Page 153 of 440 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 6586

I mean we can go with Marston's and it's a type of game the Amazons play.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Also going to throw this out there: Diana being bullet-proof doesn't mean she's impervious to pain.

If I get shot in the head with a paintball...likely won't kill me or even break the skin. It'll still hurt. Still pretty disorienting.
    A man can wear a bullet-proof vest...doesn't make getting shot a good idea.

Diana deflecting attacks, even if they won't kill her or inflict significant damage, just seems like plain practicality.
    I've said this before. I don't think bullets causing Wonder Woman pain or irritation is too problematic. Diana is not Superman, she isn't just going to tank blows if she doesn't have to. Athena represented the disciplined, strategic side of war rather than the brute force of Ares. Why wouldn't Wonder Woman adopt more tactical strategies in dealing with fights and weapons rather than just taking the hits (whether it could kill her or not)?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Agreed. I do feel like maybe Cheetah's claws since they are magically it should take a bit longer to heal. Now with Superman, it would be interesting. Diana is a little more immune to magic. So him being poisoned.
    Oh, yea. Cheetah is the avatar of a powerful god. Thanks to Ares, we know that wounds created by Gods don't heal naturally. Cheetah probably won't have the full god effect but yea, it would be longer time. Diana is immune to all mortal diseases and poisons, Nu52 Diana was completely immune to the amazo virus, that's why magic poisons should really effect her.

Magic poisons would be really bad for Superman. The guy doesn't have an built up immunity to magic the way Diana does.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Priscilla Rich was the superior Cheetah, particularly Alex Ross' glorious reimagining. I'd discard Barbara and Cale to bring her back instead.
    The original version is definitely better.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I disagree. Deflecting Bullets with her Bracelets is part of her iconography, and I've yet to see anyone provide a good enough reason for her to do it while being Bulletproof. The best that anyone can come up with is "So she can control the ricochets" and that's something that's not mutually exclusive with being vulnerable to bullets.

Frankly, the obsession with Diana being bullet proof has always felt like Wonder Woman fans being insecure about her not measuring up to Superman.

That said, I've never loved the "She's vulnerable to piercing things" explanation, so I'd be fine with changing up why she's vulnerable to bullets, but I think she still should be.
    I don't think making her immune to man made weapons would take away from that iconography. The bracelets are still useful to block heat vision, magic blasts, demon lightning, omega beams, punches, kicks, etc... She is still doing what she always has.

I'm coming from a place of wanting less stupid moments for Diana; like a villain who would normally be a walk in the park for her being able to "stand up" because he has a gun or sword and the writer needs to build tension or having a bullet ricochet off something and "killing" her because she wasn't "paying attention".

In the DC universe the New Gods can walk through a hail of bullets, have a knife shatter against their body, and have tank shells bounce right off of them. Yet they are still cut and stabbed by their own weaponry. No man made weapon can harm a Greek God, yet Ares was stabbed by a blade he himself blessed. All I'm suggesting is that that rule be applied to Diana.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member

We know about Diana, Hippolyta and Artemis.

But are/should Donna and Cassie be bi/pansexual too?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Priscilla Rich was the superior Cheetah, particularly Alex Ross' glorious reimagining. I'd discard Barbara and Cale to bring her back instead.
    That stitched together cheetah skin costume is the best modernization of the classic golden age costume. There's something very "feral" about wearing the skin of another animal. I do think Pricillia being a woman who is genuinely mentally ill really puts Diana in a hard place.

I have been wondering. I'm the only one who thanks the plant god thing is a little weird for Cheetah? I mean we had a cheetah god already in Egyptian Myths. Something that would make sense the Goddess of Justice. We did see this in Wonder Woman 77. Also, should Cheetah be able to control her transformation? I feel maybe she needs the blood or eat the body of a god.

I have been wondering. I'm the only one who thanks the plant god thing is a little weird for Cheetah? I mean we had a cheetah god already in Egyptian Myths. Something that would make sense the Goddess of Justice. We did see this in Wonder Woman 77. Also, should Cheetah be able to control her transformation? I feel maybe she needs the blood or eat the body of a god.
    I'd be fine ditching the plant god for some relation to a figure Mafdet or Sekhmet, better parallels Diana's relationship with her patron goddesses.

In terms of control, I guess she theoretically could but using the Cheetah powers would be analogous to using some addictive substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd be fine ditching the plant god for some relation to a figure Mafdet or Sekhmet, better parallels Diana's relationship with her patron goddesses.

In terms of control, I guess she theoretically could but using the Cheetah powers would be analogous to using some addictive substance.
    Maybe make it so tasting Diana's blood is like a narcotic to her?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe make it so tasting Diana's blood is like a narcotic to her?
    Or how about any magical god power? One thing I often wonder since Cheetah is an African cat and Egyptian culture loved cats. Should Cheetah own cats or at least Cheetahs? Should she have other powers? I was thinking that if she kills a God she absorbs their powers.

Or how about any magical god power? One thing I often wonder since Cheetah is an African cat and Egyptian culture loved cats. Should Cheetah own cats or at least Cheetahs? Should she have other powers? I was thinking that if she kills a God she absorbs their powers.
    Tehre was a comic where Barbara had a pair of magically strong cheetahs as minions

Yea. Wonder Woman 77 had that. I think in New 52 Cheetah could bite people and make them into werecheetahs.

The entire point of making her Bullet proof is so she doesn't look weaker than Superman. Having Bullets cause her pain takes that away and leaves the worst of both worlds

1. Being vulnerable to bullets doesn't mean that common muggers are any kind of thread to her. I could name a half dozen Superheroes in DC who can be killed with bullets yet still routinely fight them with no issues.

2. I agree that someone as strong as Diana should be tough enough that a conventional bullet shouldn't hurt. That why I favor a magical explanation for why Bullets specifically can get around her defenses

1. I hate the conception of the Amazons as a Warrior Culture anyway, so I don't really care about that explanation.

2. Having a vulnerability has never meant that said vulnerability will be successfully used to kill the hero. You'll noitce that in the main continuity, Kryptonite never manages to kill Superman.
    A vulnerability that is inconsistent with the rest of her powers should not exist.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The entire point of making her Bullet proof is so she doesn't look weaker than Superman. Having Bullets cause her pain takes that away and leaves the worst of both worlds

1. Being vulnerable to bullets doesn't mean that common muggers are any kind of thread to her. I could name a half dozen Superheroes in DC who can be killed with bullets yet still routinely fight them with no issues.

2. I agree that someone as strong as Diana should be tough enough that a conventional bullet shouldn't hurt. That why I favor a magical explanation for why Bullets specifically can get around her defenses

1. I hate the conception of the Amazons as a Warrior Culture anyway, so I don't really care about that explanation.

2. Having a vulnerability has never meant that said vulnerability will be successfully used to kill the hero. You'll noitce that in the main continuity, Kryptonite never manages to kill Superman.
    A vulnerable point that is inconsistent with the rest of her powers doesn't work. And Rebirth is the best example of that. How many times she has been shot in Rebirth alone? Plenty of times. And she almost died in one of those. And in every single one of those cases where she got shot, the rest of her powers suffered. Because for example. We used to see Diana being able to deal with speeding bullets easily even while being blind. Yet in Rebirth. Every single time she got shot, or a villain(and not even villains with her level of strength and speed) pull out a gun against her, she seems to lose her speed all of a sudden and her fighting skills. How the hell can you explain the way Ruka had her getting shot in his rebirth run, or in priest jl? The same woman that is said to have the speed of a God. Who used to dance around speeding bullets like nothing, all of a sudden she got shot, she couldn't react fast enough against mere humans shooting at her in ruka rebirth run. And she couldn't react to a bullet that bounced off superman's chest in jl writen by priest and almost died. Things like this do not put her in a good position. It's not a complain about her not being superman equal. It's about the fact that when things like that happen, they make her look like a street leveler. Diana's bracelets won't stop being iconic if she becomes bulletproof. She can still use them(which she rarely does these days even though she isn't bulletproof).
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 06-11-2020 at 08:17 PM.