Page 159 of 440 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Now. When it comes to bullets how much would they hit? I mean she is pretty tough. Where is her pain tolerance? Sorry, I'm asking these it's just with DC they never are consistent so I just would like to hear how your rules work.

For me, it's no better what the bullet will always come out. It will never be stuck in her. So the neck thing in JL would never happen. It will leave her injured but never like what we saw. How many bullets would it take to kill Diana? I would figure what the weapon is. Like a regular bullet would take longer than an assault weapon. However, she isn't a normal human so it should still take longer to kill her.
    It would be enough that if she was struck, it's not something can can just ignore.

Vulnerabilities have to be enough of a threat to the hero that they create tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It would be enough that if she was struck, it's not something can can just ignore.

Vulnerabilities have to be enough of a threat to the hero that they create tension.
    I agree. Well, it would depend. People have been able to move despite being in pain due to adrenaline. In fact, some have been numbed due to adrenaline. So I feel it would be depending on the situation and how many times she was shot. Now, what do you mean something that can be ignored? I agree that it needs to create tension it's just due to the fact she is superhuman. I think certain things would affect her slightly differently than normal humans.

Now with the other piercing weapons are you saying they should break or that she is stabbed and it doesn't harm her? Also what about lasers? Sorry, it's just you have pretty good rules. It does not make her weak yet still balancing it.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-13-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I agree. Well, it would depend. People have been able to move despite being in pain due to adrenaline. In fact, some have been numbed due to adrenaline. So I feel it would be depending on the situation and how many times she was shot. Now, what do you mean something that can be ignored? I agree that it needs to create tension it's just due to the fact she is superhuman. I think certain things would affect her slightly differently than normal humans.

Now with the other piercing weapons are you saying they should break or that she is stabbed and it doesn't harm her? Also what about lasers? Sorry, it's just you have pretty good rules. It does not make her weak yet still balancing it.
    1. Basically if she gets hit, it needs to create some kind of consequence. For example, being struck in the arm could force her to fight one handed for the remainder of her current battle, or the pain could cause her to lose focus at a critical moment, that sort of thing.

2. She's not vulnerable due to physical laws, she's vulnerable due to magical laws. In my pitch, her weakness is specifically bullets, so things like Lasers or Swords would have no special advantages over her. The only way they could hurt her is if their strength surpassed her durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    A gun was pointed at her twice in the issue before the most recent one and it wassuspenseful. If she were truly invulnerable it wouldn't have been suspenseful at all. We've seen her shot multiple times on various occasions yet people still refuse to accept it. That's not the fault of writers or artists but readers.

Attachment 97542
    I would argue that Deva shooting a Kryptonian with a non-Kryptonite bullet would have a similar result.

1. Basically if she gets hit, it needs to create some kind of consequence. For example, being struck in the arm could force her to fight one handed for the remainder of her current battle, or the pain could cause her to lose focus at a critical moment, that sort of thing.

2. She's not vulnerable due to physical laws, she's vulnerable due to magical laws. In my pitch, her weakness is specifically bullets, so things like Lasers or Swords would have no special advantages over her. The only way they could hurt her is if their strength surpassed her durability.
    But since she has endurance. Wouldn’t she last before she succumbs to her injuries? Every human is different. The fight or flight reaction is important. Yea she is shot in the arm but I feel like wouldn’t she for a bit be able to use both arms for a bit it’s not matter of yea I can’t use my arm it’s a matter of when. She is causing more stress on herself. Which can lessen her reaction time. Yea you need to creat tension but Diana needs to be at least not be able to seem too human. By that I’m not saying shooting her in the arm shouldn’t cause pain or cause her to fight with one arm. Rather the way it takes affect.

There are some people who if they see others endangered will fight pass the pain. Isn’t that would Diana would do. Fight pass the pain. I’m not saying all the time but on many cases it’s something I can see depending on how many hits and what the situation is.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-14-2020 at 07:26 AM.

In my thinking about Diana and the Amazons, I try to keep it simple.

The Amazons in general are stronger and more hardy and can take more damage than an average human, whether it’s a projectile or being stabbed or whatever, but they aren’t bulletproof. I’d make them similar to Atlanteans, excluding the recent update that Atlanteans are bulletproof.

Diana, is an Amazon that’s particularly good at bullets and bracelets and it helps her win the Contest to become the Champion of the Amazons. After winning the Contest she’s bestowed gifts by the Olympian goddesses to increase her power, dexterity, resiliency, stamina, etc. exponentially.

She’s much more resilient against bullets, swords, arrows, etc. of the mundane type and heals more rapidly than the average Amazon.

Diana continues to do the bullets and bracelets thing because it does protect her and others from harm and because it’s part of her culture and she thinks it’s fun and likes the challenge.

And her deflections do quickly disband enemies by wounding them lightly.

Extraordinary Member

But since she has endurance. Wouldn’t she last before she succumbs to her injuries? Every human is different. The fight or flight reaction is important. Yea she is shot in the arm but I feel like wouldn’t she for a bit be able to use both arms for a bit it’s not matter of yea I can’t use my arm it’s a matter of when. She is causing more stress on herself. Which can lessen her reaction time. Yea you need to creat tension but Diana needs to be at least not be able to seem too human. By that I’m not saying shooting her in the arm shouldn’t cause pain or cause her to fight with one arm. Rather the way it takes affect.

There are some people who if they see others endangered will fight pass the pain. Isn’t that would Diana would do. Fight pass the pain. I’m not saying all the time but on many cases it’s something I can see depending on how many hits and what the situation is.
    Fighting past the pain would be possible in many cases
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Diana continues to do the bullets and bracelets thing because it does protect her and others from harm and because it’s part of her culture and she thinks it’s fun and likes the challenge.
    That kind of explanation has never really sat well with me, since if she's doing it for fun, she can't do it in serious situations, because it would mean she's being reckless
    And her deflections do quickly disband enemies by wounding them lightly.
    There's no such thing as a non-lethal gunshot wound (At least IRL) so I prefer to have Diana deflect bullets into other bullets to knock them out of the air, or to render the guns inoperable.

Fighting past the pain would be possible in many cases

That kind of explanation has never really sat well with me, since if she's doing it for fun, she can't do it in serious situations, because it would mean she's being reckless

There's no such thing as a non-lethal gunshot wound (At least IRL) so I prefer to have Diana deflect bullets into other bullets to knock them out of the air, or to render the guns inoperable.
    By that I mean not in areas that they are most likely to not to die. Now I don't want to put words in your mouth so this is what I'm hearing

Diana can survive to be shot in the head or heart. She can be taken back by guns if it's in the arms. She can be healed in many cases well with in a few seconds to a hour depending on what it is.

Okay I just want you to make things clears. How mant bullets would it take to kill Diana. I think we both agree it shouldn't be one or two bullets. I mean if it's a assualt weapon quicker but how quick? Does it take a whole round or maybe two?

Extraordinary Member

By that I mean not in areas that they are most likely to not to die. Now I don't want to put words in your mouth so this is what I'm hearing

Diana can survive to be shot in the head or heart. She can be taken back by guns if it's in the arms. She can be healed in many cases well with in a few seconds to a hour depending on what it is.

Okay I just want you to make things clears. How mant bullets would it take to kill Diana. I think we both agree it shouldn't be one or two bullets. I mean if it's a assualt weapon quicker but how quick? Does it take a whole round or maybe two?
    With Bullets, it's not about quanity, it's more about where they hit. Her surviving headshots and heartshots is, like IRL ,a matter of luck

I love these really bad explanations for a weakness that complete removes not one but, two of Diana's core powers. Really bending over backwards to have this one pointless thing.

Diana: No mere mortal can fight me, I have battled gods and monsters, I am stronger than Hercules and swifter than Hermes.

Carl: *pulls out a 12 gauge shot gun*

Diana: ….

Diana:

guess-lll-die.jpg
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I don’t see it as reckless, because she confident in her bullets and bracelets ability. Nothing bothers a villain more than when you’re confident in your abilities and don’t take them seriously.

In my thinking about Diana and the Amazons, I try to keep it simple.

The Amazons in general are stronger and more hardy and can take more damage than an average human, whether it’s a projectile or being stabbed or whatever, but they aren’t bulletproof. I’d make them similar to Atlanteans, excluding the recent update that Atlanteans are bulletproof.

Diana, is an Amazon that’s particularly good at bullets and bracelets and it helps her win the Contest to become the Champion of the Amazons. After winning the Contest she’s bestowed gifts by the Olympian goddesses to increase her power, dexterity, resiliency, stamina, etc. exponentially.

She’s much more resilient against bullets, swords, arrows, etc. of the mundane type and heals more rapidly than the average Amazon.

I would be inclined to go with the more "Aquaman" route and have bullets act more like an annoyance, like bees or something, if Aquman didn't just slowly become more and more bulletproof.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member

I don’t see it as reckless, because she confident in her bullets and bracelets ability. Nothing bothers a villain more than when you’re confident in your abilities and don’t take them seriously.
    And if anything bad ever happens because Diana couldn't reach someone in time, it would be Diana's fault because she wasted time showboating instead of getting things done in a quicker way.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    "vulnerabilities have to be enough of a threat to the hero that they create tension"

That's your words right? I just think that a bullet shouldn't hold any sort of physical threat to Diana. You know Diana isn't human right? She isn't even an amazon? I mean she is but, she has been blessed by LITERAL Gods and Goddesses. If you want to read a story where a bullet holds a physical threat, read any street level character... wait... some of them are bulletproof.
    Diana's not weak to bullets because of their physical force, she's weak to them because of magic. Balder wasn't weak to Mistletoe because mistletoe was stronger than all the weapons he'd ever had thrown at him. It's a similar principal.

With Bullets, it's not about quanity, it's more about where they hit. Her surviving headshots and heartshots is, like IRL ,a matter of luck
    But shouldn't it be about how many? Diana has survived more different types of blows to the head yet doesn't have brain damage. I'm not saying it shouldn't be hurt to the head. Just that it shouldn't just be luck but luck place the quantity. She is tough. So one shot okay she fine but 10 shots she ain't that good. I Like I said I do think it should harm and damage her but I do think it should be more than just luck that helps her survive. I mean Diana takes punches from superman which is far worst than bullets. I would say somewhat this should show no matter what at least one shot to the head isn't going to take her down easily. I feel no matter what nothing should bring her down easily on the first few shots.

By bringing her down. I mean she is harmed or took damage but she can work through the pain no matter where. The headshot will cause her to be slow but she can still somewhat fight but a large opening happens until she can focus. Which can take a few minutes.