Page 136 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think JLD will have Diana?

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/jus...ms-1234582489/
    I wouldn't be surprised if Gal Gadot got a cameo or guest appearance, along the lines of Ezra Miller on the CW last year, but I don't think we'll see Diana as part of the regular cast.

It's possible Diana could be included of course, her movie did well and she's well known so it'd be a benefit to the show, and HBO might have the budget to afford at least a minor role for her. Plus, we're getting cross-platform material with Disney+ and the MCU so WB/DC might try to mimic it. But I think a cameo is about as good as we're likely to get.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

HBO could 100% afford Wonder Woman but I doubt she'd fit the tone/scope of a Shadowpact show.

Depends on what they adapt, wouldnt it?

Diana's been a main character in JLD for a while now right? Wouldn't take a genius to take that, see the success she's had with her film, and decide that she should be involved somehow.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

James Robinson's recent run wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, especially when you view it in the context of what it really was: clean-up and board-shuffling. They had to deliver some sort of pay-off to Diana having a brother, but no one was interested or wanted to use him long term, hence his fate in Dark Gods. They had to bring Darkseid back to full power and follow up on Grail as well. All told, I actually enjoyed certain parts of it and I like that it felt more connected to the DC Universe at large.

On the other side of the coin, I'm about halfway through G. Willow Wilson's run, and it is the most abominable sludge of a comic I have ever sat through. I cannot believe how boring and terrible this is. I am forcing myself to read it only because I desperately want to see the story of how Diana gets back to Themyscira. I fear it might not be worth it. This sucks. I just finished Justice League Dark and yeah it is leagues above this, and possibly the best Diana in Rebirth outside of Rucka's run.

Also I don't mind Diana being Zeus's daughter.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Depends on what they adapt, wouldnt it?

Diana's been a main character in JLD for a while now right? Wouldn't take a genius to take that, see the success she's had with her film, and decide that she should be involved somehow.
    I would hope that a Shadowpact/JLD joint would avoid being a superhero narrative, and more just occult characters doing occult stuff. Something more interesting.

Wonder Woman is a great character and I'd love for her to show up, but I would really hope it wouldnt be in service to some A to B villain plot.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    James Robinson's recent run wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, especially when you view it in the context of what it really was: clean-up and board-shuffling. They had to deliver some sort of pay-off to Diana having a brother, but no one was interested or wanted to use him long term, hence his fate in Dark Gods. They had to bring Darkseid back to full power and follow up on Grail as well. All told, I actually enjoyed certain parts of it and I like that it felt more connected to the DC Universe at large.

On the other side of the coin, I'm about halfway through G. Willow Wilson's run, and it is the most abominable sludge of a comic I have ever sat through. I cannot believe how boring and terrible this is. I am forcing myself to read it only because I desperately want to see the story of how Diana gets back to Themyscira. I fear it might not be worth it. This sucks. I just finished Justice League Dark and yeah it is leagues above this, and possibly the best Diana in Rebirth outside of Rucka's run.

How is it okay for Diana to be the daughter of a serial rapist and pretty much icon of womanizing? Are fans of this just not acknowledging this part of the mythology?

Leave it to Morrison to include the only worst scenario in WWE1

Spectacular Member

How is it okay for Diana to be the daughter of a serial rapist and pretty much icon of womanizing? Are fans of this just not acknowledging this part of the mythology?
    Because she is defined by her acts and not by her parents ? People born from rape are people too you know, it's not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

Leave it to Morrison to include the only worst scenario in WWE1
    Yeah, Diana’s conception in Earth One was more of a breaking point for me than making her just another Zeus offspring in the regular continuity.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, Diana’s conception in Earth One was more of a breaking point for me than making her just another Zeus offspring in the regular continuity.
    I'm kinda the opposite. If we have to give Diana a big name father from Greek myth, I'd rather it be Hercules than Zeus. Hercules is at least already tied to the Amazon myth and the origins of WW, so I'm not sure why they just didn't go with that in the New 52.

But I think Earth One being outside of main canon from the word go make it easier to swallow than having Baby Daddy Zeus being in the main canon and only option at the time.

I love the Zeus sperm donor origin. It reminds me of Laurie Juspeczyk.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm kinda the opposite. If we have to give Diana a big name father from Greek myth, I'd rather it be Hercules than Zeus. Hercules is at least already tied to the Amazon myth and the origins of WW, so I'm not sure why they just didn't go with that in the New 52.

But I think Earth One being outside of main canon from the word go make it easier to swallow than having Baby Daddy Zeus being in the main canon and only option at the time.
    My main problem with it was making Diana a child of Hercules raping Hippolyta whereas in the regular canon I believe the relationship was consensual even if Zeus saw it as a one night thing.

That said I don't like either of the two involved in her creation.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    My main problem with it was making Diana a child of Hercules raping Hippolyta whereas in the regular canon I believe the relationship was consensual even if Zeus saw it as a one night thing.

That said I don't like either of the two involved in her creation.
    Diana wasn't conceived by Hercules raping Hippolyta in Earth One though. Hippolyta took his sperm and later created Diana with it. During the destruction of Amazonia, it's sort of ambiguous if Hercules raped her before hand though he clearly has it on his mind before she kills him. But it didn't result in pregnancy either way. And unlike other depictions that toy with redeeming Hercules to varying degrees of success, I like that she just killed the bastard and definitively beat him there.

If another version were to toy with making him the father, I'd rather she and Hercules have a consensual affair before he betrays her with no rape occurring. Or make someone like Prince Theno her father.

But I do ultimately agree with you, for me it still goes classic clay birth>Earth One>New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana wasn't conceived by Hercules raping Hippolyta in Earth One though. Hippolyta took his sperm and later created Diana with it. During the destruction of Amazonia, it's sort of ambiguous if Hercules raped her before hand though he clearly has it on his mind before she kills him. But it didn't result in pregnancy either way. And unlike other depictions that toy with redeeming Hercules to varying degrees of success, I like that she just killed the bastard and definitively beat him there.

If another version were to toy with making him the father, I'd rather she and Hercules have a consensual affair before he betrays her with no rape occurring. Or make someone like Prince Theno her father.

But I do ultimately agree with you, for me it still goes classic clay birth>Earth One>New 52.
    Must of have mis-remembered on my part but I do agree, if DC is insistent Diana is to have a paternal figure your proposal about Hercules and Hippolyta being in a relationship before the enslavement would probably be the best way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post

If the goal of Robinson's run was clean up, it did a lousy job. Wilson's run had its problems but Robinson's is easily the worse between the two. If no one had any interest in using Jason, then the smart decision would have been to ignore him.

Spectacular Member

If no one had any interest in using Jason, then the smart decision would have been to ignore him.
    Ignoring continuity is never a smart decision. A lot of people care about it and would have ask again and again who is Diana's brother.