy? I don’t mind it it’s just rather Donna and Cassie come first and stabilize them. The next issue is this. What origin do you give him? Do you make him queer?
    My idea of Wonder Boy would be either son of Hercules who wants to defeat Wonder Woman because his father considered her a great warrior or a prince from a fantasy world who wants Wonder Woman to train him to protect his home.

As much as I think the comics lean too heavily on the myth stuff, I think your best bet might be to borrow from the Olympians and pick some no-name demigod. Fans tend to latch onto established concepts more than brand new ones, and even if it's a character in a myth they've never heard of, the fact that it's a myth still gives it *some* credit. And it gives you a basic foundation to work with, but a mountain of creative freedom.

Consider someone like Phaethon. Someone mentioned only once or twice but with a solid story to launch off of. This kid was the son of the sun god Helios, and doubted his father's claims of divinity (I'm not sure why). So he talks dad into letting him drive the sun chariot to prove it. It doesn't go well and Zeus has to shoot him out of the sky before Phaethon can light the whole world on fire.

So there you go. You've got a kid who stole the car and got into an accident. And he's got a family legacy to live up to, what with dad being the sun and granddad being the titan Hyperion, so he really feels like he has to make up for that. He was grounded for the last two thousand years, but now he's allowed to go outside again and he's asking Diana to train him.

If Diana's three biggest genres are mythology, war stories, and political/philosophy thrillers, then a demigod who taps into two or all three would be ideal. Is there a demigod of the democratic process or something? Demigod of military scouts?

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

If Diana's three biggest genres are mythology, war stories, and political/philosophy thrillers, then a demigod who taps into two or all three would be ideal. Is there a demigod of the democratic process or something? Demigod of military scouts?
    If you asimiliate politics and philosophy, then Apollo is the god you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    If you asimiliate politics and philosophy, then Apollo is the god you want.
    Too big a name to be a sidekick. Everyone knows Apollo. And as a major god he'd be too powerful for anyone to buy him being a sidekick. But if he had a grand kid or nephew or something that only got mentioned in one or two stories? Yeah, that would work.

~ Black Panther.

Does anyone want to see Evilness again? Or Osria? So Evilness before the name change was Saturna. So the two can be two separate characters. We also have an Alien slave master and trader with Osria. Eviless was also a slave trader

Too big a name to be a sidekick. Everyone knows Apollo. And as a major god he'd be too powerful for anyone to buy him being a sidekick. But if he had a grand kid or nephew or something that only got mentioned in one or two stories? Yeah, that would work.
    Also when DC ran a story with Zeus getting killed... guess who took over? Yep, Apollo!

Why not Hunter be Wonder Boy. It's easy But if we want Jason, he can simply be Wonder Boy by training with Diana.

Hunter was that kid from the future in a Justice League run right? Didn't read that so I don't know anything about him.

~ Black Panther.

Hunter was that kid from the future in a Justice League run right? Didn't read that so I don't know anything about him.
    Yea. I mean sure it's time travel but this time it can be a different future line. People are more interested in Hunter than Jason. Jason didn't leave much to enjoy.

No Jason really did not.

So what's Hunter's deal? Isn't he from a broken future or something? I'm getting a real "Future Trunks DBZ" vibe.

I feel like if we're gonna get a time traveling sidekick we should just return to the original version of Wonder Girl, where teen Diana would jump through time to have adventures.

That's a new dynamic for a sidekick right? Teaming up with your past self?

~ Black Panther.

No Jason really did not.

So what's Hunter's deal? Isn't he from a broken future or something? I'm getting a real "Future Trunks DBZ" vibe.
    Basically yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Basically yeah.
    Well, I did like Future Trunks quite a bit.....

I dunno, that premise is always a quality idea but does it say "new sidekick?" Feels like it'd be a cool premise for a legacy, like a Red Hood or a Power Girl, but a straight up sidekick who'd be patrolling with Diana and showcasing primarily in her title? I dunno if this says "Wonder Boy" to me.

Could be good though.

~ Black Panther.