Page 156 of 440 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 6592

Let's take this down a notch, folks.

Stick to the topic and don't criticize the poster.

And WW is labeled as a family friendly forum as per the post stickied at the top of the board, so watch your language please (which includes abbreviations and filling in letter with random characters or asterixes.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

The weakness is far more creative than being invulnerable. Lots of flying bricks are invulnerable. The fact she all but is, except for something so common, that she has an iconic defense for, making it very difficult to exploit, makes her so unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The weakness is far more creative than being invulnerable. Lots of flying bricks are invulnerable. The fact she all but is, except for something so common, that she has an iconic defense for, making it very difficult to exploit, makes her so unique.
    I don't see it. It doesn't make any sense from any point of view to me. Any situation with a bullet that Diana encounters could just as easily be replaced with something actually threating to her and, if anything, make the situation more suspenseful.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Okay. For one if we need for her to be invulnerable to pierce ideas we need to establish some guidelines. We have seen Dc doesn't care for Diana. She clearly has died from bullets to easily. We have to establish why to pierce weapons. How it works. Can she die Quickly or at unlike normal human can take the shots but not for long. Diana should be able to take the shots and not be able to die right away. That's the issue there aren't any guidelines. She can take magically blast but not a shot to the neck. There needs to be a good reason for her. For example, Ares. Just like Athena is the good side war, Ares is the dark side. Ares can have easily cursed Diana. And so the blessings from the gods are to help. But right now with her certain origins her finding one of Ares things still works. There just needs to be a clear reason why to pierce ideas. Batman and Aquaman are bulletproof. With Batman it's a suit but still. It's not just bullets just weak to but swords and spares. Yet Diana has been able to survive her arm cut off. Able to survive a bomb and being on fire. Due to this, there has to compromise on the bullets to match the things she has stuffed. Her healings abilities have been shown to be great and quick. All things have rules somewhat especially in the world of wonder woman.

If we have to have the bullets than we have to explain they don't affect her right away. I mean Superman has gotten powers added to him. Diana needs some give away. Ares can easily be the factor for certain things with that weakness. That way she can be a way to bullets and other piercing weapons. Ares. I think this is the best way to explain it. Due to the war with Ares. They locked Ares away but not before Ares says if any Amazon steps foot on the outside world she will be harmed like her own kind has been harmed. However, I still think it shouldn't have quickly as Ares wants. That a shot to the neck wouldn't have Diana down so easily. She isn't going to be quick in movement but still fights. I mean she almost died. So I would say it should take more than way shot to kill her. Even if it's in the heart or head. It should cause her pain and other things but not, in the same way, as humans. The more shots the more pain and damage. It should also vary depending on the gun. Like a regular gun will damage her but not on the same level.

How does this sound one-shots will wound her but not kill her or will have her down and out? She can survive these but will still be in pain. Due to her healing factor, Ares's curse will not have has much potency. In the head or in the neck will not be an easy takedown. One shot will not be the same damage. Amazons are superhumans. So they should be able to take more damage than us. So I will apply that to Diana. One shots or even two shots damage and harm her. She can still fight.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-13-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Her weakness is not difficult to exploit anymore. Because she has been shot multiple times in rebirth alone. And every single time that it happened, there was no explanation other than her not being fast enough to react in time. Her Godly speed is gone in an instant the moment a writer decides she/he wants her to get shot. Then you had many other instances where she was faced with a gun by a villain at blank point range, and had to be saved from getting shot. Once again you can see how her other powers are writen in a lower level so villains(most of the time with no powrers at all) can have a moment where they pose a threat to her just for having a gun. That is the defination of bad writing, and it has been happening far too often in rebirth. Her weakness adds nothing positivite to the quality of the stories. And it doesn't even have a proper explanation as to why she has that weakness.

Things here would be a lot nicer if we focused to celebrate on the stories that we find great, rather than obsessing about the stories we find poor.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Fantastic Member

Aquaman, Shazam and the Martian Manhunter are all Bullet proof!! WW is said to be on par with them! But she can be hurt or killed by a bullet!! It make WW look like a minor league hero if a common criminal can kill her or hurt WW with a bullet or a knife!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-13-2020 at 07:05 AM.

AmiMizuno:

I already gave a solid weakness and explanation for it.

Diana is an amazon in name and culture only. You can't give her the same vulnerabilities as her sister amazons because she doesn't have the same powers as her sisters. Diana is, as far as we know, the demigod child of Hippolyta and Zeus and possesses the gifts bestowed by more than half the Greek pantheon. Those blessings are probably the same ones that she received in post crisis, since they were never explained fully in rebirth. Now if I could, I'd remove the Zeus dad part. But, that still means she has the blessings from the Olympians. Amazons are super human, basically like female Captain Americas. Diana is like Thor in comparison.

mystical41:

I agree. I struggle to see how a being that dances around light and keeps pace with flash, suddenly fails to stop a bullet aimed at her or anyone around her.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    you can come up with the same explanation a thousand times, it will NEVER change the fact that a bullet should do absolutely nothing to a being as powerful as Diana.
    Yeah this is DC comics.... where on one occasion BATGIRL managed to shrug off a lightning bolt from Livewire because her suit was "insulated".

If Batman gets shot in the back by a rando then he'll be like "lol, loser I haz Bat-armor!" then beat the thug to a pulp.

Having someone like WW treat guns as more of a threat than people who don't have powers? that doesn't make sense.

AmiMizuno:

I already gave a solid weakness and explanation for it.

Diana is an amazon in name and culture only. You can't give her the same vulnerabilities as her sister amazons because she doesn't have the same powers as her sisters. Diana is, as far as we know, the demigod child of Hippolyta and Zeus and possesses the gifts bestowed by more than half the Greek pantheon. Those blessings are probably the same ones that she received in post crisis, since they were never explained fully in rebirth. Now if I could, I'd remove the Zeus dad part. But, that still means she has the blessings from the Olympians. Amazons are super human, basically like female Captain Americas. Diana is like Thor in comparison.

mystical41:

I agree. I struggle to see how a being that dances around light and keeps pace with flash, suddenly fails to stop a bullet aimed at her or anyone around her.
    No I agree with you. I think she would be bulletproof. She has too many feats to not be bulletproof. She can survive a bomb but not bullets. Her arm cut off but not survive bullets. There is one question to be answered. How tough should the amazons be? I mean it's never clear. Like they should be able to kill by bullets but should it be quick like a human? Should it take a bit longer?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No I agree with you. I think she would be bulletproof. She has too many feats to not be bulletproof. She can survive a bomb but not bullets. Her arm cut off but not survive bullets. There is one question to be answered. How tough should the amazons be? I mean it's never clear. Like they should be able to kill by bullets but should it be quick like a human? Should it take a bit longer?
    I would treat them like super soldiers. Like if they get shot in the head or heart, that's an instant kill. Anywhere else and its going to take longer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    No I agree with you. I think she would be bulletproof. She has too many feats to not be bulletproof.
    This is irrelevant because the proposal is to make it a magical weakness.

I don't see it. It doesn't make any sense from any point of view to me. Any situation with a bullet that Diana encounters could just as easily be replaced with something actually threating to her and, if anything, make the situation more suspenseful.
    Bullets are actually threatening to her. I don't understand how many times she has to be shot before that fact is acknowledged?

A gun was pointed at her twice in the issue before the most recent one and it wassuspenseful. If she were truly invulnerable it wouldn't have been suspenseful at all. We've seen her shot multiple times on various occasions yet people still refuse to accept it. That's not the fault of writers or artists but readers.

WW SHOT 2.jpg

WW SHOT REBIRTH 2.jpg

WW SHOT JL 2.jpg

A gun was pointed at her twice in the issue before the most recent one and it wassuspenseful. If she were truly invulnerable it wouldn't have been suspenseful at all. We've seen her shot multiple times on various occasions yet people still refuse to accept it. That's not the fault of writers or artists but readers.

WW SHOT 2.jpg

WW SHOT REBIRTH 2.jpg

WW SHOT JL 2.jpg
    Yea but we have to be honest. She can survive so many worst things but not a bullet? Should she die? I say no. A bullet can harm her but not kill her right away. The more bullets the more damage it causes. No instance kills but it can leave her dizzy and slow. The neck or head should cause her to have trouble breathing but not kill her. She should be able to stand for longer than a normal human. I mean we should slightly update how bullets affect her. I have no issue if bullets are her weakness but they shouldn't make her go down quickly. The issue of not being fast enough is this. There been the fact she does have super hearing and the fact she has done move even she was was super busy. So this si just questionable.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-13-2020 at 10:43 AM.