Page 150 of 440 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 6590
    Spectacular Member

For Steve, I've been thinking. Are there a villans Diana and he can both share? I was thinking maybe Dr.Cyber.
    Poison. She is a mercenary, exactly the kind of threat Steve is trained to fight.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    For Steve, I've been thinking. Are there a villans Diana and he can both share? I was thinking maybe Dr.Cyber.
    Kung would be a good one.

Psycho I think could make an interesting thematic opposite to Steve given Psycho is usually a stand-in for unabashed hatred of women.

Going outside of WW's rogues gallery roster, I think the various morally-dubious spy/government-sponsored characters in DC could make a good co-villain for Steve and WW given those two generally at least have one foot in that world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I can imagine Holliday College being the center of fictional Georgetown, based on Washington, DC's historic college district and neighboring DC, in the DCU.

Diana, Mala, Etta and Ferdinand could live on campus, at Lamda House, with an arsenal in the basement and a perch for the I-Jet on the roof. Steve, Ching, Donna and Perez Hercules could visit, occasionally sleepover, but do NOT live there. Holliday and surrounding Georgetown could serve as the launching point for Diana's roving adventures!

Why Holliday College in a fictional city?

In addition to Holliday and Diana's residence, the fictional city also needs to feature an iconic HQ for ARGUS, over-militarized streets (giant, hi-tech tanks, bombers, cannons, etc), oversized statues, all over, ..and travellers from strange worlds, dimensions and civilizations. I think the ARGUS HQ should be HUGE...a domed citadel on its own MALL...with a giant eye panning the sky and surrounding land! Basing Diana in Boston, DC or another real-world locale limits what we can imagine being or happening there.

I think ARGUS central HQ should be in Diana's city. This is something that makes Steve Trevor a universal player, recognized throughout the DCU. Any consideration of ARGUS, anywhere and in any comic, should point back to Wonder Woman, her iconic residence ..and the Wonder brand, generally.

Mizuno, Scott and I have been talking about this forever, and the one thing we agree on is that Diana's city should be the X-Files capital of the DCU, ..literally a gateway and way station for the weirdest beings out there. That would be illustrated by the characters we might see Diana interacting with, at Lamda House: Amazons, ghosts, aliens, mythical gods, Mister Genie, Queen Desira, etc.

Lambda House at Holliday College could be Diana's Daily Planet, ..that central place in the Wonderverse that sums up what the WW comic is about. Weirdness on PARADE, friendship, freedom, fun and adventure!

Especially, friendship...more than any other comic, I think.
    All of this... I’m so bored with Diana’s world being so limited when there are so many interesting concepts and characters in her history to capitalize on.

My take on her city and its design and its features and points of interest and inhabitants and industry and topography lends itself to exploring a lot of her history. Couple that with Themyscira and some of Diana’s broader connections to the DCU and she can really start to be the character she’s always meant to be in the DCU.

More I think about it. I want Jumpa to be part of the DC pets. If Clark and Bruce can have their animal friends why not Jumpa. One thing is anyone against having the Holliday girls be trained by Diana? That they do know about the magical creatures and people and they want to help but never knew how. Okay so this is how I see it.

Diana is 18 years old and goes to Holliday College as a student. She is taught the ways of the man's world by her new friends. She learns about the magical city Gateway is. I do think maybe a few of her teachers should be the villains. I had an idea that Circe lives in Gateway. She simple is more of a person who feels like causing trouble. However, she does hold a grudge with Hippolyta

With Steve, he is in the army because he wanted to help. Due to Diana, he thought maybe the military needed a magical division. There is one question should Steve have any magical training himself? by that Diana teaches him all about the mythical creatures. This leads me to wonder. How wide should Diana's knowledge be? I mean yea the Amazons are worshipping Greek gods but I do think they should be good on other beings.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-24-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Hey, should the lasso be brought back to its original power?

yes it's much more powerful and interesting.

She could (and has) defeat a Kryptonian in a few seconds with that thing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    yes it's much more powerful and interesting.

She could (and has) defeat a Kryptonian in a few seconds with that thing.
    When she threw it in a circle in the trailer and the guy flew back was that a comic accurate ability?? Beautiful shot

In a sense, one thing I kind of was thinking about with the lasso is that Diana limited its power. That it would only tell the truth. Another thing I was thinking about that the lasso slightly changes. For example, of Cheetah got it i will got with what she defines has truth/

Amazing Member

If you mean 'the person caught in the lasso will unconditionally obey the person holding the lasso' - I wouldn't like this. It smacks of mind-wiping, which the Justice League once tried with devastating effect. It's also a cheap way out of any conflict situation. And in the Marston comics, Diana sometimes lost the lasso and was then at the mercy of some villain who had her tied up. I feel it was a good thing that the lasso was reduced to 'only' producing the truth in the Perez reboot, and ever since.

For example, of Cheetah got it i will got with what she defines has truth/
    If you mean that (some) truth is subjective - I agree. If you'd ask Lex Luthor (using the lasso) if Superman is a threat to the world, he'd say yes, because he's convinced that this is so. He doesn't lie to himself when he thinks so. If you'd ask the Joker anything, using the lasso... that would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by hgzip View Post
    If you mean that (some) truth is subjective - I agree. If you'd ask Lex Luthor (using the lasso) if Superman is a threat to the world, he'd say yes, because he's convinced that this is so. He doesn't lie to himself when he thinks so. If you'd ask the Joker anything, using the lasso... that would be interesting
    Or, the boss gives their lackeys a briefing on the plan.... except these lackeys aren't actually going to be DOING any of what he told them was gonna happen. Then when WW interrogates one of them the only info they can give her is what their boss told them... which was a pack of lies. But they don't know any of it is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by hgzip View Post
    If you mean 'the person caught in the lasso will unconditionally obey the person holding the lasso' - I wouldn't like this. It smacks of mind-wiping, which the Justice League once tried with devastating effect. It's also a cheap way out of any conflict situation. And in the Marston comics, Diana sometimes lost the lasso and was then at the mercy of some villain who had her tied up. I feel it was a good thing that the lasso was reduced to 'only' producing the truth in the Perez reboot, and ever since.
    The lasso didn't have the power to alter peoples minds and personalities like the JL mind wipe. The most Diana would use it for was to peacefully stop fights with little violence and then remove the lasso from them when the situation was contained. She herself would never abuse it, especially with her more modern characterizations.

I'm curious if we are to have Diana have her own Fortress of Solitude or Batcave. What should happen with Wonder Dome? Or should she be able to access Paradise Island?

I'm curious if we are to have Diana have her own Fortress of Solitude or Batcave.
    The Hall of Justice.

What should happen with Wonder Dome?
    Forgotten.

Or should she be able to access Paradise Island?
    Only in dreams.

If they re-introduced the Lasso's control powers, I think they should establish that there is some mastery involved in order to do that. Diana can control a person with the Lasso because she's trained with it and mastered it. If some rando manages to get the Lasso, yeah, they can get the truth, but they shouldn't know how to harness its full power.

Maybe also suggest it requires a degree of focus and concentration so it doesn't become a story-breaking power.