Page 204 of 440 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 6590
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Was that the reason they gave? I thought it was because Bruce Timm loved projecting himself onto Batman to live out his horny geek fantasies.
    See, I think he does that with Batgirl. I never got the idea he cared about Wonder Woman either.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    See, I think he does that with Batgirl. I never got the idea he cared about Wonder Woman either.
    The more time goes by, the more I'm convinced the greatness of DCAU Batgirl was down to others like Dini than Timm and his only contribution was the weird affair.

TKJ being all him and Azzarello and her kind of sucking even outside of the sex scene lends more credence to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The more time goes by, the more I'm convinced the greatness of DCAU Batgirl was down to others like Dini than Timm and his only contribution was the weird affair.

TKJ being all him and Azzarello and her kind of sucking even outside of the sex scene lends more credence to this.
    I don't want to discredit Timm too much, he clearly had a big influence on the look of these shows and some narrative design. He strikes me as one of those dudes who needs someone to help refine his ideas because unrestrained it goes really weird. It got worse as time went on and at this point I think he's long overstayed his welcome. Butchering Killing Joke (which I'm admittedly not as in love with as others) should have been the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Phil Jimenez's run came across to me as meh fan fiction with lots of on-the-nose fanservice (his art was gorgeous though).
    What was fanfic about it?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't want to discredit Timm too much, he clearly had a big influence on the look of these shows and some narrative design. He strikes me as one of those dudes who needs someone to help refine his ideas because unrestrained it goes really weird. It got worse as time went on and at this point I think he's long overstayed his welcome. Butchering Killing Joke (which I'm admittedly not as in love with as others) should have been the last straw.
    Yeah this seems right. His influence can't be denied, but I think the collaboration with those other guys is what helped make it great.

Same with the likes of Joss Whedon and George Lucas I think

Batgirl definitely stands out but they did seem to have just about every woman who wasn’t in a relationship with someone else crush on Bruce: Lois in the World’s Finest crossover and besides Diana, I think even Cheetah and Circe were depicted eyeing him up in JL/JLU.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's almost blasphemy, he was one of the best Post-Crisis writers. I'd rank him third behind Perez and Rucka.
    I am glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Batgirl definitely stands out but they did seem to have just about every woman who wasn’t in a relationship with someone else crush on Bruce: Lois in the World’s Finest crossover and besides Diana, I think even Cheetah and Circe were depicted eyeing him up in JL/JLU.
    Yup. Batman was their self-insert waifu magnet. It was kind of pathetic, to be honest.

She wasn't simply eyeing him up, Batman was straight-up making out with Cheetah!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    She wasn't simply eyeing him up, Batman was straight-up making out with Cheetah!
    And to think Cheetah only survived that episode because of an animation error.

We take those.

I kinda wish they did kill her off. Then at least they could've replaced her with a new (better) Cheetah in JLU, instead of being stuck with that sucky one. I don't even consider that "Cheetah" to be Barbara Minerva, they literally had nothing in common besides the name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Phil Jimenez's run came across to me as meh fan fiction with lots of on-the-nose fanservice (his art was gorgeous though).
    He killed off Hippolyta in an editor influenced story in the best way possible. That wasn’t fanficcy.

Looking back, I do admit I may have been harder on William Marston's ideas than he deserved. I do think there is a bit too much reverence for his status quo from fans and high profile writers but I do think some of the things he did have merit. One of them being the Amazons having fighting style that granted superpowers. I do like it because it reminds me of shonen manga and anime I enjoy and it's a fairly simple explanation for how Donna would get powers (even if Marston didn't create Donna and likely never would have).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He killed off Hippolyta in an editor influenced story in the best way possible. That wasn’t fanficcy.
    There's also making Vanessa Silver Swan and abolishing the monarchy. Jiminez did more to push the Wonder Woman mythos forward in a grand and natural way than most writers.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Doctor Cyber should become a bigger thorn in Diana’s side. Become Diana’s Brainiac.