Page 202 of 440 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’d hope it gets a reprint collection some day, seems it’s the only run from Vol 2 that hasn’t been collected in some form.
    Yeah me too. I feel a lot more hopeful for this now they're collecting the Messner-Loebs run in it's entirety. Even that really strange Brian K Vaughn 2-parter from Vol 2 is in a collection somewhere at this point.

Sidebar, I hadn't actually realised that the Nubia (or was she called Nu'bia at that point?) appearances that come during Luke's run weren't actually written by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not sure if particularly controversial here, but think with this current run I dislike Max Lord more than Jason by this point.
    Probably controversial to say that I somehow endured through all of Jason's appearances despite really disliking that run, yet somehow just three issues of Max Lord in Tamaki's run had me dropping the title. I guess global events have just worn my patience much thinner...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Yeah me too. I feel a lot more hopeful for this now they're collecting the Messner-Loebs run in it's entirety. Even that really strange Brian K Vaughn 2-parter from Vol 2 is in a collection somewhere at this point.

Sidebar, I hadn't actually realised that the Nubia (or was she called Nu'bia at that point?) appearances that come during Luke's run weren't actually written by him.
    I would love an Absolute Wonder Woman for the Phil Jimenez, MessnerLoeb, John Byrne, Eric Luke, and especially the Greg Rucka's run

I also liked Luke's run. Devastation and Wonder Dome were cool, the art was pretty and I still think Rama was the most interesting love interest she ever had. But the Rogues Gallery was almost completely absent in his run which was disappointing.

Hey, here's a weird and, to many, controversial opinion;
    The 1974 Cathy Lee Crosby starring Wonder Woman tele-film is actually pretty decent! I challenge all who have nostalgia for old 70s shows to give it a watch, if you can. The dialogue is witty, and Diana, as a character, is written and acted pretty on-point! It's written as a spy-adventure story, and I appreciated that Wonder Woman is this unbeatable spy who is whispered about in the criminal underworld.

Is it a weird movie? Yes! Is the character Wonder Woman physically miscast? Yes. But it's all there, in it's own way! The Island (never named), The Queen Mother bidding her daughter farewell to fight injustice in the world of man, Amazons who salute each other by clanking their braclets when they grasp arms, Steve, a CRAZY super-hero/airline attendant costume with grappling hook bracelets and a hidden lasso in the belt buckle....

I could go on, but I won't. When I work on art, I like to have Wonder Woman content on in the background, so I threw on the DVD, which I did pay money for years ago, but had yet to watch. I found myself actually entertained, and found that, on it's own, it's a fun "Elseworlds" type/multi-verse Wonder Woman!

Thoughts?

Cheers!
    **=w=**

I didn’t care that much for Etta Candy in the Earth One books. Of GA Etta Candy revisits, I preferred LoWW.

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Hey, here's a weird and, to many, controversial opinion;
    The 1974 Cathy Lee Crosby starring Wonder Woman tele-film is actually pretty decent! I challenge all who have nostalgia for old 70s shows to give it a watch, if you can. The dialogue is witty, and Diana, as a character, is written and acted pretty on-point! It's written as a spy-adventure story, and I appreciated that Wonder Woman is this unbeatable spy who is whispered about in the criminal underworld.

Is it a weird movie? Yes! Is the character Wonder Woman physically miscast? Yes. But it's all there, in it's own way! The Island (never named), The Queen Mother bidding her daughter farewell to fight injustice in the world of man, Amazons who salute each other by clanking their braclets when they grasp arms, Steve, a CRAZY super-hero/airline attendant costume with grappling hook bracelets and a hidden lasso in the belt buckle....

I could go on, but I won't. When I work on art, I like to have Wonder Woman content on in the background, so I threw on the DVD, which I did pay money for years ago, but had yet to watch. I found myself actually entertained, and found that, on it's own, it's a fun "Elseworlds" type/multi-verse Wonder Woman!

Thoughts?

Cheers!
    **=w=**
    I rewatched it just last weekend for the first time since I was little, and thought it was enjoyable and hilarious in all the sweetest ways. I think calling it an Elseworlds is a really fun way to think of it.

One element I enjoy is Ahnjayla (a spelling of that name I have not seen anywhere else). Honestly I am an absolute sucker for the occasional Amazon antagonist for Diana - I think its really interesting to tell stories where a nation of women aren't necessarily all of one mind even if they have lived in isolation for so long (though I stop short of that meaning a perpetual state of conflict or requiring over-simplified characterisation). Sure, Ahnjayla's motivations are pretty basic, but I enjoyed the implied backstory between the two of them, and Diana treating her with compassion even through their battle (which is spot-on Diana characterisation). I'd have enjoyed learning more about their relationship.

I could do without both the male antagonists having to comment on finding Diana so attractive all the time, but with Abner Smith at least a lot of it is also played as mutual admiration and makes for some fun back and forth and a classic spy-fi vibe.

It's much more fun than I think I'd given it credit for before. Not exactly essential viewing, and I'm sure people with no patience for 70s shows might struggle with it, but definitely good fun.

You guess think we will ever get a TV show for Diana ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guess think we will ever get a TV show for Diana ?
    Not until the current Gal Gadot movies are done and over with. That’s why the new Wonder Girl show will fill that void.

Wonder Woman is hard to do a prequel like show like Krypton, Gotham and Pennyworth. Though I’ve hard the suggestion of using a prequel Cheetah show. Which would be like Relic Hunter or Tomb Raider.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-24-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not until the current Gal Gadot movies are done and over with. That’s why the new Wonder Girl show will fill that void.

Wonder Woman is hard to do a prequel like show like Krypton, Gotham and Pennyworth. Though I’ve hard the suggestion of using a prequel Cheetah show. Which would be like Relic Hunter or Tomb Raider.
    How is it hard? Just focus on the Amazons before Diana is born.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is it hard? Just focus on the Amazons before Diana is born.
    I honestly think it would be easier than Gotham...the gods and deities Wonder Woman faces would have existed well before Diana and would have easily made sense antagonizing Amazons, where Diana's more science fiction based villains (that barely get use) came into the fold after Wonder Woman shows up. It is actually easier than Gotham, where more of the costumed criminals started appearing prior to Batman's existence which didn't make all that much sense.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I honestly think it would be easier than Gotham...the gods and deities Wonder Woman faces would have existed well before Diana and would have easily made sense antagonizing Amazons, where Diana's more science fiction based villains (that barely get use) came into the fold after Wonder Woman shows up. It is actually easier than Gotham, where more of the costumed criminals started appearing prior to Batman's existence which didn't make all that much sense.
    Yes, there is comparatively MUCH more going on in Wonder Woman's mythos than Batman's that a prequel makes sense.

With Gotham I never had any interest, as all his villains would be retirement age by the time he fights them.

I never cared for the technologically advanced Amazons and I think Perez actually made a good decision by going full fantasy with Themiscyra.

Extraordinary Member

Donna and Cassie should be pansexual/bi like Diana, Hippolyta and Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Donna and Cassie should be pansexual/bi like Diana, Hippolyta and Artemis.
    Donna/Kory and Cassie/Cissie King are fairly popular pairings on ao3 and tumblr already.