Page 212 of 440 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 6586
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

There are enough threads talking about WW84. How's that for controversial?

Geoff Johns is in love with the idea that Diana tries ice cream for her first taste of man's world's good qualities but the movie dunked on it so hard in giving us a better version of it with her losing it over a baby-- and that's my preferred take. I would prefer if the first thing of man's world that really captivates Diana is something born of men and women working together-- a child-- than a processed, manufactured confectionery. The former reinforces something she's about-- a harmonious world where love prospers. The latter is something sweet and fleeting that otherwise has no value.

Drop the ice cream bit and replace it with the reaction she had to the baby in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    There are enough threads talking about WW84. How's that for controversial?

Geoff Johns is in love with the idea that Diana tries ice cream for her first taste of man's world's good qualities but the movie dunked on it so hard in giving us a better version of it with her losing it over a baby-- and that's my preferred take. I would prefer if the first thing of man's world that really captivates Diana is something born of men and women working together-- a child-- than a processed, manufactured confectionery. The former reinforces something she's about-- a harmonious world where love prospers. The latter is something sweet and fleeting that otherwise has no value.

Drop the ice cream bit and replace it with the reaction she had to the baby in the movie.
    I never really minded the scene in the comics though the movie was the first time I thought it worked for what it was going for. Probably because it was fairly brief and probably works better acted out than read.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think that Frank Castle bit is important since most discussions, unsurprising given how hyperbolic arguments on the internet among nerds can get, I've seen usually treat killing among superheroes as either you never do it regardless of circumstances or you have a black and white morality that would make even the Punisher even raise an eyebrow.
    I find the use of the Punisher as an odd choice since, while he does kill people, he doesn't actually condone killing people just because they're criminals as a general rule. 'cause like you said "hyperbolic arguments" tend to pick out the worst things he's ever done and are used by people who didn't read enough of the character's history to even understand why those points are exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I find the use of the Punisher as an odd choice since, while he does kill people, he doesn't actually condone killing people just because they're criminals as a general rule. 'cause like you said "hyperbolic arguments" tend to pick out the worst things he's ever done and are used by people who didn't read enough of the character's history to even understand why those points are exceptional.
    The difference is that he outright murders criminals. He goes in with the intent of executing them. Diana doesn't. That's where I was making a big distinction between them.

Absolutely, Frank sees himself as one who pays evil unto evil whereas when Diana kills, I think she sees it as resolving a conflict that refused any peaceful measure.

My two controversial is Diana shouldn't be the only kid. That Diana while still being a kid found Donna. In terms of other Amazon children they should like Donna just be adopted kids. In terms of why men can't be on the Island could be easily be due to the doom gate. Not due to the Amazons themselves
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-04-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My two controversial is Diana shouldn't be the only kid. That Diana while still being a kid found Donna. In terms of other Amazon children they should like Donna just be adopted kids. In terms of why men can't be on the Island could be easily be due to the doom gate. Not due to the Amazons themselves
    That's an interesting thing. in many versions the gods who are patrons of Paradise Island do in fact guide shipwrecked girls to the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The difference is that he outright murders criminals. He goes in with the intent of executing them. Diana doesn't. That's where I was making a big distinction between them.

Absolutely, Frank sees himself as one who pays evil unto evil whereas when Diana kills, I think she sees it as resolving a conflict that refused any peaceful measure.
    Well yeah sometimes Frank doesn't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well yeah sometimes Frank doesn't even try.
    Just another mango Monday.

Between Trinity shipping and the amount of times she's been thrown under the bus for their development in various stories (both mainline and elseworld), Diana would be better off not being particularly close to Clark or Bruce as friends.

I haaaaaaaate when people refer to Hippolyte/a as " Polly"

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    ::insert Sutherland screaming face here::

In or out of universe? It'd be funny to see Circe do that just to annoy her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Between Trinity shipping and the amount of times she's been thrown under the bus for their development in various stories (both mainline and elseworld), Diana would be better off not being particularly close to Clark or Bruce as friends.
    Hard pass for me, but I still totally get where you're coming from.

I'd hate to let the bad takes ruin the Trinity friendship, but they do get grating.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hard pass for me, but I still totally get where you're coming from.

I'd hate to let the bad takes ruin the Trinity friendship, but they do get grating.
    Fair enough, I guess the bad takes do stand out more as they tend to be more recent-ish so why they stick in the brain.

I don't see it as often but I never did see Hippolyta as someone who would like a nickname, bit too regal.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Wonder Woman's movie costume is amazing...except for one thing: it should have straps or a full coverage top. The top should be more Gladiator armor and less Playboy Bunny bustier. So should the comic book main costume.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Wonder Woman's movie costume is amazing...except for one thing: it should have straps or a full coverage top. The top should be more Gladiator armor and less Playboy Bunny bustier. So should the comic book main costume.
    While I also think its amazing....I can agree. After seeing so many different costumes on the Amazons...WW always somehow comes out with the weakest one. Hippolytas costume if reworked for the WW look..would be amazing.