Page 232 of 440 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    The HQ show is actually really well done and well written. I always enjoy watching an episode from time to time.

But, I have to say I'm not interested in a WW animated show in the current state this character is in right now.
    Yeah, I'd be more interested in a Mod Era Wonder Woman animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    THEM! is built to be a major villain and it turns out that its just a beauty shop owned by 3 lesbians in a polly relationship.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

THEM! is built to be a major villain and it turns out that its just a beauty shop owned by 3 lesbians in a polly relationship.
    Then what are they waiting for? Animate this already, WB!!!

On another note, people pretending that power and action that shows off that power aren't important don't really understand the comic genre in my eyes.

Then what are they waiting for? Animate this already, WB!!!
    You know.... that actually isn't a terrible idea for a revamp. The shop would be named THEM and it is own by 3 lesbians, they aren't villains, just minor side characters in the Wondy universe, maybe they make Wondergirl's OG costume? IDK just spit balling here.

On another note, people pretending that power and action that shows off that power aren't important don't really understand the comic genre in my eyes.
    Who's pretending? I think it's important, I just like character for other stuff besides that.

Or is liking the character for other reasons besides how hard she can hit suddenly not valid?

Incredible Member

But, I have to say I'm not interested in a WW animated show in the current state this character is in right now.
    Isn't this one of the best period's the character has ever had: 2 live-action films, the leader of two different teams, a popular new Wonder Girl with her own title and even had a proposed tv show, Nubia and the Amazons announced, and 2 recent animated films if you include Justice Society. The Believe in Wonder Campaign and she's had several recent graphic novels with more announced and one yet to be announced in Historia. That's not even mentioning all the new merchandise the character is getting like her board game, a jewelry line, and a new athletic line with Venus Williams.

This "current state" seems like a pretty successful one, and it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon.

Mighty Member

You know, after watching the animated movie "Batman Soul of the Dragon", I was wondering if it would be cool to do a period piece of the Mod Era... have Dr. Cyber (Pre-Crisis) as the villain. It'd kind of be like a James Bond flick

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, after watching the animated movie "Batman Soul of the Dragon", I was wondering if it would be cool to do a period piece of the Mod Era... have Dr. Cyber (Pre-Crisis) as the villain. It'd kind of be like a James Bond flick
    While it isnt something I wouldnt mind down the line, id rather it be present day starting out. WWs first tv show was set in the past, her movies are set in the past, her first major animated series needs to break the mold imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    While it isnt something I wouldnt mind down the line, id rather it be present day starting out. WWs first tv show was set in the past, her movies are set in the past, her first major animated series needs to break the mold imo.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t mind something like B:TAS or S:TAS where it takes design elements from the past so it’s hard place but I wouldn’t want another period piece.

Who's pretending? I think it's important, I just like character for other stuff besides that.

Or is liking the character for other reasons besides how hard she can hit suddenly not valid?
    You know that's not what I meant, but my statement wasn't directed towards anyone specifically, just a general thought I've been having.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I meant for an animated movie rather than a series, as that would be the best place to do the Mod Era, as a one off elseworlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn’t mind something like B:TAS or S:TAS where it takes design elements from the past so it’s hard place but I wouldn’t want another period piece.
    Oh yeah, taking elements to make a "present past" like how BTAS had the whole art deco theme.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Isn't this one of the best period's the character has ever had: 2 live-action films, the leader of two different teams, a popular new Wonder Girl with her own title and even had a proposed tv show, Nubia and the Amazons announced, and 2 recent animated films if you include Justice Society. The Believe in Wonder Campaign and she's had several recent graphic novels with more announced and one yet to be announced in Historia. That's not even mentioning all the new merchandise the character is getting like her board game, a jewelry line, and a new athletic line with Venus Williams.

This "current state" seems like a pretty successful one, and it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon.
    All good things not taking that away, but how well were those projects? The first film has general good reviews and only struggled in the 3 act, but was it the best WW we could have gotten, no not to me. I'm not about to start a huge discussion about WW84, I think it was mostly bad and that's it. JL: Dark was great and probably the best portrayal of the character as a leader, JSA Wondy was meh at best. I reserve judgement on Yara till I see her in her own book more, and not playing support to the League or the new Superman. the GN had fine messages but the over all consensus from what I understand is that those stories didn't NEED Diana, they could have replaced Diana with Batgirl or Nightwing and the story would be the same. Merchandise is always a good thing, all of DC's major properties should have merch. Historia looks great and I'm going to buy it, but that's it TBH it just looks great, we don't know how KSD is gonna write it or how well. and Nubia and the Amazons haven't even had previews of the art, relax Im happy for the announcement but I'm holding my breath for the actual product.

When the discussipn is just should Diana be stronger than X we're not really discussing action. I don't care if Diana can lift 6 trucks or just 3. But I posted in the respect thread a scene where Diana holds together a spaceship as she rides it. It's not the strength level that matters, it's what she actually does.

I would love a panel where Diana is trying to knock some sense into cheetah so she ties them to each other with the lasso and just starts running around smacking her into diferent things like when Miles is tied to a train with Peter Parker unconscious in Into The Spiderverse. It doesn't matter how strong Diana is exactly in this scenario.
    Last edited by Alpha; 04-30-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Is there a place in time when you think Diana was doing better? Even her current comic only has 2 issues out but I'm already loving it, and since the Wonder Girl book will be by the same artist and writer as the Future State, we can expect it to be of the same quality, which means it should be one of the funnest books DC has.