Page 152 of 440 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 6590

Priscilla Rich was the superior Cheetah, particularly Alex Ross' glorious reimagining. I'd discard Barbara and Cale to bring her back instead.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Priscilla Rich was the superior Cheetah, particularly Alex Ross' glorious reimagining. I'd discard Barbara and Cale to bring her back instead.
    I love Minerva and Cale too much at this point to lose them, but I agree Priscilla (especially the Ross version) is awesome as well. And is why I wish we'd get more regular use out of the Multiverse, because then we could see her on Earth-2. Cross dimensional team up between the Cheetahs!

Also, if the Earth One series wraps up without Priscilla and we only get Max Lord, I will be so pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Man made weapons shouldn't harm her imo. Bullets or knives shouldn't really do anything and should just break on skin contact. Magical weapons should harm/cut/potentially kill her. Like cheetah's claws or a demon sword or a powerful cosmic alien blade or anything that was clearly not made by man kind. You can keep the piercing weakness just make it believe able for a godlike being. Diana is tough, like taking a star to the face kind of tough, but that durability isn't going to save you from a magic axe or whatever cutting weapon that is magically forged to by pass invulnerability.

Asking how much damage a stab or cut is going to do to Diana, to me feels like, asking what her pain tolerance is. Knowing she can be cut by Cheetah or a magic sword; How much pain is going through her body? can she still fight after the cut? how many cuts can she take before she goes down? How fast does she heal from the cut? I think a cut from Cheetah to Diana would feel like a cut from a sword to a mortal human. Diana just has such a high pain threshold or so much adrenaline going through her or both that she keeps fighting. The pain, after 3000+ years of sparing, training, and actual fighting has damped Diana's nervous system to the point that she doesn't feel that much physical pain from a stab wound. Her healing factor may work so fast that she just doesn't notice surface level cuts when they happen and are healed near instantly.

I actually think that magic poisons would be another great weakness for Diana. Dr. Poison is staring to see some more light, maybe she would incorporate deadly poisonous mythical monsters to help concoct something to use against Diana.
    Agreed. I do feel like maybe Cheetah's claws since they are magically it should take a bit longer to heal. Now with Superman, it would be interesting. Diana is a little more immune to magic. So him being poisoned.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-08-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey where is Diana on the best Dc fighters list? I mean without her powers is there a way to determine where she is at? Can she beat Shiva
    No, she absolutely cannot. The only people at DC who can beat Shiva are Cassandra Cain, possibly Richard Dragon (used to be more conclusive, but I feel he's fallen off and her star has risen since) and Karate Kid if he travels back through time. That's it. Maybe, hard maybe, Black Canary, who is a better hand-to-hand combatant than Diana.

Wonder Woman one of DC's most proficient weapon masters, up there with the Hawks who have a similar length of experience with traditional arms, but Diana is a much better hand-to-hand combatant than them. She's probably somewhere in the bottom half of the top 15?

Her real potency comes from the marriage of her immense skill and power, which when combined make her one of the premier threats on the side of the angels that the DCU has.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No, she absolutely cannot. The only people at DC who can beat Shiva are Cassandra Cain, possibly Richard Dragon (used to be more conclusive, but I feel he's fallen off and her star has risen since) and Karate Kid if he travels back through time. That's it. Maybe, hard maybe, Black Canary, who is a better hand-to-hand combatant than Diana.

Wonder Woman one of DC's most proficient weapon masters, up there with the Hawks who have a similar length of experience with traditional arms, but Diana is a much better hand-to-hand combatant than them. She's probably somewhere in the bottom half of the top 15?

Her real potency comes from the marriage of her immense skill and power, which when combined make her one of the premier threats on the side of the angels that the DCU has.
    Hmmm change the order of combat to a duel with sword and shield as weapons, then who wins?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Man made weapons shouldn't harm her imo. Bullets or knives shouldn't really do anything and should just break on skin contact. Magical weapons should harm/cut/potentially kill her. Like cheetah's claws or a demon sword or a powerful cosmic alien blade or anything that was clearly not made by man kind. You can keep the piercing weakness just make it believe able for a godlike being. Diana is tough, like taking a star to the face kind of tough, but that durability isn't going to save you from a magic axe or whatever cutting weapon that is magically forged to by pass invulnerability.

I disagree. Deflecting Bullets with her Bracelets is part of her iconography, and I've yet to see anyone provide a good enough reason for her to do it while being Bulletproof. The best that anyone can come up with is "So she can control the ricochets" and that's something that's not mutually exclusive with being vulnerable to bullets.

Frankly, the obsession with Diana being bullet proof has always felt like Wonder Woman fans being insecure about her not measuring up to Superman.

That said, I've never loved the "She's vulnerable to piercing things" explanation, so I'd be fine with changing up why she's vulnerable to bullets, but I think she still should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That said, I've never loved the "She's vulnerable to piercing things" explanation, so I'd be fine with changing up why she's vulnerable to bullets, but I think she still should be.
    I like the idea of it being a "gift" from Ares. The patron godesses give her strengths, he gives her a weakness.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I disagree. Deflecting Bullets with her Bracelets is part of her iconography, and I've yet to see anyone provide a good enough reason for her to do it while being Bulletproof. The best that anyone can come up with is "So she can control the ricochets" and that's something that's not mutually exclusive with being vulnerable to bullets.

Frankly, the obsession with Diana being bullet proof has always felt like Wonder Woman fans being insecure about her not measuring up to Superman.

She can still block many other things with her bracelets. Her use of the bracelets is iconic for far more than just blocking bullets. She can be bulletproof and still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She can still block many other things with her bracelets. Her use of the bracelets is iconic for far more than just blocking bullets. She can be bulletproof and still use them.
    I like the idea that normal bullets don't work, but she's never quite sure if her enemies ARE using normal bullets. So she does it more as a precaution than out of necessity.

10 machine gunners open fire on Superman. 10 seconds later he still stands there.

10 machine gunners open fire on Flash. 10 seconds later the wall behind him is disintegrating.

10 machine gunners open fire on Wonder Woman. 1 second later all the machine guns are disabled by ricochets.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like the idea that normal bullets don't work, but she's never quite sure if her enemies ARE using normal bullets. So she does it more as a precaution than out of necessity.
    Also going to throw this out there: Diana being bullet-proof doesn't mean she's impervious to pain.

If I get shot in the head with a paintball...likely won't kill me or even break the skin. It'll still hurt. Still pretty disorienting.
    A man can wear a bullet-proof vest...doesn't make getting shot a good idea.

Diana deflecting attacks, even if they won't kill her or inflict significant damage, just seems like plain practicality.

The thing of it is super strength and durability should presumably go hand in hand. If Diana is supposed to be one of the strongest heroes around (and she is) it's kind of ludicrous and demeaning a mugger with a switchblade potentially poses as much physical threat to her as Doomsday or Darkseid.

Don't really think Diana being bulletproof takes anything away from the bracelets or it means she has to stop doing the "bullets and bracelets" blocking routine so I'm fine if she is impervious to them. That it's also really come up once in recent memory, IIRC, of her being vulnerable to bullets is also why I'm not particularly married to it.

Try. Unlike Superman even if she is bulletproof maybe some bullets cause her a little pain but not pierce her. Also, Diana has been raised in a Warrior culture she always is on guard. Yea makes no sense. She can easily be killed by a common criminal. The best way is this. She can be pierced but it doesn't mean she is dead. Her healing factor will make it hard. No one can kill her with just a shot to the heart. Not with normal bullets anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Also going to throw this out there: Diana being bullet-proof doesn't mean she's impervious to pain.

If I get shot in the head with a paintball...likely won't kill me or even break the skin. It'll still hurt. Still pretty disorienting.
    A man can wear a bullet-proof vest...doesn't make getting shot a good idea.

Diana deflecting attacks, even if they won't kill her or inflict significant damage, just seems like plain practicality.
    The entire point of making her Bullet proof is so she doesn't look weaker than Superman. Having Bullets cause her pain takes that away and leaves the worst of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    The thing of it is super strength and durability should presumably go hand in hand. If Diana is supposed to be one of the strongest heroes around (and she is) it's kind of ludicrous and demeaning a mugger with a switchblade potentially poses as much physical threat to her as Doomsday or Darkseid.
    1. Being vulnerable to bullets doesn't mean that common muggers are any kind of thread to her. I could name a half dozen Superheroes in DC who can be killed with bullets yet still routinely fight them with no issues.

2. I agree that someone as strong as Diana should be tough enough that a conventional bullet shouldn't hurt. That why I favor a magical explanation for why Bullets specifically can get around her defenses

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Try. Unlike Superman even if she is bulletproof maybe some bullets cause her a little pain but not pierce her. Also, Diana has been raised in a Warrior culture she always is on guard. Yea makes no sense. She can easily be killed by a common criminal. The best way is this. She can be pierced but it doesn't mean she is dead. Her healing factor will make it hard. No one can kill her with just a shot to the heart. Not with normal bullets anyway.
    1. I hate the conception of the Amazons as a Warrior Culture anyway, so I don't really care about that explanation.

2. Having a vulnerability has never meant that said vulnerability will be successfully used to kill the hero. You'll noitce that in the main continuity, Kryptonite never manages to kill Superman.