Page 231 of 440 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 6590

Heck, what was the last animated superhero show that wasn't comedic? Young Justice comes from a different era, and Invincible is from netflix. All Marvel and DC do anymore with animated shows is comedy. And Diana could work as a comedy, but the comics don't reflect that. Her mainstream stories are mostly so serious and dire.

Bringing back the original Etta Candy and the Holliday Girls could do her a giant favor in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Fair enough. But I hardly ever see anyone suggesting she do both. It's almost always Diana prioritizing the villains over their victins that is suggested.
    I get what you’re saying and agree to an extent but I’d say part of the thing is victims of DC villains, or villains in superhero comics in general, aren’t really “characters” in a proper sense since most of the time they’re just nameless bodies so it’s easy see why a reader would gloss over them. I think it’s really only when their death count becomes absurd or when villains harm actual characters we care about is when readers consider villains to become irredeemable.

Like I assume Joker has done far worse but stuff like what he’s done to Barbara, Jason, and Tim across comics and other media is what readers usually point to for him being the most irredeemable of the Bat-villains.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Superman hasn't had an animated show since the 90s, unless you count the Legion of the Superheroes in the mid 2000s. The reason why Harley Quinn has a show is the same reason why Deadpool has had scripts for one. They appeal to a meme based Zoomer culture.
    Pretty much this. Ever since Family Guy blew up the network, American animation doubled down on their beliefs that television animation has to be funny. There's so many examples where it isn't, but tell that to the people signing checks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pretty much this. Ever since Family Guy blew up the network, American animation doubled down on their beliefs that television animation has to be funny. There's so many examples where it isn't, but tell that to the people signing checks.
    The regulations concerning Saturday Morning Cartoons in the 90s also did a lot to erode and eventually destroy the incentives of animation, as well. That's why HBO Max is our best bet.

Mighty Member

Yeah American animation is geared toward comedy in the past decade or so. Justice League Action tried to adhere to more lighthearted stories and stuff to appeal to this and they STILL got cancelled. I'm even willing to say that something like Batman the Brave and the Bold wouldn't last that long in this day and age. It's funny as I figure some silver age stupidity could make a decent comedy in this day and age.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Family Guy does tons of references to superheroes, and most of them involving AQ are not flattering----but very funny

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Family Guy does tons of references to superheroes, and most of them involving AQ are not flattering----but very funny
    That literally has nothing to do with what we were discussing. We were discussing the reason why Harley Quinn has an animated show and yet Wonder Woman and Superman don't (nor does Batman). And I was stating that it's because all animated super hero shows right now are comedic, aside from Young Justice (which comes from a different era) and Invincible (which is from netflix). Wonder Woman could be a comedy, but most of her stories since the 80s have been very dramatic and not very funny so there isn't an incentive.

Invincible is from Amazon Prime not Netflix.

The HQ show also isn’t very good from what I’ve seen so if they’re gonna make a WW show, least make it better than that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The HQ show also isn’t very good from what I’ve seen so if they’re gonna make a WW show, least make it better than that.
    To be fair, HQ is an adult comedy and I wouldn't want Wonder Woman to go that route. The subplot of the glass ceiling of supervillainy that they were starting to set up that would be PERFECT and tailor made for Villainy Inc (goofy name and all) seems to have been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nah it's great. It's funny and has great character development. I would much rather watch it than anything on CW or the Titans live action show. Heck, I enjoyed Stargirl but Harley Quinn has less cartoony characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    To be fair, HQ is an adult comedy and I wouldn't want Wonder Woman to go that route. The subplot of the glass ceiling of supervillainy that they were starting to set up that would be PERFECT and tailor made for Villainy Inc (goofy name and all) seems to have been dropped.
    Good point. Harley Quinn is also the Scrappy Doo of DC so that's probably another reason I didn't care for the episodes I sampled.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah it's great. It's funny and has great character development. I would much rather watch it than anything on CW or the Titans live action show. Heck, I enjoyed Stargirl but Harley Quinn has less cartoony characters.
    I'd disagree on that.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-30-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd disagree on that.
    Look at what they did with Kite-man, Poison Ivy and Harley. Specially the last appearance of Kite-man in season 2. These characters talk like real people and evolve gradually and without lots of forced interactions. Whereas Stargirl feels more like a soap in a lot of ways. Not that I'm complaining, I still like Stargirl, but it's very reminiscent of Riverdale for me (I also watched Riverdale at first). Specially the redemption arcs.

The HQ show is actually really well done and well written. I always enjoy watching an episode from time to time.

But, I have to say I'm not interested in a WW animated show in the current state this character is in right now.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor