Page 145 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Since when is Zeus hated?
    It’s more the Zeus as the father origin I have a problem with than Zeus himself. He’s fine for me as another character in her mythos as the occasional nuisance/antagonist/ally.

I mean even before Zeus being her dad. He did try to rape her in a comic

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It’s more the Zeus as the father origin I have a problem with than Zeus himself.
    I'm glad I never sent you part two of my Hippolyte backstory of her time in WW1. Things change dramatically.

I'm curious why not Hippolyta has been a demigoddess? I mean with the many myths in Amazon lore. Couldn't one of them have been a demigoddess? I mean their mother is Harmonia and in some the lover of Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious why not Hippolyta has been a demigoddess? I mean with the many myths in Amazon lore. Couldn't one of them have been a demigoddess? I mean their mother is Harmonia and in some the lover of Ares.
    Because th DC Amazons are not the same as those in various versions of mythology.

But Zeus is an abuser. Even in this version. He slept with Hippolyta. I also don't like the fact she easily gave up Jason. Hippolyta has shown she is willing to give up everything to save Diana. Why is this any different?

But Zeus is an abuser.
    Zeus is a philanderer, and an evil god. It's not like he threw his infant son off a mountaintop.

Why is this any different?
    Because myths are aggregate stories collected, interpreted, and translated. DC's Hippolyte suffers decades of poor writing from comic book writers.

Spectacular Member

But Zeus is an abuser.
    Is he ? I don't recall he was depicted as such in N52-Rebirth (but i may be wrong). A skirt chaser definitely but his relationship with Hippolyta was consensual, and since we have no narrative about his others relationship in the comic, we can't assume it wasn't the case either, no matter what the myths say.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Is he ? I don't recall he was depicted as such in N52-Rebirth (but i may be wrong). A skirt chaser definitely but his relationship with Hippolyta was consensual, and since we have no narrative about his others relationship in the comic, we can't assume it wasn't the case either, no matter what the myths say.
    The fact this ever happened should have excluded DC's Zeus from becoming Wonder Woman's trumped up "parent".

WW Zeus attempted r.jpg

WW Zeus attempted r 2.jpg

WW Zeus attempted r3.jpg

I say abuser since he has harmed Hera emotionally. Consent yes but everything just makes Hippoltya more questionable. You want her to have flaws yes but these things are much greater than harm for herself. She is willing to have one date for her whole kingdom?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-05-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Zeus is a philanderer, and an evil god. It's not like he threw his infant son off a mountaintop.
    I thought it was Hera who threw Hephaistos down from Olympos, but it seems there are different versions of the myth. The version with Hera explains why Hephaistos took revenge on her later by trapping Hera in a golden throne that he built for her... Let's say that both Zeus and Hera will not win Parent of the Year anytime soon

None of the gods were what we'd call good people. Zeus is definitely a womanizing POS but Hera isn't exactly an innocent either.

I really think Azzarello had the right idea, the Greek pantheon was the first mafia style crime family.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    None of the gods were what we'd call good people.
    Hestia seemed nice enough. I don't recall Hephaestus being much of a jerk either.

I'd say there are gods who were good people, gods who were bad people and those who were in-between. Not unlike humans.

Zeus is definitely a womanizing POS but Hera isn't exactly an innocent either.
    That's being charitable.

Quote Originally Posted by hgzip View Post
    it seems there are different versions of the myth.
    The Greek pantheon is filled with monsters and selfish, evil gods. They were personifications of natural forces and moments of chaos. There were no heroes, angels, or benevolent kindly parent figures... I think Prometheus is probably the kindest god in Greek mythology, and he was strapped to a rock and eaten by eagles. Describing them as "abusers" is missing the point. They are abuse, they are selfishness, they are whim and cruel. They are all monsters, and Zeus is in the very center.

Spectacular Member

The fact this ever happened should have excluded DC's Zeus from becoming Wonder Woman's trumped up "parent".
    It's an other timeline/reality. We don't even know if it is the same Zeus with DC tempering with the multiverse consistancy...