Page 233 of 440 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 6590
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When the discussipn is just should Diana be stronger than X we're not really discussing action. I don't care if Diana can lift 6 trucks or just 3. But I posted in the respect thread a scene where Diana holds together a spaceship as she rides it. It's not the strength level that matters, it's what she actually does.

I would love a panel where Diana is trying to knock some sense into cheetah so she ties them to each other with the lasso and just starts running around smacking her into diferent things like when Miles is tied to a train with Peter Parker unconscious in Into The Spiderverse. It doesn't matter how strong Diana is exactly in this scenario.
    Power levels do matter. I don't want WW to just be strong. I want her to be super crazy strong like in her original run.

Look at what they did with Kite-man, Poison Ivy and Harley. Specially the last appearance of Kite-man in season 2. These characters talk like real people and evolve gradually and without lots of forced interactions.
    So do the Stargirl characters. The thing with Kite-Man, Ivy and Harley is actually the exception when it comes to the show not the norm. For most of the series these characters are as cartoonish as they come. Especially Jim Gordon and Sharkman.

Whereas Stargirl feels more like a soap in a lot of ways. Not that I'm complaining, I still like Stargirl, but it's very reminiscent of Riverdale for me (I also watched Riverdale at first). Specially the redemption arcs.
    What redemption arcs?

Mighty Member

When the discussipn is just should Diana be stronger than X we're not really discussing action. I don't care if Diana can lift 6 trucks or just 3. But I posted in the respect thread a scene where Diana holds together a spaceship as she rides it. It's not the strength level that matters, it's what she actually does.

I would love a panel where Diana is trying to knock some sense into cheetah so she ties them to each other with the lasso and just starts running around smacking her into diferent things like when Miles is tied to a train with Peter Parker unconscious in Into The Spiderverse. It doesn't matter how strong Diana is exactly in this scenario.

One of my favorite Wonder Woman fights in animation was more about the techniques she used than about how much she could bench. Look at her moves, sure she could just take the blows and pummel through, but that’s not all that interesting to me.

It's entirely possible to show Diana as both powerful and skilled. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's entirely possible to show Diana as both powerful and skilled. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Yup, I don't see why this isn't just the norm or that people seem to think you can't have both.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Villains don't need to be stagnant since their creation, we had an entire thread to revamp some, and while I love that people have amazing ideas on how to update them for a modern audience, we don't see a lot of discussion about giving them a power boost. A Hero is only as powerful as their Villains after all, so I think we need to be aware that if Diana's villains remain as they are in terms of power, we're going to keep getting stories like The Mask revamp or the Blue Snowman story or other stories found in recent Sensation Comics where Diana could be replaced by street levelers or lower mid-tier heroes and its just not exciting or note worthy. In short, her villains are good, but they can be better.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Amazing Member

Is saying that Steve Trevor is a completely useless character, Controversial?

I just cant understand the character, in every story he seems like a different character.
    From being goofy, to being super serious, being cheeky but then in others he is polite as hell.
    He seems so very generic, your typical picture of the american soldier/agent etc.

His only reason for existence seems to be so that someone can write a love story involving Diana.

So do the Stargirl characters. The thing with Kite-Man, Ivy and Harley is actually the exception when it comes to the show not the norm. For most of the series these characters are as cartoonish as they come. Especially Jim Gordon and Sharkman.

What redemption arcs?
    The telepathic kid that starts out as a bully abused by his father. And I don't think you can call the three main characters exceptions. They are they are the rule. The side characters are the exceptions.

The telepathic kid that starts out as a bully abused by his father.
    Not seeing the issue. It was handled better than most redemption arcs we get these days and it isn't like he was so monstrous before that it was unbelievable.

My point was that outside of how the resolved the Kite-Man love triangle, Harley doesn't act particularly believable. She is as cartoonish as you would expect of someone who dresses like a clown and is a murderer.

Nobody is arguing that Diana isn't powerful. What I'm saying is that defining how powerful is useless. There's a graphic novel where Diana defeats the whole League, and the most interesting thing about the story isn't how powerful she is. Diana's strength will always adapt to the situation to make it more interesting.

Maybe that's just me. I never enjoyed those discussions about who would win vs who. Even as a kid I found it boring. It's usually just people babbling on about stats, and rarely do they talk about how tge characters approach combat and create unique solutions.

Not seeing the issue. It was handled better than most redemption arcs we get these days and it isn't like he was so monstrous before that it was unbelievable.

My point was that outside of how the resolved the Kite-Man love triangle, Harley doesn't act particularly believable. She is as cartoonish as you would expect of someone who dresses like a clown and is a murderer.
    Look, I'm not trying to bash Stargirl, I enjoy the show. So I'll just tell people to watch Harley Quinn because it's a surprisingly funny, creative, and has well written characters.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Villains don't need to be stagnant since their creation, we had an entire thread to revamp some, and while I love that people have amazing ideas on how to update them for a modern audience, we don't see a lot of discussion about giving them a power boost. A Hero is only as powerful as their Villains after all, so I think we need to be aware that if Diana's villains remain as they are in terms of power, we're going to keep getting stories like The Mask revamp or the Blue Snowman story or other stories found in recent Sensation Comics where Diana could be replaced by street levelers or lower mid-tier heroes and its just not exciting or note worthy. In short, her villains are good, but they can be better.
    It's very simple, a character lifting 6 trucks or just 3 doesn't make them more more or less appealing. It doesn't matter how strong you make Blue Snowman, unless you have a cool concept of action and story, nothing will make them cool. You can give Diana another Hulk clone but that character will totally fail. The Joker is street level but people still want to see him fight characters like Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post

I just cant understand the character, in every story he seems like a different character.
    From being goofy, to being super serious, being cheeky but then in others he is polite as hell.
    He seems so very generic, your typical picture of the american soldier/agent etc.

His only reason for existence seems to be so that someone can write a love story involving Diana.
    Yeah Steve was alaays the least interesting Wonder Woman character. But there are cool things and interesting stories you could do with him. But honestly, I don't mind if he stays in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I though putting Blue Snowman in a giant mech suit was enough of a power upgrade.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post

Would you prefer Etta Candy crash on Themyscira instead of Steve?