Page 184 of 440 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I was told by Jason Todd fans that it's not a big deal because the project isn't aimed at WW fans and Jason has poor other media portrayals as well.

To which I replied that WW fans didn't even ask to have anything to do with this in the first place and we'd be more than happy not to have an opinion on this, but here we are. I'm not inclined to like Jason much at all (at least Bruce has years of good will with me before the current frustrations, so I can never hate him), this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Oh well, live action movie trumps DTVs at least.
    I'm sure it'll all even out and Steve Trevor in future media will pull a Bane "break you" moment on Joker or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    By this logic we might as well get rid of all the villains since most of them had no impact on the series
    Most writers have already followed that logic, hence White Magician, The Morrigan, Dark Angel, Genocide, First Born, etc.

And it wasn't really getting "rid" of Ares so much as updating him to not just be a generic warrior god who rages about and smashes things. If they came up with imaginative ways to utilize other WW rogues that didn't make them straight-up villains anymore, I'd probably be all for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is a strength Wonder Woman has, you don't get that with other heroes.
    You also don't get female vs. female relationships in comics, so I think a lot of fans sell her rogues short in many departments when they fill roles that you don't see anywhere else in comic books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Most writers have already followed that logic, hence White Magician, The Morrigan, Dark Angel, Genocide, First Born, etc.

And it wasn't really getting "rid" of Ares so much as updating him to not just be a generic warrior god who rages about and smashes things. If they came up with imaginative ways to utilize other WW rogues that didn't make them straight-up villains anymore, I'd probably be all for that too.
    I agree, and I was hoping Rucka or some other writer would make Ares a villain from his prison. I hoped they would have him astral project into Man's World to empower Diana's villains, encourage wars and conflict, and even manipulate Diana to push her more toward her NEW 52 persona. My thinking, Diana sees Ares as a depowered prisoner and doesn't realize that his master manipulation is his true power.

We obviously didn't get any of those things, but I thought that would be a great way to keep Ares a behind the scenes mastermind of the Wonder mythos without necessarily having to write around his immense power every time he shows up.

Since you mentioned Genocide, I really hope someone reintroduces the 4 Horsewomen arc in Wonder Woman. While I liked Orlando's idea, I did not enjoy his execution. Armageddon, Devastation, Genocide and Decay would make a wonderful 4 Horsewomen team, and I hope we could get that again soon.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm re-reading Simone's run now since I just recently got the omnibus. It's holding up as a whole better than I remembered, because at the time I was losing interest right after Genocide showed up. Genocide herself is still a lame, one-note addition just like I remembered. I wonder if Simone's original plan for it to have been Knockout would have been better. I think in Genocide mode she'd still be underwhelming, but it would have at least tied her two books together in a neat way and maybe the transition back to Knockout would have been done better. Otherwise, Genocide really sucks, but on the plus side Alkyone and the Circle were pretty cool. Probably among the best "writer's pet" villains after Veronica Cale.

As a whole I think Simone did great with what she was given. Had Rucka been able to complete his first run the way he wanted and Simone took over right after with less editorial interference we'd be looking at a much better set of back to back runs. As it stands, the worst things in her run aside from Genocide are things she just got stuck with (DMA, Nemesis, Amazons Attack). Despite that, "the Circle" and "Ends of the Earth" are damn good stuff and Diana comes through looking better here than...pretty much everything we've gotten since barring Rucka 2.0 and somewhat in Azzarello.

BANNED

At this point, we should just reboot Diana or gave a cancelation for her series rather than continuing. It's clear that DC doesn't understand what they wanted from Diana and they didn't shy from it. So I think the possible answer to that gives her a bit holiday for a few years with her death or something like that. So DC can clear their mind and make a consensus on what Diana really lacks and what kind of story they really need to tell. Or, or hear me out, how about DC just sell her to another company because they clearly didn't want any hero aside from Batman.

I'm re-reading Simone's run now since I just recently got the omnibus. It's holding up as a whole better than I remembered, because at the time I was losing interest right after Genocide showed up. Genocide herself is still a lame, one-note addition just like I remembered. I wonder if Simone's original plan for it to have been Knockout would have been better. I think in Genocide mode she'd still be underwhelming, but it would have at least tied her two books together in a neat way and maybe the transition back to Knockout would have been done better. Otherwise, Genocide really sucks, but on the plus side Alkyone and the Circle were pretty cool. Probably among the best "writer's pet" villains after Veronica Cale.

As a whole I think Simone did great with what she was given. Had Rucka been able to complete his first run the way he wanted and Simone took over right after with less editorial interference we'd be looking at a much better set of back to back runs. As it stands, the worst things in her run aside from Genocide are things she just got stuck with (DMA, Nemesis, Amazons Attack). Despite that, "the Circle" and "Ends of the Earth" are damn good stuff and Diana comes through looking better here than...pretty much everything we've gotten since barring Rucka 2.0 and somewhat in Azzarello.
    I read through it when the omnibus came out earlier in the year. Think her run has the reverse problem of Rucka's where his was undercut because it doesn't really have an ending because of IC whereas hers starts off on a weak-footing because of the post-IC stuff that happened with a lot of the run is trying to get back to a better status quo.

Agree on Genocide though a better design would have probably gone a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    At this point, we should just reboot Diana or gave a cancelation for her series rather than continuing. It's clear that DC doesn't understand what they wanted from Diana and they didn't shy from it. So I think the possible answer to that gives her a bit holiday for a few years with her death or something like that. So DC can clear their mind and make a consensus on what Diana really lacks and what kind of story they really need to tell. Or, or hear me out, how about DC just sell her to another company because they clearly didn't want any hero aside from Batman.
    I agree with the put her on a break idea. I've suggested it myself in the past.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I read through it when the omnibus came out earlier in the year. Think her run has the reverse problem of Rucka's where his was undercut because it doesn't really have an ending because of IC whereas hers starts off on a weak-footing because of the post-IC stuff that happened with a lot of the run is trying to get back to a better status quo.

Agree on Genocide though a better design would have probably gone a long way.
    Yeah, the main issue is everything in between them (Heinberg/Dodson at least has pretty art and the villain cameos going for it at least). His got cut short, and she got saddled with a mess. I think I read somewhere that she had plans for Veronica Cale, Dr. Cyber and Dr. Poison that never materialized either.

Ideally, she should have been on the short list to come back for Rebirth. I know Rucka mainly left because he couldn't keep up with the twice monthly schedule, it would have been neat if he kept one issue while Simone got the alternating issue. There was a much better foundation for her to work with there than what she had to deal with post-Amazons Attack.

Yeah, the main issue is everything in between them (Heinberg/Dodson at least has pretty art and the villain cameos going for it at least). His got cut short, and she got saddled with a mess. I think I read somewhere that she had plans for Veronica Cale, Dr. Cyber and Dr. Poison that never materialized either.

Ideally, she should have been on the short list to come back for Rebirth. I know Rucka mainly left because he couldn't keep up with the twice monthly schedule, it would have been neat if he kept one issue while Simone got the alternating issue. There was a much better foundation for her to work with there than what she had to deal with post-Amazons Attack.
    Yeah, when Rucka left I was hoping she'd have gotten a chance on the book again, or like you said take over one of the two issues. Wouldn't have minded her trying to "re-do" some of her stories/characters since it would have had better status quo to work with, like how Rucka improved upon Cale his second go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree with the put her on a break idea. I've suggested it myself in the past.
    Unless that break means WW gets a new editor that will take a new approach to her, benching WW won’t change anything. It’s the people in charge who are the problem, not the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unless that break means WW gets a new editor that will take a new approach to her, benching WW won’t change anything. It’s the people in charge who are the problem, not the character.
    That's true unless DC and WB change itself. WW won't change. I hope that the editorial group would be made and then finally we will get respect that we deserved as WW's fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Can’t see Cheetah apparently being sniped by Jason Todd in that upcoming Choose Your Own Adventure movie doing her any favors.
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm aware of that and never said otherwise. If nothing else, giving her a break means those people in charge can't cause problems for her. Of course, this could be symptomatic of a wider problem with how comics are released these days.

So Diana a really only has not being bulletproof as a weakness. So if we were to being by her weakness being her taken off her bracelets would that work more? Like her God mode. She is much stronger without the bracelets but it causes her to become weaker. She is faster and can heal quicker but it makes her weaker. This is what someone said and I agree. She mean other than the lasso she doesn’t have much other weakness. Getting Diana to take off her bracelets

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    WTF

I can only assume Ra's, Joker, and Bane got similar treatment when the Nolan films were coming out.