Page 185 of 440 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Can’t see Cheetah apparently being sniped by Jason Todd in that upcoming Choose Your Own Adventure movie doing her any favors.
    Sniping makes sense. Julia Kapatelis sniped her in her first appearance. I'll get angry if he wins in close quarters

(Like in that Batman cartoon to promote toys where Nightwing and Wally go up against Croc and Cheetah, and instead of Wally, they make Nightwing fights Cheetah. That doesn't make sense.)

It still should've been Hyena though if they're just gonna end up getting sniped. It's an unnecessary change
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-29-2020 at 06:39 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Sniping makes sense. Julia Kapatelis sniped her in her first appearance. I'll get angry if he wins in close quarters

(Like in that Batman cartoon to promote toys where Nightwing and Wally go up against Croc and Cheetah, and instead of Wally, they make Nightwing fights Cheetah. That doesn't make sense.)

It still should've been Hyena though if they're just gonna end up getting sniped. It's an unnecessary change
    It doesn't make sense. Considering how fast and strong Cheetah is supposed to be. It doesn't make sense at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It doesn't make sense. Considering how fast and strong Cheetah is supposed to be. It doesn't make sense at all.
    Mystical41, it's DC (Detective Comics). A villain lose to Batfamily is the most normal thing ever. It's even weird if she defeats him, knowing that she is a villain from a second class superhero in DC's mind.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's stated in the Perez run that the lasso protected her from the bullet and just knocked her aside, but it's pretty ambiguous as to how much damage it would have caused her had it hit her directly. The Bana Amazons later hold her off with gun fire.

But then, this isn't that different than the whole "is Diana immune to bullets or not?" stuff.

With the Bullets. I say that she is bulletproof but unlike the Superman family. They bounce off her. Depending on the comics I think the bullets just get destroyed. I did have an idea that at first she wasn’t bulletproof but that was due to her being new to her powers

Not sure if that's controversial, but I prefer for Cheetah to be able to switch between her human and animal forms, and have Barbara be as much of a threat as Cheetah. Utilise her wealth and background as an archeologist and have her focus on collecting mystical weapons and artifacts all over the world. Basically, make her the DCU's expert on all things mythological with her own private collection of artifacts that can not only harm Wonder Woman but potentially the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not sure if that's controversial, but I prefer for Cheetah to be able to switch between her human and animal forms, and have Barbara be as much of a threat as Cheetah. Utilise her wealth and background as an archeologist and have her focus on collecting mystical weapons and artifacts all over the world. Basically, make her the DCU's expert on all things mythological with her own private collection of artifacts that can not only harm Wonder Woman but potentially the whole world.
    I agree. A while ago, me and a few others thought it would be a good idea that Cheetah would need the blood or flesh of a God to go back and forth. The more flesh or blood the easy it is to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Sniping makes sense.
    Assuming the bullet is powerful enough to break Cheetah's skin and bone, and she isn't at Wally West "speed god" levels of fast, a sniper is about the best option for taking her down.

Cheetah will dodge a bullet if she knows it's coming, but if you can catch her off guard? She's dead before she realizes she's in danger. But you better make sure you shoot at her while she's relaxed and doesn't have the blood (and speed) pumping, and she better not sense you. So you better be down wind, super quiet, super well hidden, and you better not miss your first shot or she'll find you and cut you to ribbons before you have a chance to re-load. And your weapon better be capable of finishing the job in one go.

So, yknow, not exactly an easy thing to pull off. But the only speedster (to my knowledge) fast enough to go from a resting state, recognize a unnoticed bullet breaking the skin, go full-tilt speedster, and escape without injury was Wally at the height of his powers, and Cheetah is nowhere near that level. Even Barry isn't *that* good.

I don't know if Jason has the skills to pull it off (Cheetah's no light weight, especially when you remember how acute her senses are), nor access to the kind of weaponry a kill-shot on Cheetah would require. But the basic plan isn't a bad one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't know if Jason has the skills to pull it off (Cheetah's no light weight, especially when you remember how acute her senses are), nor access to the kind of weaponry a kill-shot on Cheetah would require. But the basic plan isn't a bad one.
    The lead up to the scene still involves Batman and the GCPD somehow being able to take her down and contain her in handcuffs, so even if a basic plan is sound we still have that stupidity to contend with

Basically, it's a "Why the hell is this even happening" situation no matter what.

Assuming the bullet is powerful enough to break Cheetah's skin and bone, and she isn't at Wally West "speed god" levels of fast, a sniper is about the best option for taking her down.

Cheetah will dodge a bullet if she knows it's coming, but if you can catch her off guard? She's dead before she realizes she's in danger. But you better make sure you shoot at her while she's relaxed and doesn't have the blood (and speed) pumping, and she better not sense you. So you better be down wind, super quiet, super well hidden, and you better not miss your first shot or she'll find you and cut you to ribbons before you have a chance to re-load. And your weapon better be capable of finishing the job in one go.

So, yknow, not exactly an easy thing to pull off. But the only speedster (to my knowledge) fast enough to go from a resting state, recognize a unnoticed bullet breaking the skin, go full-tilt speedster, and escape without injury was Wally at the height of his powers, and Cheetah is nowhere near that level. Even Barry isn't *that* good.

Cheetah should still more than fast enough to react to a bullet even if she wasn't expecting the shot. And in the comics, she took a shot from an elephant gun to the head at point blank range, and she wasn't in danger of death at all. So the way sge apparently goes down in that batman movie is still stupid. And so is the fact that they contain her with handcuffs.

Cheetah should still more than fast enough to react to a bullet even if she wasn't expecting the shot. And in the comics, she took a shot from an elephant gun to the head at point blank range, and she wasn't in danger of death at all. So the way sge apparently goes down in that batman movie is still stupid. And so is the fact that they contain her with handcuffs.
    As correct as all this stuff is. The main problem here is why Cheetah is even in a batman film about his family drama. This is like when Amazo was in "Under the Redhood" and Bats/Nightwing took him down. Like, it could have been literally any bat villain. Cheetah has 0 ties to the bat fam.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

As I said in the other thread:

At the risk of sounding like a certain other poster, I can't help but notice that animal-like humanoids in anime and manga are often allowed to be high-tier super beings whereas in American comics they're often limited to street level at best. Cheetah might have fared better as a high-level villain in a different medium.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As I said in the other thread:

At the risk of sounding like a certain other poster, I can't help but notice that animal-like humanoids in anime and manga are often allowed to be high-tier super beings whereas in American comics they're often limited to street level at best. Cheetah might have fared better as a high-level villain in a different medium.
    I blame furries.

I'm not defending this movie (I've never even seen it), just the theory of using a sniper to take Cheetah down.

I don't think she's fast enough to react to a unexpected shot. I mean, we're talking about her going from "idle" to "faster than a speeding bullet" within the span of a inch and a nanosecond, and only *after* her nervous system registers the pain of the impact (even the sound wouldn't reach her before this). That is legit crazy fast; not even Barry hits that kind of acceleration; that's a Waid-era Wally type of thing, back when he could destroy the Anti-Monitor's armor by himself at speeds so high even high level Silver Age Kryptonians couldn't see him. As badass and quick as Cheetah is, she's not *that* fast. Nor should she be. Hell, Wally probably shouldn't have been that fast.

Don't get me wrong, Cheetah should be a major heavy hitter, well beyond the ability of 90% of heroes to handle. The idea of a Bat taking her down in a fist fight is just plain ass stupid. But I honestly don't think she's got the velocity to dodge a bullet that's already digging into her.

And it's not like this would be an easy thing to pull off anyway. Avoiding her enhanced senses, catching her off guard (not like Barbara Ann is one to relax), making sure she doesn't see the muzzle flash......all that on top of needing a weapon capable of actually killing her. I'm not gonna pull my hunting rifle off the wall and do this myself, y'know what I mean? Like, you'd have to get some Amanda Waller level resources and planning, and put the gun in the hands of someone like Deadshot, to even have a *chance* of being successful with this plan. But as far as plans to take down Cheetah, this is better than most.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm not defending this movie (I've never even seen it), just the theory of using a sniper to take Cheetah down.

I don't think she's fast enough to react to a unexpected shot. I mean, we're talking about her going from "idle" to "faster than a speeding bullet" within the span of a inch and a nanosecond, and only *after* her nervous system registers the pain of the impact (even the sound wouldn't reach her before this). That is legit crazy fast; not even Barry hits that kind of acceleration; that's a Waid-era Wally type of thing, back when he could destroy the Anti-Monitor's armor by himself at speeds so high even high level Silver Age Kryptonians couldn't see him. As badass and quick as Cheetah is, she's not *that* fast. Nor should she be. Hell, Wally probably shouldn't have been that fast.

Don't get me wrong, Cheetah should be a major heavy hitter, well beyond the ability of 90% of heroes to handle. The idea of a Bat taking her down in a fist fight is just plain ass stupid. But I honestly don't think she's got the velocity to dodge a bullet that's already digging into her.

And it's not like this would be an easy thing to pull off anyway. Avoiding her enhanced senses, catching her off guard (not like Barbara Ann is one to relax), making sure she doesn't see the muzzle flash......all that on top of needing a weapon capable of actually killing her. I'm not gonna pull my hunting rifle off the wall and do this myself, y'know what I mean? Like, you'd have to get some Amanda Waller level resources and planning, and put the gun in the hands of someone like Deadshot, to even have a *chance* of being successful with this plan. But as far as plans to take down Cheetah, this is better than most.
    I think you are putting to much science in your thinking. When we are talking about fiction, and in this case, a character powered up by a God. Cheetah's speed and reaction time are supposed to way faster than a speeding bullet. WW has reacted to bullets while being blind, she has also reacted to bullets that were shot at her while she was distracted. And Cheetah is supposed to be even faster. So yes, i think she should have the reaction for it even if she isn't Flash level.