Page 144 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    take a step back and remember DC's broad history of constantly scaling Diana up and down, almost as if to humble her. I just don't like it. I'd rather Diana just be impervious to un-enchanted terrestrial arsenals. Even Aquaman is more durable than her and she should always be on or above his level of strength/durability.
    Oh, Im definitely coming at this without taking into consideration DC's ability to actually do it right. And you're totally correct that DC would f**k it up.

But they can't get her right even when she's a high-end, Kryptonian level flying brick with no weaknesses at all. So it's not like we really got much to lose here.

Like I've said earlier, if I had my way she'd be "vulnerable" to bullets, but "vulnerable" like Aquaman is. A direct head shot with a high quality military grade weapon will break the skin and make her bleed. Her armor prevents even that, so you gotta aim for her head or another exposed area, and then hope she doesn't deflect the bullet back at you. Against virtually any other kind of attack, She's far more durable. So I feel like this wouldn't really impair her. If you're lucky enough to get past all her defenses and actually land that head shot, all it's gonna do is piss her off.

It'd make her gear and skill far more important, and I'd rather Diana be seen as the pinnacle of "ability fused with power" instead of just being "on Superman's level." I mean, this is DC so everyone with super strength is compared to Clark and his strength is the unassailable barrier no one can surpass, but almost everything about Diana's powerset is a direct comparison to him (not just a upper limit), and I don't care for the idea that the most popular female in comics (if not fiction) has her powers defined by someone else to such a degree.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, Im definitely coming at this without taking into consideration DC's ability to actually do it right. And you're totally correct that DC would f**k it up.

But they can't get her right even when she's a high-end, Kryptonian level flying brick with no weaknesses at all. So it's not like we really got much to lose here.

Like I've said earlier, if I had my way she'd be "vulnerable" to bullets, but "vulnerable" like Aquaman is. A direct head shot with a high quality military grade weapon will break the skin and make her bleed. Her armor prevents even that, so you gotta aim for her head or another exposed area, and then hope she doesn't deflect the bullet back at you. Against virtually any other kind of attack, She's far more durable. So I feel like this wouldn't really impair her. If you're lucky enough to get past all her defenses and actually land that head shot, all it's gonna do is piss her off.

It'd make her gear and skill far more important, and I'd rather Diana be seen as the pinnacle of "ability fused with power" instead of just being "on Superman's level." I mean, this is DC so everyone with super strength is compared to Clark and his strength is the unassailable barrier no one can surpass, but almost everything about Diana's powerset is a direct comparison to him (not just a upper limit), and I don't care for the idea that the most popular female in comics (if not fiction) has her powers defined by someone else to such a degree.
    a

Yea they say she can go head to head with Superman. She survived bombs. Which mind you small parts of that part can pierce you. She is fine but a bullet she can die. Rucka did have Diana hit in the head I think. I mean she with the bullets gone she doesn't really have a weakness. Useless they go within the nanobots thing. Which was dumb. Diana serval times in comics does detect a few lies. Not only that she is trained not to go crazy. I mean technically the best thing is going with her own powers. I mean her lasso can easily be a weakness. No one should be able to escape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No. That takes away the whole point. She can be shot and killed by bullets. That's the way it is and that's the way it's always been.

I'd hate for DC to make a drastic change to Wonder Woman's powers because certain fans don't understand something. That's their fault, not Wonder Woman's. I don't understand trigonometry but no one is changing it to accommodate me. I can't speak Russian but they don't seem to care. They're not making it more like English so I can understand it better.
    The issue here is how does that works. She has been hit by things way more powerful than a bullet. She has survived bombs. I wouldn't mind the bullet weakness but when she been able to survive far worst feat, it does call into question why just bullets. I wouldn't mind if they harmed her but not kill her. Massively damage her yea. Comics don't need to fit into world logic. But when Diana can survive serval things but not a bullet wouldn't that question a lot of things? Batman is Bulletproof now. We have a woman who is the most powerful hero yet a bullet can kill her. If we don't make a reason why it works that really makes it seem like it's easy to kill her.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-29-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She survived bombs. Which mind you small parts of that part can pierce you
    Sure, but shrapnel isn't a bullet. It's the idea of what the bullet is and what it represents that's capable of hurting her, not a small, pointy piece of metal fired at a high velocity.

Like I said above, I doubt DC could handle something like this and it's probably better to just make her durability a static thing and not susceptible to particular circumstances. The poor woman suffers enough under DC introducing something as abstract as this.

But *if* you were to enforce the old vulnerabilities, I think this would do the job without actually de-powering her.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I can live with that compromise, but I think she was penetrated by a sniper round at least twice during Rebirth and that just makes her too vulnerable for the JLA if even Batman can take the Joker's revolver pressed directly into his noggin and discharged.

I'm not even kidding. He has a revolver pressed right into the cowl, BLAM, and he's just knocked out for a bit. No bang flag or nothing. Live round. Absolutely stupid. If even Bruce can tank live rounds, Diana needs to be able to. I generally don't like power scaling, but even I have to call foul there. That's Harley taking on the Trinity in two pages and winning levels of stupid.

For me, that's just lipservice - as evidenced by your quotation marks. She might as well be totally invulnerable becaase it makes no practical difference. No point in even doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I can live with that compromise, but I think she was penetrated by a sniper round at least twice during Rebirth and that just makes her too vulnerable for the JLA if even Batman can take the Joker's revolver pressed directly into his noggin and discharged.

I'm not even kidding. He has a revolver pressed right into the cowl, BLAM, and he's just knocked out for a bit. No bang flag or nothing. Live round. Absolutely stupid. If even Bruce can tank live rounds, Diana needs to be able to. I generally don't like power scaling, but even I have to call foul there. That's Harley taking on the Trinity in two pages and winning levels of stupid.

I, on the other hand, think the problem is Batman having that level of durability, not Diana not having enough. I want her vulnerable to bullets, as I've said. And I want Bruce vulnerable to a lot more than he is. His suit being what it is too often has the effect of making him Iron Man-ish. He's (to me) supposed to be the human one. If his suit gives him inhuman levels of strength or even invulnerability, it just defeats the entire purpose of him not being superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    For me, that's just lipservice - as evidenced by your quotation marks. She might as well be totally invulnerable becaase it makes no practical difference. No point in even doing it.

I, on the other hand, think the problem is Batman having that level of durability, not Diana not having enough. I want her vulnerable to bullets, as I've said. And I want Bruce vulnerable to a lot more than he is. His suit being what it is too often has the effect of making him Iron Man-ish. He's (to me) supposed to be the human one. If his suit gives him inhuman levels of strength or even invulnerability, it just defeats the entire purpose of him not being superhuman.
    Oh, I agree. I think Bruce is way too durable as-is... But I see it less likely that DC scale Batman down than they scale Wonder Woman up. I don't think the Batsuit should even protect him in the body from high-powered rifles. If he's to be just a man, stakes should remain high for him. But that's for a Batman thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Eh, what weakness isn't just lip service? Does it ever truly change the course of the story? Does kryptonite ever *actually* defeat Superman? No, it just gives us a few panels of Clark in pain to add to the drama before his inevitable victory. Hell, it wasn't even kryptonite that killed him, just blunt force trauma.

I'm not advocating for this so much as just tossing out ideas on how it could actually be done in a interesting fashion.

And yes, Batman is a whole big stupid over powered pile of problems. But this isn't the forum for it.

~ Black Panther.

I have been curious. Who is the most hated character in Wonder Woman? I just don't want her to die from one bullet. I just take it should take longer for bullets to cause damage. They go through her. Can tear muscles but not straight up kill her. I mean Aquaman is now bulletproof.

I have been curious. Who is the most hated character in Wonder Woman? .
    In recent years, probably Jason.

Who is the most hated character in Wonder Woman?
    Zeus.
    10 characters

Jason is by far the most hated Wonder Woman character of all time.

Other contenders: Zeus, Egg Fu, Grail, Maxwell Lord, First Born, the Gorilla Knights, Zola, and Aleka.

Lol, yeah Jason. I figured we were going with characters with significance.

I have been curious. Who is the most hated character in Wonder Woman?
    A stable status quo.

Probably Jason, to be entirely honest. I've yet to see someone white knight that kid.

Since when is Zeus hated?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Since when is Zeus hated?
    Since they made him Diana's daddy. Or maybe even before then when he #metoo'd her in Perez's run.

These aren't hard and fast rules, obviously. Not everyone is going to hate Zeus or Jason or Egg Fu, but they are controversial figures nonetheless with largely negative receptions.