Page 179 of 440 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 6590
    BANNED

I don't want Wonder Woman wearing pants.

Many people want that because Superman and Batman are covered why, not Diana.

BANNED

Nah they want that for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I don't want Wonder Woman wearing pants.
    My main problem when it's done is that it's usually just leads to a lot of color imbalance of too much blues that just looks lazy and unappealing (Odyssey, Injustice). If the whole outfit were one color with highlights of others like Donna Troy's or her "God of Peace" from SM/WW I think it could I get behind it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-18-2020 at 08:19 PM.

A few people have wanted her to ditch the red and blue color scheme but, I can't think of another that looks as good besides a flat white color, like the all white look from the red son animated movie. I like the idea of Diana's red and blue being darker/richer that Superman's colors. It fits the theme of Diana being the balance of light and dark between Superman, who is light and full of hope and Batman, who is dark full of suspicion.

I said before that having pants is 50/50 for me. There are designs that do look nice with pants but, Diana looks to good in the battle skirt. I partially think people see Donna in pants and think why can't Diana wear something like that; my response is usually that Diana and Donna are different people who probably have different opinions about what style of clothing makes them feel more comfortable/confident. I also feel it can be regressive, like Diana needs to wear pants for her to be taken as a serious hero? Or, she loses credibility because an artist drew her at a more sexualized angle once? That kind of stuff bothers me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Injustice ruined the pants look forever for me, so I hate them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Nah they want that for other reasons.
    What other reasons?

Don't know if this is controversial here but I don't actually think WW has a particularly weak rogues gallery as often stated it is. I mean, sure it's weak compared to Batman and Spider-Man's but so is just about every superhero's if those are to be considered the standard. Aside from Lex, I don't think hers is particularly weaker than Superman's when it comes to their nebulous motives or characterization depth (not talking in terms of how well-known or number of media appearances they are since that's a different argument and he obviously wins there).

I'm also not sick of stories that center on Greek mythology, though I wish she'd interact more with other world myths akin to something like Hellboy or American Gods, or stories centering around Ares/Circe/Cheetah. I just wish some would try more interesting stuff with them.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-19-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Instead of making us feel sorry for Hela, the Azzarello run should have focused on the multitudes of women who had been harmed by both her and Zeus.

Diana Prince is a complete cypher with no personality. Diana of Themyscira has actually been written as a person with wants, goals and flaws.

If the Invisible Jet has to exist, Diana doesn't have to be the one flying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Instead of making us feel sorry for Hela, the Azzarello run should have focused on the multitudes of women who had been harmed by both her and Zeus.

Diana Prince is a complete cypher with no personality. Diana of Themyscira has actually been written as a person with wants, goals and flaws.

If the Invisible Jet has to exist, Diana doesn't have to be the one flying it.
    Yea, I don't understand why they don't just give the jet to Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yea, I don't understand why they don't just give the jet to Steve.
    They can't even give him consistent presence in the book, and you're asking for a jet

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Steve can use the jet after she gains the ability to fly. But the whole point of the thing is that it's Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet, not anyone else's

In my ideal WW canon, Diana can't fly for the first few years of her adventures and uses the plane so it actually has a reason to exist (y'know, like it used to in the actual comics). Then she gains flight and keeps it in reserve and/or Steve makes occasional use of it. We can have a take that satisfied both camps.

I never felt there was a contradiction in having the plane and being able to fly under her own power. Makes it easier to carry stuff or other people around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I never felt there was a contradiction in having the plane and being able to fly under her own power. Makes it easier to carry stuff or other people around.
    I mean the stuff part can be easily replaced with an infinity pocket/pouch. The people happen to include Steve, who is suppose to be a trained fighter pilot. My head canon is that the amazons make it, Diana uses it for a bit, then gifts it to Steve as a "here, you need this more than I do" thing down the line. The jet should be able to travel in space too, I'm sure it has before. Diana and company probably only bring it out for space adventures.

I think Diana should be able to fly and have the plane as well. The plane still serves a purpose to carry passengers and cargo. Steve using it regularly but not exclusively sounds fine.