Page 192 of 440 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 6586

WW should always look timeless,
    I don't think "timeless" is possible. You never know what the future of fashion and hairstyles will hold. I mean, certainly you can go "safer" (which does kinda mean more generic in a way) but even then there's some risk. And early Wonder Woman is definitely not timeless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perez's Diana isn't anywhere near as dated as Starfire.
    We'll have to agree to disagree there. They both look like they go to the same stylist who only knows how to give terrible perms.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't think "timeless" is possible. You never know what the future of fashion and hairstyles will hold. I mean, certainly you can go "safer" (which does kinda mean more generic in a way) but even then there's some risk. And early Wonder Woman is definitely not timeless.
    Yeah complaining about Perez's Diana not looking timeless is basically blaming Perez for not being able to see into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree there. They both look like they go to the same stylist who only knows how to give terrible perms.
    Diana at least looked like her hairstyle was designed by a human being. I doubt any of the artists who drew Diana were concerned about her being timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I like that Diana has big flowy curls. Everyone else seems to have straight or slightly wavy stringy hair. I wish there were more styles and hair types in general depicted

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I like that Diana has big flowy curls. Everyone else seems to have straight or slightly wavy stringy hair. I wish there were more styles and hair types in general depicted
    Yeah, that's another reason I prefer it, though I know most artists preferred drawing straight as it's easier to draw on a monthly comic.

I have mix feelings. I don't mind Brazilan Wonder Woman but they could have used Donna, Fury or Cassie. They haven't tried to make Cassie in the mythos

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I have mix feelings. I don't mind Brazilan Wonder Woman but they could have used Donna, Fury or Cassie. They haven't tried to make Cassie in the mythos
    I don’t really have any thoughts on the character herself one way or the other beyond not really liking the costume, but (and this applies to other characters also) I’m not a fan of or on board with making “Wonder Woman” a legacy title.

This also makes me wonder how far into the future will it go for Diana. She is immortal.

Wonder Woman is not her gear.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wonder Woman is not her gear.
    She's definitely not just her gear (no superhero is). But as she is borne from a visual medium, in which the visual iconography of costumes, powers and accessories/gear are very important in distinguishing characters from each other along with the writing, her gear is still very essential to her.

It's also not just western comics and superheroes for which this is true.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Finch gets a lot of unnecessary hate for this design.

IMO it's s great design. A bit busy looking maybe, but remove the blue bodysuit beneath, the bracelet blades and shoulder pads and it's easily her best design yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post

IMO it's s great design. A bit busy looking maybe, but remove the blue bodysuit beneath, the bracelet blades and shoulder pads and it's easily her best design yet.
    The problem is that if you remove all those things you pointed out, you pretty much end up with the swimsuit. In which case, might as well just ditch this design entirely.

The problem is that if you remove all those things you pointed out, you pretty much end up with the swimsuit. In which case, might as well just ditch this design entirely.
    Still got the random V-skirt around the crotch area.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post

I disagree with the word 'unnecessary'

Seriously, though, it is not only overly busy, it's nonsensical. A blue bodysuit *and* thigh high boots? A skin-tight torso with tails in the back and the infamous 'V is for Vagina' pointless loincloth in the front? No armor except the trim around the waist and cleavage? Pointed shoulder guards?

And don't get me started on the Wolverine wannabe blades.

No offense, but it isn't a great design, it just adds a lot of unnecessary and uncomfortable looking elements that serve no purpose, hinder movement, and highlight her gender.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

The whole bodysuit doesn't have to go, just the top part, the pants underneath could stay. And I personally like the V skirt as much as the current skirt she uses anyway.

But as I said, even without removing those things, I really don't think it's a bad costume. Of the three things I listed, only the wrist blades and the shoulder pads are a definite no, but the blue bodysuit look overall is a nice modest look (and this is coming from someone who would love to have the bathing suit back).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I disagree with the word 'unnecessary'

Seriously, though, it is not only overly busy, it's nonsensical. A blue bodysuit *and* thigh high boots? A skin-tight torso with tails in the back and the infamous 'V is for Vagina' pointless loincloth in the front? No armor except the trim around the waist and cleavage? Pointed shoulder guards?

And don't get me started on the Wolverine wannabe blades.

No offense, but it isn't a great design, it just adds a lot of unnecessary and uncomfortable looking elements that serve no purpose, hinder movement, and highlight her gender.
    How does any of that stuff highlight her gender though? How is a more modest costume somehow highlighting her gender, rather than the opposite?

And when did Finch ever say that the V flap was for vagina? I'm pretty sure fans just jump to that conclusion in their own.

As I said, it seems to get a lot of unnecessary hate of of things people assumed or blew out if proportion. And I feel like if wasn't for the wrist blades (cause as Wonderfans we hate how much they keep pushing her as violent and forget she already has her lasso), people wouldn't have reacted as badly as they did.
    Last edited by Marik Swift; 10-19-2020 at 12:11 PM.