Page 23 of 440 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should it be a bit difficult for anyone but Diana to go to the island? I mean it kind of seems easy for anyone to just take her breastplate.
    I was thinking more like it's a symbol that you have to draw, maybe on one of a pair of specific reefs that you have to sail between to traverse the dimensional fold.

Do they need anything special to draw the symbols? I wonder what do you guys think about the gods appearing physically instead of just using their statues or coming to their believes through dreams
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-12-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Spectacular Member

I have absolutely no idea why any Wonder Woman fan would want her to be in a relationship with Superman, especially long term. I know most Wonder Woman fans also don't agree with it but I just don't get the few that do. Why would you want your hero to be someone else's love interest? Shouldn't Diana have her own love interest and supporting cast rather than be part of Superman's?

I'm not saying you can't be a big WW and like their relationship, I just don't know how.

It’s because Dc has stated both Diana and Clarke are the one of powerful superheroes in Dc

Spectacular Member

Power levels don't make a good relationship and if they were Diana would date Martian Manhunter, the Flash or Green Lantern on a good day instead of Superman.

That’s just how people see it. I rather have Steve and Diana. The problem is how Dc has written Diana’s relationship

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Thing is, you don't want it to be utterly inaccessible. It needs to leave room for Steve Trevor to blunder into it, and for the occasional menace to threaten it.
    Well, it's based on the whims of their patron deity. In theory, you could get in simply by asking nicely. Or the patron saw you and decided you needed the help. Like in the old stories where the patrons would guide children to the island.

You could have some sort of magical tokens(possibly a symbol) that would allow the bearer access. But the tokens work because their patron deity allows them to. Also, it's not necessary to say their patron is always actively choosing to let people in. If a random person shows up with the token they might get in just because they had it and their patron wasn't paying attention. Similarly the patron could curse someone to never get in token or not. Of course this could mean a lot of random people showing up over the years.

Also part of being the champion of Paradise Island is a boon that gives you access just because you're you. This could apply to others as well.

And then there's the guys who are actually good at bypassing magical barriers. This is a very powerful barrier, but everything has limits. Someone like Circe is literally god-tier. Warding against her would take a lot of effort even for a goddess.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, it's based on the whims of their patron deity. In theory, you could get in simply by asking nicely. Or the patron saw you and decided you needed the help. Like in the old stories where the patrons would guide children to the island.

You could have some sort of magical tokens(possibly a symbol) that would allow the bearer access. But the tokens work because their patron deity allows them to. Also, it's not necessary to say their patron is always actively choosing to let people in. If a random person shows up with the token they might get in just because they had it and their patron wasn't paying attention. Similarly the patron could curse someone to never get in token or not. Of course this could mean a lot of random people showing up over the years.

Also part of being the champion of Paradise Island is a boon that gives you access just because you're you. This could apply to others as well.

And then there's the guys who are actually good at bypassing magical barriers. This is a very powerful barrier, but everything has limits. Someone like Circe is literally god-tier. Warding against her would take a lot of effort even for a goddess.
    There's a thought. Perhaps The Patron is simply bored and lets something horrible through just to watch the Amazonian crockery get smashed. That would be a very Greek Mythology thing to do.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks it would be less convoluted if Themyscira were accessible through normal means amd creating these hoops to jump through in order to get there undermines the story's message of reintegration and unity?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seriously, am I the only one who thinks it would be less convoluted if Themyscira were accessible through normal means amd creating these hoops to jump through in order to get there undermines the story's message of reintegration and unity?
    I more prefer the idea that they (possibly a seer or some such) can repel oncoming visitors by controlling the weather surrounding the cloaked island, thereby dissuading others from coming too close. Steve making it on land would then be seen as something of an anomaly that would spark some curiosity in how he made it ashore. Making it something they can control would allow for unity at their own terms and not something forced on them and it wouldn't block Diana off from a big part of her supporting cast.

They still need to be able to hide, otherwise you'll need to explain how they've defended themselves from colonialism and that generally leads most writers into a warlike Amazonian culture and misandry, which is an instant eyeroll from me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think once Diana finds the island again, Themyscira should remain accessible so they can re-work the mythos so the Amazons can start interacting with the outside world again. There should no longer be a complicated way to get there, the main reason to keep it hidden (Ares) is no longer there.

Before that though, it's inaccessible pretty much through story necessity. There's no way they'd remain undiscovered all those centuries unless it was magically hidden, and it now plays a key role in the stories of Cheetah, Cale, Dr. Cyber and Ares's sons.

My controversial Wonder Woman opinion? There aren't enough cowboy stories! This is probably just me, but because she carries a lasso and wears gauntlets (which are both cowboy tools) and rides horses (flying and otherwise) and westerns were popular at the time of her creation and there were Golden Age stories depicting it and Roy Rogers guest starred in the Bushwhackers episode of her tv show, I see a small sliver of Wonder Woman as part of that culture. Give her an invisible peacekeeper and there's a new sheriff in town!

WW COWBOY H.G. Peter horse.jpg

WW COWBOY 5.jpg

WW COWBOY 4.jpg

Question should Diana be able able to make her own weapons? A lot of times it’s always been Diana and the Amazons being given weapons? I mean we know that Diana and the Amazons at one point had their own metals that was one of the strongest metals known to man. So why not have the Amazons and Diana have weapons that can kill even the gods or god like beings

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    My controversial Wonder Woman opinion? There aren't enough cowboy stories! This is probably just me, but because she carries a lasso and wears gauntlets (which are both cowboy tools) and rides horses (flying and otherwise) and westerns were popular at the time of her creation and there were Golden Age stories depicting it and Roy Rogers guest starred in the Bushwhackers episode of her tv show, I see a small sliver of Wonder Woman as part of that culture. Give her an invisible peacekeeper and there's a new sheriff in town!

WW COWBOY H.G. Peter horse.jpg

WW COWBOY 5.jpg

WW COWBOY 4.jpg
    Come to think of it that DID used to be a big thing back in the Golden age. Tied heavily to how Etta Candy was a loud and proud Texan whose father owned a cattle ranch.

We also have a bullfighter in one of the comics