Page 135 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 6592

I mean the Amazons do have their own metal. So what if do to that the metal is actually able to produce more? That due to the Island's already magical origin before the Amazons. The metal is able to produce metal quicker and shorter time. I

I been wondering. What if the Amazons did leave. Only when women who are harmed found a way to call them and the Amazons open a portal to take those women or children. Like abandoing girls and women who are abused.

Diana is written (and even drawn) WAY better and MUCH more consistently in Justice League Dark than she is in her own book (or really anywhere else in the mainstream DC Universe at the moment).

Honestly, Justice League Dark even gives us the best Circe we've seen in years.

I would LOVE to see James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez Bueno take over Wonder Woman's book for a nice, lengthy run.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Diana is written (and even drawn) WAY better and MUCH more consistently in Justice League Dark than she is in her own book (or really anywhere else in the mainstream DC Universe at the moment).

Honestly, Justice League Dark even gives us the best Circe we've seen in years.

I would LOVE to see James Tynion IV and Alvaro Martinez Bueno take over Wonder Woman's book for a nice, lengthy run.
    I agree, though I don’t know how controversial that is since I’ve seen the opinion expressed elsewhere fairly frequently.

I would say the best WW thing I’m enjoying now is Dead Earth

Do you guys think Donna will be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Honestly? No. Diana's not exactly on strong editorial ground and creators are constantly changing everything about her world and mythos. Donna isn't even a part of Diana's editorial and belongs to the Titans group (Titans are League editorial I think, while Diana is under Superman's?) and the Titans are treated worse than Diana is.

For Donna to get fixed for more than five seconds, Diana needs a lot of consistency in her origin and backstory, Donna has to be put under Diana's editor, and then the creators have to want to put the effort into fixing Donna, which would require a ton of effort and focus for someone who's not the star of the book. And unless you just completely dump all of Donna's history it has to work around whatever Titans continuity looks like, and that also has to be consistent or Donna's history gets twisted up again.

It's not that Donna *can't* be sorted out, I just don't think DC puts enough effort into either Wonder Woman or the Titans to make it happen.

Realistically speaking, 5G was probably the best shot Donna had at getting straightened out. DC seemed to have that new timeline worked out fairly solidly. But now, who the hell knows what'll happen? That window might've closed before it even opened.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I thought when New 52 was coming around Donna was one the characters who would actually benefit from a clean slate.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Honestly? No. Diana's not exactly on strong editorial ground and creators are constantly changing everything about her world and mythos. Donna isn't even a part of Diana's editorial and belongs to the Titans group (Titans are League editorial I think, while Diana is under Superman's?) and the Titans are treated worse than Diana is.

For Donna to get fixed for more than five seconds, Diana needs a lot of consistency in her origin and backstory, Donna has to be put under Diana's editor, and then the creators have to want to put the effort into fixing Donna, which would require a ton of effort and focus for someone who's not the star of the book. And unless you just completely dump all of Donna's history it has to work around whatever Titans continuity looks like, and that also has to be consistent or Donna's history gets twisted up again.

It's not that Donna *can't* be sorted out, I just don't think DC puts enough effort into either Wonder Woman or the Titans to make it happen.

Realistically speaking, 5G was probably the best shot Donna had at getting straightened out. DC seemed to have that new timeline worked out fairly solidly. But now, who the hell knows what'll happen? That window might've closed before it even opened.
    Yes? I hope so. I think Orlando was doing a pretty good job at least, and hope they're able to start releasing things again soon so we can see. So far Orlando showed a Donna who was adopted and raised by the Amazons on themyscira and and mentored by Diana, and a Diana who is loving and concerned for her sister, and acknowledging of the fact she's kind of failed in that regard recently. I know some people are disapointed about Diana rescuing a young Donna from somebody who intended to use her as a weapon instead of from a fire, my self included, but it's not a dealbreaker yet.

I am kind of worried Tamaki might not continue with what Orlando set up with Diana realizing she hasn't been attentive to Donna and Cassie and wants to rebuild her relationships with them, but we'll have to see. And it might not matter if she's only on for an arc and Orlando comes back.

True. Cassie and Donna are gone from Diana's team. It's times like these I wish Diana has her own team. However, Donna and Cassie are also fine on Titans. So it's a back and forth. They should team up more. I mean since they are more in Titans it wouldn't make sense to have her on Diana. I would like a team up

You guys think JLD will have Diana?

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/jus...ms-1234582489/

Controversial opinion, Al Ewing and Jason Aaron write a great Wonder Woman in Jane Foster Valkyrie. It's a lot of what I'd want from Diana but with a golden All Weapon instead of a lasso.

I wouldn't mind a WW in both the movies and the tv but I imagine Warners will be keeping Diana a movie-only character for now.

We should be so lucky, but I doubt it. Something about the way they said "and many others" without a mention of Wonder Woman doesn't fill me with hope.

Not sure if this controversial or not but while I don't want to be always be part of her standard look all the time, I've liked the recent trend in years for Wonder Woman to have a hooded cloak as part of her attire.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-16-2020 at 09:41 PM.

So I'm curious what if Ares was the father of some of the Amazons. How does that change things? Also, instead of Zeus why not a normal man? I mean if Hippoltya is Ares's daughter this means Diana would already be powerful.

Also, I been thinking since the Banas are slightly based on real Amazons. Why not have the fact there are other Amazons tribes? Those are the Banas that expanded. They had taken land or cities and towns. They make things look normal but no one normals the truth. The Banas is the safe cities for women. I had this idea where women go to them to be free from abusive relationships. THe Bans take men like these and make them consorts
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-17-2020 at 01:01 PM.