Page 22 of 440 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

What do you guys think. Paradise Island being hidden or just a unmapped island? One thing I been thinking about is what if it was half? That some Amazons leave the island more so due to their job of protecting the outside world. Like a demon gets out or maybe transformation island could be half and half. Some shipwrecks have found their way there and they heal people

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think. Paradise Island being hidden or just a unmapped island? One thing I been thinking about is what if it was half? That some Amazons leave the island more so due to their job of protecting the outside world. Like a demon gets out or maybe transformation island could be half and half. Some shipwrecks have found their way there and they heal people
    I think that Themyscira, the Rock of Eternity, and Fate's Tower ought to be the securest locations in the DC Universe. So the hidden, elsewhere/elsewhen nature is my favorite.

I prefer it being hidden at first and then being revealed after Diana's origin story and the Amazons trying to reintegrate into the outside world.

Boisterously Confused

Whether by magic, technology, or some combination, I've always wanted to have the island situated somewhere in the South Atlantic, but partially removed from our reality in a dimensional fold. It wouldn't be utterly inaccessible, but extremely difficult to find the entrance.

Part of the island’s appeal to me is that it’s hidden, with Diana, Donna, and Cassie being able to access it. If the latter two get some stories connecting them to the Amazons again.

I like that it has this protection, because then it’s a conscious choice if and when and how often the Amazons want to be involved in and share their culture with Man’s World. I’d love to see that debate happen in the Amazon senate in a future issue. And, it should be a very BIG DEAL if Diana’s adversaries ever find a way to locate and access it. (I have several stories percolating about that and none of them have to do with the gods.)

It’s a shame that we’ve nearly lost all the individual Amazons that Marston, Perez, Rucka, and Jimenez introduced as interesting supporting characters - I’d change that in a heartbeat too.

I like the idea that Paradise island(and surrounding islands) exists in a magically displaced pocket dimension. To those denied access, it's simply empty ocean. If Batman tries to use one of his orbital surveillance satellites, he sees nothing. Perhaps a little too much nothing, but nothing. You just can't enter unless you're invited. If invited you can see it and approach it normally. Also... "invited" requires their patron deity to allow access.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I like the idea that for hundreds of years, Themyscira was simply located at the center of the Bermuda Triangle in the Navel of the World where no Man had ever ventured and only the Amazons knew how to navigate those waters. Eventually, they built an invisible dome around it and raised it out of the ocean so PI is a floating island that floats above the clouds now

What about transformation island? I mean Diana already for many years had her enemies visiting the island. Is there a way to also transformation island work still in Wonder Woman?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like the idea that Paradise island(and surrounding islands) exists in a magically displaced pocket dimension. To those denied access, it's simply empty ocean. If Batman tries to use one of his orbital surveillance satellites, he sees nothing. Perhaps a little too much nothing, but nothing. You just can't enter unless you're invited. If invited you can see it and approach it normally. Also... "invited" requires their patron deity to allow access.
    Thing is, you don't want it to be utterly inaccessible. It needs to leave room for Steve Trevor to blunder into it, and for the occasional menace to threaten it.

I have been thinking. Why not have the Amazons have some alliances? I mean like Clea? Or at least before Clea. That Clea is the reason why she wants to take over a neighbor city. She cuts off their support from the other seven seas kingdoms. She was suppose to be queen until Arthur comes.

I like the idea that you can leave Paradise Island anyway you want. You can fly away, you can get on a boat and sail off, you can jump in the water and swim if you wanted, but you can only get to it in a certain way.

I think the way to get back should be a key. For example, maybe an Amazonian symbol. What should the key be?

Boisterously Confused

I think the way to get back should be a key. For example, maybe an Amazonian symbol. What should the key be?
    Wonder Woman's stylized eagle, of course.

Should it be a bit difficult for anyone but Diana to go to the island? I mean it kind of seems easy for anyone to just take her breastplate.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I think it should be hidden, like Gorilla City, but some people can happen across it from time to time.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com