Page 183 of 440 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Hasn't Ares been trapped in a prison under Themysicra from about 3000 years ago to just a few years ago?

(Way to take a big player off the board, DC! Ares winds up not involved in the politics of the gods for all that time, not influencing anything on Earth, not an early villain against Diana, not someone who empowers early villains against Diana. A waste of 3000 years!)
    That's the reason why I welcome another inevitable reboot. That and Diana spending her entire superhero career never returning to the Island and with fake memories of it to boot. Seriously, WTF?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was pretty underwhelmed that the awesome blue armor Ares drawn by Nicola Scott turned out to be Fred and George Weasley

I was underwhelmed that old Terror and Panic turned out to be Fred and George Weasley

I'm okay with hot Ares though. Always okay with hot Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I was pretty underwhelmed that the awesome blue armor Ares drawn by Nicola Scott turned out to be Fred and George Weasley

I was underwhelmed that old Terror and Panic turned out to be Fred and George Weasley

Yes, yes, and yes. I like Rucka's writing, her really does understand the character and her villains, but his 2nd run was just... not as good as the first. Some of his decisions like, what happened to Ares, was questionable. Nicola drew such a cool Ares too.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

If we are getting another reboot, I would like for her to just be in Gateway City.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. I like Rucka's writing, her really does understand the character and her villains, but his 2nd run was just... not as good as the first. Some of his decisions like, what happened to Ares, was questionable. Nicola drew such a cool Ares too.
    I thought he did her villains better in the second run (at least the ones who appeared in both such as Cale, Circe, and Cheetah) but I did prefer his “God of Conflict” modernized version of Ares from his first run more.

Though I think the idea of him as a willing prisoner of the Amazons is an interesting theoretical endgame scenario for him.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm ok with Deimos and Phobos having those human designs same with Circe's look in Godwatch, but I'd prefer that not to be their only design. Circe should zap different looks on herself, and the twins should be able to turn into their Perez designs.

I'm ok with losing Ares as a villain and Diana not returning home for like a decade after leaving the island. Ares can be one note as a villain outside of Rucka's first run, and she has plenty of stuff outside of the Amazons and myth that could use development while Themyscira can't be accessed for a bit.

I don't mind Ares' kids looks younger than Ares because I did get weirded out that they look older than him in the Perez version... I also don't really mind them looking attractive since their dad is hot... I just wish they don't look like such a tool... and yes, they should have a scarier form.

The dogs of war are cool, but not cool enough for a boss fight

Yes, I get the point about subduing them by loving them, the exact same method as Aphrodite to Ares, but boss fights ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Hasn't Ares been trapped in a prison under Themysicra from about 3000 years ago to just a few years ago?

(Way to take a big player off the board, DC! Ares winds up not involved in the politics of the gods for all that time, not influencing anything on Earth, not an early villain against Diana, not someone who empowers early villains against Diana. A waste of 3000 years!)
    I like that, it was a surprising take on a villain that has never really made an impact on the series beyond his opening storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm ok with Deimos and Phobos having those human designs same with Circe's look in Godwatch, but I'd prefer that not to be their only design. Circe should zap different looks on herself, and the twins should be able to turn into their Perez designs.
    I agree. I love their pompous twin design, but I have to say I'm a really big fan of Deimos's original design with the snake beard. I'd love for their "monstrous" forms to be a thing, while their human disguises are what they use to most often interact with other mortals.

Phobos, though... his Perez form isn't great. I would love to see a new take on his monstrous version.

Yeah, I kind of prefer to think characters like Circe and the gods don't have a "true form" and so can change based on their own whims at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I like that, it was a surprising take on a villain that has never really made an impact on the series beyond his opening storyline.
    Same, though it could have made an interesting setup where Diana occasionally visits him for advice or info on stuff pertaining to the gods.

I agree. I love their pompous twin design, but I have to say I'm a really big fan of Deimos's original design with the snake beard. I'd love for their "monstrous" forms to be a thing, while their human disguises are what they use to most often interact with other mortals.

Phobos, though... his Perez form isn't great. I would love to see a new take on his monstrous version.
    Wikipedia states that Phobos was described sometimes as having a lion-like head. Doing something with that could be neat.

I like that, it was a surprising take on a villain that has never really made an impact on the series beyond his opening storyline
    By this logic we might as well get rid of all the villains since most of them had no impact on the series

Wikipedia states that Phobos was described sometimes as having a lion-like head. Doing something with that could be neat.
    I like that and yes for old snake beard

I was thinking what a young handsome Deimos (to match Ares human looks) would look like with a snake helmet but realized that he'll carry a different aura. Best keep the beard even if he is 30-something instead of ancient.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Don't know if this is controversial here but I don't actually think WW has a particularly weak rogues gallery as often stated it is. I mean, sure it's weak compared to Batman and Spider-Man's but so is just about every superhero's if those are to be considered the standard. Aside from Lex, I don't think hers is particularly weaker than Superman's when it comes to their nebulous motives or characterization depth (not talking in terms of how well-known or number of media appearances they are since that's a different argument and he obviously wins there).
    Her rogues are on the weaker side, but she does have a few great enemies who are underestimated. In other media her rogues are usually the ones who are disrespected, like in Timm's Justice League show. Ares, Cheetah and Circe should have been major stars in that but were relegated to one-offs and comic relief. Killer Frost got more respect and she's a nobody.

I'm also not sick of stories that center on Greek mythology, though I wish she'd interact more with other world myths akin to something like Hellboy or American Gods, or stories centering around Ares/Circe/Cheetah. I just wish some would try more interesting stuff with them.
    This is a strength Wonder Woman has, you don't get that with other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Her rogues are on the weaker side, but she does have a few great enemies who are underestimated. In other media her rogues are usually the ones who are disrespected, like in Timm's Justice League show. Ares, Cheetah and Circe should have been major stars in that but were relegated to one-offs and comic relief. Killer Frost got more respect and she's a nobody.
    Can’t see Cheetah apparently being sniped by Jason Todd in that upcoming Choose Your Own Adventure movie doing her any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Can’t see Cheetah apparently being sniped by Jason Todd in that upcoming Choose Your Own Adventure movie doing her any favors.
    I was told by Jason Todd fans that it's not a big deal because the project isn't aimed at WW fans and Jason has poor other media portrayals as well.

To which I replied that WW fans didn't even ask to have anything to do with this in the first place and we'd be more than happy not to have an opinion on this, but here we are. I'm not inclined to like Jason much at all (at least Bruce has years of good will with me before the current frustrations, so I can never hate him), this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Oh well, live action movie trumps DTVs at least.