Page 158 of 440 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Who's fault is that? It sounds like you want Marvel's Hercules or maybe Supergirl (neither of whom are more popular than Diana of Themyscira, Ambassador to Patriarch's World and Amazon Champion). This is Wonder Woman, she's different.

That's one of the many problems with the Daddy Zeus origin, she was fine as she was, godlike but not a goddess, operating outside the Olympians yet their better. Making her one of them as a lesser demigoddess is similar to turning Wonder Woman into a lesser Kryptonian by making her "invulnerable". It's a distinction she doesn't need.

She's already awesome.
    No, I love pre daddy Zeus Diana. If I wanted a Herc clone I'd read Nu52 WW. Diana was way more powerful back then than she is now. You want proof? read any current continuity story right now and just compare what she does now to before. Diana was blessed by 8 gods before Nu52 steamrolled right over all the patron Goddesses and made Zeus responsible for everything. If anything Diana as a Demigod is 100s of times weaker than when she was an amazon that received blessings.

Don't put this on a bad origin. This was a dumb weakness before and its only made worse now. And here we go with the superman comparison. Making her bulletproof doesn't suddenly diminish her as a character. It doesn't turn her into a copy of Superman in any way.

Tell me, actually, give me some solid reasons why you think having someone like this be vulnerable to man made bullets. If you Deva pulling out a regular pistol and shooting Diana's stomach was shocking and not something out of a Rick and Morty comedy sketch, please tell me why.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Devastation shot her waaaaaay before Rebirth, it was one of the reasons Devastation was so powerful. Despite her numerous abilities similar to Wonder Woman she pulled out a gun and fired just to show how much faster she was. There were extenuating circumstances each time she's been shot. Human gunmen don't have Devastation's speed blessing from the Titan Harrier "faster if for the kill". Team Poison distracted her by firing at her in one direction and having a lone sniper hit her from another angle. Wonder Woman's super speed and senses weren't a factor. In Justice League the bullet was a ricochet, again while she was distracted.

Superman and other Kryptonians are harmed by kryptonite, magic and red sunlight. They evolved in the other direction and actually have more vulnerabilities over time.
    Yes, they evolve and Diana hasn't. Superman's weakness can be counted on one hand and every single one has in one way or another made sense for his origin.

What would make sense for a magic clay formed amazon that was gifted with godlike power from the Gods and Goddesses of the Greek pantheon to have as a weakness? Well, she possesses power greater than that of any demigod I know of but, she isn't really on par with the head Gods either. Since she is considered one of them it would make sense that their weapons can harm her. I would imagine that the deadly poisonous monster could also harm her, see as not even other demigods or heroes were immune. Clearly anything outside the boundaries of man kind should harm her; alien tech, new god technology, etc... Obviously cosmic entities more powerful than her can harm her, other Gods.

But, man made weapons? why would man made weapons have any effect on her what so ever?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Devastation shot her waaaaaay before Rebirth, it was one of the reasons Devastation was so powerful. Despite her numerous abilities similar to Wonder Woman she pulled out a gun and fired just to show how much faster she was. There were extenuating circumstances each time she's been shot. Human gunmen don't have Devastation's speed blessing from the Titan Harrier "faster if for the kill". Team Poison distracted her by firing at her in one direction and having a lone sniper hit her from another angle. Wonder Woman's super speed and senses weren't a factor. In Justice League the bullet was a ricochet, again while she was distracted.

Superman and other Kryptonians are harmed by kryptonite, magic and red sunlight. They evolved in the other direction and actually have more vulnerabilities over time.
    Devastation has super speed. There are no good explanation in the rebirth instances. Being distracted is not a good explanation. WW has reacted at speeds way faster than speeding bullets. She blocked bullets while being blind, could tag Flash while being blind thanks to her ability to sense the changes in the air. With her level of skills and super speed. Getting shot like it happened in rebirth ruka and jl priest shouldn't happen. And where was her healing factor in jl? She would have died if they didn't save her. Her powers literally disappear everytime somebody pulls out a gun against her.

Characters have evolved. Diana hasn't and that hasn't made her stories better. Because writers these days literally turn her into a street leveler taking away her powers everytime they want her to get shot.

Wonder Woman's Powers are as followed....

-godlike strength
    -godlike speed
    -godlike durability
    -godlike reflexes
    -godlike senses
    -super breath
    -access to magic (via Hecate)
    -access to Zeus lightning
    -access to Athena's wisdom and knowledge
    -blessings of animal communication and unity
    and a slew of other minor abilities

This is a woman who has took a star explosion to the face. Survived an onslaught from Ares while he was nigh omnipotent. Took Zeus's lighting at his angriest. Survived thousands of CUTS and STAB wounds from Cheetah. And has nukes just bounce right off of her.

Edit: she is fast enough to block bullets blind folded, tag and best Zoom while blind, consistently tags Superman and the flash. Lightning, its child's play. Light it self, please, keep up. Omega beams that move so fast that it made flash tired, blocked. Heck her mom can lasso a photon particle and Diana is thousands of times faster.

What's her (apparently only) weakness? Bullets. That is stupid.

You want evolution? Try letting Diana evolve past the bullet weakness and give her something that worthy of harming her.

I love this character, she is the only reason I read DC comics but, I'm not going to pretend that there isn't anything wrong with this power disconnect.
    Last edited by Perseus; 06-13-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Here is the thing. DC doesn't know what to give. I was always interested in giving her back the bracelets if they are broken or taken off. Guys, don't you think a compromise can be made? Rucka gave us that they shot her in the head but she was fine

Whether she is bulletproof or not won't' matter if none of her stories are good. So right now look at how DC treats her. Still can't treat her right. Rucka could have stayed on longer but no DC didn't. Out of the three Diana doesn't get the light a lot
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-13-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Devastation has super speed. There are no good explanation in the rebirth instances. Being distracted is not a good explanation. WW has reacted at speeds way faster than speeding bullets. She blocked bullets while being blind, could tag Flash while being blind thanks to her ability to sense the changes in the air. With her level of skills and super speed. Getting shot like it happened in rebirth ruka and jl priest shouldn't happen. And where was her healing factor in jl? She would have died if they didn't save her. Her powers literally disappear everytime somebody pulls out a gun against her.

Characters have evolved. Diana hasn't and that hasn't made her stories better. Because writers these days literally turn her into a street leveler taking away her powers everytime they want her to get shot.
    That's Rucka, you have to look at why he wanted her to get shot. He was establishing the parameters for her power set, like in the mall when she snuffed a bomb with her bare hands. You have to ask yourself why he doesn't want her invulnerable? This is the same writer who came up with the blind battle strategy with the air pressure and whatnot. Simply put it makes for a better story. I know you don't agree and I'm sorry.

They made her a card carrying Olympian which Rucka ignored. He doesn't like it because it doesn't improve on her stories, just as being bullet proof wouldn't. And yes she'd be invulnerable like Superman and any other Kryptonian, when she's already shown she can beat multiple Kryptonians while not being bullet proof so really what's the point?

Change for the sake of change because somebody doesn't understand something is how we got Daddy Zeus.

Let Diana be who she is, perceived flaws and all.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 06-13-2020 at 06:59 PM.

That's Rucka, you have to look at why he wanted her to get shot. He was establishing the parameters for her power set, like in the mall when she snuffed a bomb with her bare hands. You have to ask yourself why he doesn't want her invulnerable? This is the same writer who came up with the blind battle strategy with the air pressure and whatnot. Simply put it makes for a better story. I know you don't agree and I'm sorry.

They made her a card carrying Olympian which Rucka ignored. He doesn't like it because it doesn't improve on her stories, just as being bullet proof wouldn't. And yes she'd be invulnerable like Superman and any other Kryptonian, when she's already shown she can beat multiple Kryptonians while not being bullet proof so really what's the point?

Change for the sake of change because somebody doesn't understand something is how we got Daddy Zeus.

Kori how about this she can be weak to bullets but it's not going to kill her in the first shot. That the bullets can hurt and damage her. It can kill her but it should take slightly longer. That a head shot or a shot to the heart will harm her yes. Greatly but it will take more than more to kill.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So one bullet to any place shouldn't cause death.
    Stop pretending that this is an actual concern. Of course Diana's not gonna die from one bullet hitting her in a random place on her body. No one is proposing that.

She doesn't need that weakness to have good stories. A weakness that requires writers to ignore her skills and powers when they want to show said weakness is not a good idea. You are defending a weakness that literally takes away her superpowers when said weakness is shown. There was no real explanation as to why she could not react fast enough in ruka or priest run. They literally had to ignore her skills and speed to write those scans. In priest case, they also ignored her healing factor. That is bad writing. All I want is for an icon like Diana ti be treated with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Stop pretending that this is an actual concern. Of course Diana's not gonna effing die from one bullet hitting her in a random place on her body. No one is proposing that.
    She almost died when she was shot in priest jl. She was in the same danger as a human being. So much for being a powerhouse and having a healing factor. That's how well her weakness is handled. And by the way. It's not just bullets that can kill her. Based on what we have seen. Knives and swords could kill her too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She almost died when she was shot in priest jl. She was in the same danger as a human being. So much for being a powerhouse and having a healing factor. That's how well her weakness is handled. And by the way. It's not just bullets that can kill her. Based on what we have seen. Knives and swords could kill her too.
    Yeah, and if she didn't have a bvullet weakness, she would have nearly died from something else. Changing the weakness isn't going to improve the writer's skills.

Yeah, and if she didn't have a bvullet weakness, she would have nearly died from something else. Changing the weakness isn't going to improve the writer's skills.
    It would improve something. Because Writers would have to stop being lazy with the writing of her powers. If she was bulletproof. Writers wouldn't be able to literally ignore her super speed, skills and healing factor to have her get tagged by a bullet and die. They would actually need to use their imagination to find a resonable way to put somebody in her power class in real danger. A way that doesn't involve ignoring her established powers in order to show her getting tagged by something she should be able to react to in time even while sleeping. Something that she should also be able to heal from with her regeerating abilities.

Stop pretending that this is an actual concern. Of course Diana's not gonna die from one bullet hitting her in a random place on her body. No one is proposing that.
    All I’m saying is this if someone shot her in the head would that instantly kill her ? I would think one bullet shouldn’t kill her or two. Just get her off balance. Like one shot to the neck shouldn’t send her down. Should hurt like her but not out of the fight. That’s all I’m asking. Not only that but what about her healing factor ? How does that work with this curse

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    All I’m saying is this if someone shot her in the head would that instantly kill her ? I would think one bullet shouldn’t kill her or two. Just get her off balance. Like one shot to the neck shouldn’t send her down. Should hurt like her but not out of the fight. That’s all I’m asking. Not only that but what about her healing factor ? How does that work with this curse
    I figure she would be like any other person getting shot. People have survived getting shot in the head and the heart IRL, so Diana could live through it

Her healing factor would just cut down the recovery time so that instead of being laid up for months, she'd be laid up for a few hours.

I figure she would be like any other person getting shot. People have survived getting shot in the head and the heart IRL, so Diana could live through it

Her healing factor would just cut down the recovery time so that instead of being laid up for months, she'd be laid up for a few hours.
    Now. When it comes to bullets how much would they hit? I mean she is pretty tough. Where is her pain tolerance? Sorry, I'm asking these it's just with DC they never are consistent so I just would like to hear how your rules work.

For me, it's no better what the bullet will always come out. It will never be stuck in her. So the neck thing in JL would never happen. It will leave her injured but never like what we saw. How many bullets would it take to kill Diana? I would figure what the weapon is. Like a regular bullet would take longer than an assault weapon. However, she isn't a normal human so it should still take longer to kill her.