Page 15 of 440 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So bullets she be harmed by but being stabbed, taken bombs and nukes she okay? Doesn’t that seem inconsistent? Even if it’s magically in nature there is also a rules of how it works. Why does bullets work but not swords or bombs? What are your rules
    The rules are simple.

Wonder Woman's invulnerability comes from a magical ritual she undergoes after winning the contest on Themyscira. For the ritual to work, she is required to name something as a weakness that can bypass her defenses. She chooses bullets, so the defenses don't work on Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The rules are simple.

Wonder Woman's invulnerability comes from a magical ritual she undergoes after winning the contest on Themyscira. For the ritual to work, she is required to name something as a weakness that can bypass her defenses. She chooses bullets, so the defenses don't work on Bullets
    Uh. Why would she choose bullets? That’s a terrible choice, bullets are the main weapon of choice she’ll be facing. She’d be a total moron to pick bullets and not something way rarer and harder to find like say mistletoe arrows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh. Why would she choose bullets? That’s a terrible choice, bullets are the main weapon of choice she’ll be facing. She’d be a total moron to pick bullets and not something way rarer and harder to find like say mistletoe arrows.
    Because when she leaves themyscira, she intends to be a leader, and she feels it's not fair to ask other people to risk harm when she isn't in the same danger. Since bullets are the primary threat people of Man's world face, she picks them

The rules are simple.

Do things like swords or arrows also work the same way? Can she be killed by bullets?

Extraordinary Member

Do things like swords or arrows also work the same way? Can she be killed by bullets?
    Swords and Arrows wouldn't.

Wonder Woman getting shot would have as much chance of dying as any other person who got shot

Because when she leaves themyscira, she intends to be a leader, and she feels it's not fair to ask other people to risk harm when she isn't in the same danger. Since bullets are the primary threat people of Man's world face, she picks them
    If she gets shot and killed, she's in no position to lead anyone. People in man's world have developed contingencies amd protection against bullets. Diana wouldn't be a hypocrite if she did the same.

Maybe we should compromise. She has a weakness to bullet but they don't kill her. They can harm her. It can take a bit of time to heal depending on what the damage and what was use.

Extraordinary Member

I actually really like this. It actually shows a lot of compassion and she doesn't put herself above the common person. She's willing to lead them but not be above them. Now that's a leader you can follow.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe we should compromise. She has a weakness to bullet but they don't kill her. They can harm her. It can take a bit of time to heal depending on what the damage and what was use.
    Ha! So more or less what I was proposing before. XD
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

The point of the bullets deflecting aren't to show that bullets are dangerous to her, it's to show how little they mean to her. The only reason Superman doesn't, say, catch the bullets out of the air and avoid them ricocheting into someone is because seeing the bullets bounce off his S is a striking image. We don't establish that only the S is bulletproof and if it hits his skin it makes him bleed a little. We don't even establish that criminals have learned at this point to stop wasting ammo!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The point of the bullets deflecting aren't to show that bullets are dangerous to her, it's to show how little they mean to her. The only reason Superman doesn't, say, catch the bullets out of the air and avoid them ricocheting into someone is because seeing the bullets bounce off his S is a striking image. We don't establish that only the S is bulletproof and if it hits his skin it makes him bleed a little. We don't even establish that criminals have learned at this point to stop wasting ammo!
    If they mean so little to her why doesn't she just let them bounce off of her own body then, sans bracelets? If anything, that would show her as even more powerful. I mean, while I obviously prefer her to be a little less invulnerable in addition to not losing the iconography as someone else mentioned, I just can't let go of that disconnect. If the bracelets are just for show then just say so. That's fine. But the moment she starts to use them to deflect projectiles, though, this conversation starts all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    If they mean so little to her why doesn't she just let them bounce off of her own body then, sans bracelets? If anything, that would show her as even more powerful. I mean, while I obviously prefer her to be a little less invulnerable in addition to not losing the iconography as someone else mentioned, I just can't let go of that disconnect. If the bracelets are just for show then just say so. That's fine. But the moment she starts to use them to deflect projectiles, though, this conversation starts all over again.
    Superman's costume in the New 52 was body armor that covered almost his entire body. Did people start asking if he wasn't totally invulnerable anymore?

BANNED

Classic Wonder Woman literally said that bracelets and bullets is a fun game they play in her homeland. And like Gaelforce said, "they have been doing away with a lot of the 'silly' weaknesses. Currently, Green Lantern doesn't have any (no battery, no yellow), Aquaman doesn't fall over after being out of water for an hour, Superman became more magic resistant, etc" So why give WW such a silly weakness? aquaman is bulletproof now too. The bracelets are iconic yes. But she doesn't need a weakness to bullets to use them. And she uses the shield more than the bracelets nowadays, sadly because that rquires less skill and speed than blocking with bracelets. She seems to decrease instead of increasing these days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Superman's costume in the New 52 was body armor that covered almost his entire body. Did people start asking if he wasn't totally invulnerable anymore?
    Yeah, but most people commented about how dumb that was.

Yeah, but most people commented about how dumb that was.

Well, do people ask if only the S is bulletproof since criminals always seem to focus on shooting that?