Page 161 of 440 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 6592

Okay. So do you guys think Dr.Pysho being on Harley Quinn will help other Wonder Woman villains?

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Diana being Bi doesn't make sense, She's dating Steve and writers don't even try making that relationship work. Having her be Bi is just fake Representation.
    Don't be silly. She comes from an island exclusively inhabited by women. How can anyone think she wouldn't be bisexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She doesn't have to do that, that's what her bracelets are for.

Controversial Opinion: The Wonder Woman comic would be a lot better with 50% more fighting and 50% less speechifying. Diana talks WAAAAAAYYYYY too much.

Sometimes it takes someone outside the fandom to make you notice certain things, Comic Boom! did that for me.
    I watch a lot of his videos, I think he is one of the few that genuinely honestly reviews the books. Also, he's the only one that consistently reviews WW? I could be wrong.

Yea, how many times have we had an epic moment wasted because a writer wanted to give Diana a speech about love or something. GWW was the worst offender of this. We would get to the point of some epic boss battle, then out of nowhere huge speech bubbles coming from Diana. Remember when the hero actually fights the villain that's actively trying to destroy the universe.

I think people believe that Diana inspires people and she does but, she inspires with her actions not just words. Words do not mean anything with out the actions or heroics behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay. Everyone let’s movie on. So if we have the Holliday Girls back what should they do?
    Holiday Girls are like a sorority, right? I mean they could be a part of the local college campus and run fundraisers, charity runs, and other activities. If Gateway city comes back to Diana.

Etta would be like a former member, Diana could come in for the events.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yea. In the GA they were Diana's little army. I kinda still like this idea. I especially if thee could be different issues to solve. I mean Steve and the military generally stay out of magical affairs. So this is why I think the Holliday Girls would be a nice fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Don't be silly. She comes from an island exclusively inhabited by women. How can anyone think she wouldn't be bisexual?
    I mean if you think about it, the whole all the amazons are her "sisters" and all that jazz. Whoever she would hook up with would literally have waited until Diana reached legal banging age. Imagine someone like Mala just taking care of baby Diana, then waiting until she was like 18 or 19 to start flirting with her. It was weird when Theseus did it to 12 year Helen of Troy, its weird here. I understand other amazons being lesbians or Bi, seeing they were all on the island on the same time and are adults.

On top of that thought, the Rep is just bad. Steve and Diana are in an active relationship, one that most writers try to ignore anyway. And it is a good relationship as those characters bounce off each other very well. It's disingenuous to state a characters sexuality in a scenario that does not allow for it to be explored. I'm bisexual, I never needed that confirmation for Diana to be Bi for that representation. I understand where people from the LGBT+ community are coming from wanting more rep. But, that rep needs to be a fair and active part of a character, Diana isn't that character. She works better as a ally anyway.

Yea. In the GA they were Diana's little army. I kinda still like this idea. I especially if thee could be different issues to solve. I mean Steve and the military generally stay out of magical affairs. So this is why I think the Holliday Girls would be a nice fit.
    Like a Gotham Academy sort of thing? I can see that.

ARGUS, Etta, and Steve need to remain in the WW mythos. You can have Etta be the head of the Humanitarian branch of ARGUS and bring back General Claw, from Simone's run, as the Military branch. And a group of 3 or 5, mostly female, scientists as the heads of Research and Development.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If we're going by the logic that sexuality depends on one's environment then shouldn't she be a lesbian instead? There's really nothing unusual about being born straight, especially when all the women around are essentially her aunts/older sisters.

Okay. So do you guys think Dr.Pysho being on Harley Quinn will help other Wonder Woman villains?
    Eh, maybe for him but probably no more than Giganta getting a semi-prominent showing in the JLU show raised the profile of other WW villains.

I think it's far more likely DC will move Psycho over Harley Quinn's book.

Extraordinary Member

The fact that all of the other amazons would have been adults when Diana was a kid is one of the reasons that I prefer the Amazons to be non-Immortals who have children that then grow up and such.

As for Diana's LGBT rep, I'm of two minds on it. On one hand, she really should get a girlfriend for representational reasons. On the other hand, I feel loath to throw away anything Diana has, and that includes Steve.

One idea I had was to make Diana Poly, and in a three person relationship with Steve and another woman, like Mala or Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    One idea I had was to make Diana Poly, and in a three person relationship with Steve and another woman, like Mala or Paula
    A lover in every port.

Steve in Gateway. Trevor in Skartaris. Turquoise in Gemworld. Ronno in Atlantis. Shayera on Thanagar.

I mean I don’t mind if the Amazons are immortal. However, before post crisis Diana was never a only child. She was one of many kids. We have seen children on paradise island before in GA. So because of this I wouldn’t mind if children came back but not a large group. They were children who were abandoned to dead.

Like a Gotham Academy sort of thing? I can see that.

ARGUS, Etta, and Steve need to remain in the WW mythos. You can have Etta be the head of the Humanitarian branch of ARGUS and bring back General Claw, from Simone's run, as the Military branch. And a group of 3 or 5, mostly female, scientists as the heads of Research and Development.

This was my idea. Diana lives in Gateway city. A city with many different mythical people and creatures. They are one of the many humans who know. Because of this Diana trains them to help make peace. Not only that but maybe they can be the magical division. Argus knows nothing about magic. So Holliday Girls step in. Now for Gateway, there is magic spells protecting which humans know and don't know who is magically and who isn't. I had the idea that Athena runs the university. Also, I want Kangas to be a thing again so they live in Gateway.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-15-2020 at 11:04 AM.

wrong thread
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-15-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The fact that all of the other amazons would have been adults when Diana was a kid is one of the reasons that I prefer the Amazons to be non-Immortals who have children that then grow up and such.

As for Diana's LGBT rep, I'm of two minds on it. On one hand, she really should get a girlfriend for representational reasons. On the other hand, I feel loath to throw away anything Diana has, and that includes Steve.

Honestly those aren't ideas i''d be to wild about!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-15-2020 at 12:24 PM.

I don't think Diana needs to "check every diversity box" so to speak, to be a great character. So, she's not Bi and in a relationship with a really sweet badass guy. What's the big deal?

Fantastic Member

I don't think Diana needs to "check every diversity box" so to speak, to be a great character. So, she's not Bi and in a relationship with a really sweet badass guy. What's the big deal?
    I agree!! The diversity thing has ruin a lot of good characters and destroyed a lot of good stories!! Hopefully WW won't be the next!!