Page 201 of 440 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 6591
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought Rucka and Simone started to find interesting things to with Steve and Etta, while largely keeping in the confines Perez established, though as is usual with WW that got tossed out because DC wanted a new direction.
    Simone did with Etta at least, though mostly by writing her as if she was original Holliday Girl Etta as an adult. Which didn't completely mesh with what came before, but it was superior to that hardly matters

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Simone did with Etta at least, though mostly by writing her as if she was original Holliday Girl Etta as an adult. Which didn't completely mesh with what came before, but it was superior to that hardly matters
    Well, Etta's different characterization can be explained. Considering that Infinite Crisis restored Diana as a founding member of JLA they essentially soft-rebooted her entire Post-COEI continuity.

I want Dc to being Holliday Girls back. There were suppose to be Diana’s army. I know some of you don’t like Gateway. but the simple fact that Diana could already have trained warriors could work. That maybe Athena is running Holliday College and she selected Holliday girls

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I want Dc to being Holliday Girls back. There were suppose to be Diana’s army. I know some of you don’t like Gateway. but the simple fact that Diana could already have trained warriors could work. That maybe Athena is running Holliday College and she selected Holliday girls
    Doesn’t Batman already get enough flak for his own child soldier recruitment policy.

I mean unlike Batman I would say they would get some Amazonian training. Also it’s not like they are kids

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think Diana's army should be Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Nubia, Peng Deilan, Yara Flor and various Amazons like Io, Atalanta, Antiope, Maggie, Mala, etc.

I do like the concept of the Holliday Girls though but also the Wonder Scouts and Athenian Women's Shelters. A lot could be done with all three from a political point of view. It's basically Wonder Woman influencing children, college age and adult women and her enemies wouldn't like that at all.

Is it controversial to say that Eric Luke's run doesn't get enough love? Ofc I'll probably take that back as soon as someone brings up the pining-for-Kal dream issue...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Is it controversial to say that Eric Luke's run doesn't get enough love? Ofc I'll probably take that back as soon as someone brings up the pining-for-Kal dream issue...
    I didn't read the run, but didn't he bring back Villainy Inc? Was that return successful? I'm assuming not.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard really anyone talk about it all, let alone in positive or negative terms.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard really anyone talk about it all, let alone in positive or negative terms.
    I liked Eric Luke's run a lot, he gave us the Wonder Dome and Devastation.

Not sure if particularly controversial here, but think with this current run I dislike Max Lord more than Jason by this point.

Not sure if particularly controversial here, but think with this current run I dislike Max Lord more than Jason by this point.
    He hasn't reached Jason levels of annoyance for me but I am not a fan of his presence.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I didn't read the run, but didn't he bring back Villainy Inc? Was that return successful? I'm assuming not.
    Phil Jimenez did that during his run with Villainy Inc, though Luke did use Doctor Poison. Luke did more with the Titans as villains, introduced Devastation, and some great work with Artemis mentoring Cassie in her role as Wonder Girl. He also introduced a very short-lived potential love interest for Diana - Rama Chandra. The run has some beautiful Yanick Paquette art too at times.

I'm not sure if it was successful sales-wise, and it's still never been collected. The back issues are also notoriously expensive primarily I think due to their beautiful Adam Hughes covers.

Edit: this is in response to Koriand'r! Reply fail

Me tooooo. There was a sort of melancholy to Diana in his run that I kind of enjoyed, which came through in how she removed herself to the Dome. I also really enjoyed his use of Artemis.

I know Devastation suffered a little from coming back too many times in a short run, but she was super interesting. I remember thinking that Simone's Genocide owed a lot to ideas introduced for Deva too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I liked Eric Luke's run a lot, he gave us the Wonder Dome and Devastation.
    I’d hope it gets a reprint collection some day, seems it’s the only run from Vol 2 that hasn’t been collected in some form.