Page 160 of 440 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And if anything bad ever happens because Diana couldn't reach someone in time, it would be Diana's fault because she wasted time showboating instead of getting things done in a quicker way.

Diana's not weak to bullets because of their physical force, she's weak to them because of magic. Balder wasn't weak to Mistletoe because mistletoe was stronger than all the weapons he'd ever had thrown at him. It's a similar principal.
    We aren't talking about Diana's mental or emotional health all of a sudden are we? We are talking about things/weapons that can hurt and potentially kill Diana. If magic can harm Diana is that not a thing that effects her physical person?

You are seriously choosing to ignore the MASSIVE elephant in the room. Diana's godlike powers are a thing that exist. Speed is one of them.

Seriously ask yourself... What would make sense for a magic clay formed amazon that was gifted with godlike power from the Gods and Goddesses of the Greek pantheon to have as a weakness? Well, she possesses power greater than that of any demigod I know of but, she isn't really on par with the head Gods either. Since she is considered one of them it would make sense that their weapons can harm her. I would imagine that the deadly poisonous monster could also harm her, see as not even other demigods or heroes were immune. Clearly anything outside the boundaries of man kind should harm her; alien tech, new god technology, etc... Obviously cosmic entities more powerful than her can harm her, other Gods.

But, man made weapons? why would man made weapons have any effect on her what so ever?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But shouldn't it be about how many? Diana has survived more different types of blows to the head yet doesn't have brain damage. I'm not saying it shouldn't be hurt to the head. Just that it shouldn't just be luck but luck place the quantity. She is tough. So one shot okay she fine but 10 shots she ain't that good. I Like I said I do think it should harm and damage her but I do think it should be more than just luck that helps her survive. I mean Diana takes punches from superman which is far worst than bullets. I would say somewhat this should show no matter what at least one shot to the head isn't going to take her down easily. I feel no matter what nothing should bring her down easily on the first few shots.

By bringing her down. I mean she is harmed or took damage but she can work through the pain no matter where. The headshot will cause her to be slow but she can still somewhat fight but a large opening happens until she can focus. Which can take a few minutes.
    We have an answer for that actually but, Jcoggisna wouldn't like it.

In the METAL event Diana was shot in the head, right next to her temple, by the Batman who Laughs. This wasn't an ordinary bullet however, this was a bullet made of 8th metal, the same metal that the gods use to forge her armor. 8th metal is also what the current invisible jet is made out of. Diana managed to Stay conscious, fight and beat a corrupted Hawkgirl, then dived into the dark multiverse to free her friends, she fought for hours with that God made bullet lodged in her head. That was the only epic thing Snyder had her do, He got really creative and made something (like a god forged weapon) that could kill Diana and had her overcome it through shear will power and strength of character.

Extraordinary Member

But shouldn't it be about how many? Diana has survived more different types of blows to the head yet doesn't have brain damage. I'm not saying it shouldn't be hurt to the head. Just that it shouldn't just be luck but luck place the quantity. She is tough. So one shot okay she fine but 10 shots she ain't that good. I Like I said I do think it should harm and damage her but I do think it should be more than just luck that helps her survive. I mean Diana takes punches from superman which is far worst than bullets. I would say somewhat this should show no matter what at least one shot to the head isn't going to take her down easily. I feel no matter what nothing should bring her down easily on the first few shots.

By bringing her down. I mean she is harmed or took damage but she can work through the pain no matter where. The headshot will cause her to be slow but she can still somewhat fight but a large opening happens until she can focus. Which can take a few minutes.
    No. Tying it to quanity makes it harder to create tension.

And the weakness is magical. That's why Diana can take greater amounts of physical force without issue yet still be hurt by a bullet. When she gets hit by a bullet, it's as if her flesh is normal, non-superpowered human flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Seriously ask yourself... What would make sense for a magic clay formed amazon that was gifted with godlike power from the Gods and Goddesses of the Greek pantheon to have as a weakness?
    Anything that the writer can justify will make sense.

There way more Diana than Greek Mythology. Limiting the things that can threaten her to just that stuff is far too stagnating for her character.

Diana needs to have as many stories that have nothing to do with greek pantheon as it does stories which involve them. And so she needs a weakness that has nothing to do with them, because the other option is technology that can surpass her durability omnipresent

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Anything that the writer can justify will make sense.

There way more Diana than Greek Mythology. Limiting the things that can threaten her to just that stuff is far too stagnating for her character.

Diana needs to have as many stories that have nothing to do with greek pantheon as it does stories which involve them. And so she needs a weakness that has nothing to do with them, because the other option is technology that can surpass her durability omnipresent
    Blind trust in the author gets us all those "lazy and generic" moments you complain about.

No there isn't! have you read anything from Greek myth.

I like her rouges gallery too, I don't want her just facing gods and monsters but, guess what, she does fight them. Her biggest villains are in a three way tie between Ares, Circe, Cheetah. Two of the are Greek based, and the other is the avatar of another deity.

Her WHOLE origin hinges on the fact that the AMAZONS of GREEK MYTH exist. Why are you so afraid of that? Because Azzerello wrote a bad version of WW that just happened to hide behind the vague veil of Greek myth, which he got completely wrong anyway?

YOU are the one that is limiting her. You are literally saying that other piercing weapons fall under the very same categories I made.

One more time.

Take it down a notch and watch the personal and snarky commentary.

Further violations will result in disciplinary action.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Okay. It’s just that I feel like since she is an Amazon she isn’t 100% human. So a one shot isn’t a thing. Rather arms, heart or head are indeed going to harm her gravely but not kill her the first time. Second or third time sure but not the first time. Also Diana could easily just find or get something to make her bulletproof. She and done it for other events. Eve. If it’s temporary

Okay. Everyone let’s movie on. So if we have the Holliday Girls back what should they do?

I just want to state that if people are worried about Diana's adventures being more generic, having her fight gun-wielding bank robbers and mad scientists would do that a lot easier than her battling supernatural threats.

Also Diana could easily just find or get something to make her bulletproof.
    She doesn't have to do that, that's what her bracelets are for.

Controversial Opinion: The Wonder Woman comic would be a lot better with 50% more fighting and 50% less speechifying. Diana talks WAAAAAAYYYYY too much.

Sometimes it takes someone outside the fandom to make you notice certain things, Comic Boom! did that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I just want to state that if people are worried about Diana's adventures being more generic, having her fight gun-wielding bank robbers and mad scientists would do that a lot easier than her battling supernatural threats.
    Yeah, having one of the most common and mundane weapons anywhere as the weakness of a woman who's supposed to be one of the strongest in the galaxy is.... lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, having one of the most common and mundane weapons anywhere as the weakness of a woman who's supposed to be one of the strongest in the galaxy is.... lolwut?
    Can we please keep Wonder Woman how she is for once?

You got your way with making her suddenly bisexual with NO supporting evidence throughout her long history to justify it.

You got your way with making her tall because people kept saying Amazons should be larger than average, so now she's 6'2".

You got your way with removing most of the american iconography from her costume because you kept saying it didn't make sense.

You got your way with making her thousands of years old although her timeline is all messed up because of it.

You got your way with making her the daughter of Zeus because people kept saying she was a "golem" without a soul because she was made from clay.

Can we PLEASE leave bullets and bracelets alone before we mess up anything else? All these arbitrary changes just take her farther and farther away from her roots and the reasons people loved her in the first place. Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

You got your way with making her suddenly bisexual with NO supporting evidence throughout her long history to justify it.

You got your way with making her tall because people kept saying Amazons should be larger than average, so now she's 6'2".

You got your way with removing most of the american iconography from her costume because you kept saying it didn't make sense.

You got your way with making her thousands of years old although her timeline is all messed up because of it.

You got your way with making her the daughter of Zeus because people kept saying she was a "golem" without a soul because she was made from clay.

Can we PLEASE leave bullets and bracelets alone before we mess up anything else? All these arbitrary changes just take her farther and farther away from her roots and the reasons people loved her in the first place. Geez!
    Preach!
    10 char

Diana in the GA was already taller than a woman. She was 5'11. All I say is this. Bullets can pierce her but it should take more than one lucky bullet to kill her. She feels pain and damage. So the head and heart hurt like hell but they don't kill her automatically. It's more about the villains planning on how to take her down than the luck of the bullet. Okay, regular common okay. Hurt and damage her. Can knock her off. But not kill. Assault weapons heavily damage her to the point of death. Marston had stated he saw Diana being powerful has Diana. Bullet or pierce weapons can harm and even kill. So I feel that certain weapons should kill her but others take longer. For example, a pocket knife wouldn't stab into just give her a superficial wound.

Characters evolve in change over time. Certain weakness are fine but you also have to make them make sense. Especially with a woman who has taken a stab multiple times. In clear we will never be able a stand on bulletproof yea or no. I think it's honestly how you write it. Simply put Amazons were killed by these things and Ares curse for any amazon to set foot on the man's world will be killed as if she was a normal woman. Due to the blessing of the Gods Diana has tougher durability and endurance. So it's a little harder but it's not impossible to kill her with a bullet. I just say no to one or two shot deaths. The toughest Dc woman doesn't need that on her. After all, DC treats Diana badly already.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-15-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

Diana being Bi doesn't make sense, She's dating Steve and writers don't even try making that relationship work. Having her be Bi is just fake Representation.

She was like 6ft in her boots, she barely comes close to reaching Superman or Batman who are both taller. I don't really see how this ruins her character.

I like her new costume, didn't hate the old one, don't see why the old one was better because it had stars on the boot shorts.

Making her 3000 years old doesn't change when she leaves the island. Just means she's on Themyscira longer than like 20 years.

Zeus's daughter is garbage, I don't believe anyone here is really defending it, I'm most certainly not. Azzerello, Didio, Lee, and editorial made that decision not the fandom.

Diana continuing to block things with her bracelets doesn't take away any of her iconography just because mundane bullets can't harm her.

Diana is official 6'2 in today's cannon. In GA she was 5'11. Currently, Batman is 6'2 and Superman is 6'2. I don't see how height is important when even GA had her taller than any woman. She wore heels so she was 6' something. Also, I don't think GA Superman or Batman were 6' either. Many heroes have had their height change. I feel like the tension is yea she is weak to bullets but with her super speed, durability, and healing how do you throw her off. Many criminals should know no one bullet isn't going to kill her it might not her off a game a bit not she is going to refocus. It should be all about where to get her off her game. A normal criminal shouldn't harm her. yea they harmed her but okay. Now someone in Diana's rogue yea they have fought her for years. So they know it's all about placing the bullets to throw her off.

But once again the issue is how doesn't she know the bullets are coming? She does have superhearing. When she is in bullet she puts all her senses to go used. That's the only thing that would have to make sense is Diana was too reflexed or a great threat needs her attention.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-15-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty much this.

But, I've said my piece and clearly the Mod isn't happy about the direction this is going in and I like to keep the Mod happy.

So... I do want to apologize if I was too rude or snarky about this. While I still think that being Bulletproof wont ruin her character, other things have that covered, I can take an L on poor forum behavior. Again, I'm sorry.