Page 247 of 440 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 6590
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    In Wonder Womans case there is a perfect solution for that right in front of everybodys noses...Wonderbat.
    Bruce is physical weaker, he is technicly "just a man" and their personalitys even each other out.

The disrespect DC shows it in favor for the whole Superman/Wonder Woman "we need to be together because we are superpowered beings" is insane considering how well the justice league cartoon showed, how good Batman and Wonder Woman would be.

A perfect match, the princess and the knight...but i digress.XD

My problem with Steve is that he has no character trait that really has something unique.
    He has no real personality, him being "weaker" than Diana is the only interesting thing i personally see in him.
    Wonderbat is a garbage fire that puts Diana's universe on hold to be Bruce's arm candy until he backslides to Selina and then she's back to having no real love interest of her own. I would rather not relegate Diana to Batman's girlfriend. She needs to build out her own world. Modern Bruce is such a duplicitous bastard and strikes Robin, too, so I don't think Diana would find him appealing in that way. He embodies too much of the ugliness of man to really be the type of person she'd fall in love with. Wonderbat is the nadir of Diana's dating pool.

But hey, they were in the cartoon where nearly every woman threw herself at Bruce so I guess that has to mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    But, I still like her with Steve and definitely don't want her to turn to Batman light with a bunch of flings.
    Her having various relationships doesn't turn them into cheap flings. Or heck, can't Diana have one night stands?
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-09-2021 at 02:26 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wonderbat is a garbage fire that puts Diana's universe on hold to be Bruce's arm candy until he backslides to Selina and then she's back to having no real love interest of her own. I would rather not relegate Diana to Batman's girlfriend. She needs to build out her own world. Modern Bruce is such a duplicitous bastard and strikes Robin, too, so I don't think Diana would find him appealing in that way. He embodies too much of the ugliness of man to really be the type of person she'd fall in love with. Wonderbat is the nadir of Diana's dating pool.

But hey, they were in the cartoon where nearly every woman threw herself at Bruce so I guess that has to mean something.
    Not really sure where this idea comes from, since we havent really seen them actually "dating".
    I can see why this someone might think about Superman and Wonder Woman considering the new 52 literally did that where Diana ended up being relegated to Clarks Love interest.

And i dont know when the last time was you read Batman, but we are not having Frank Miller Batman in Infinite Frontier.
    The Batman we have currently in the DC comics series, is far far away from being such a unhinged or messed up character.

We could get the answer to the question if Wonderbat could work...if DC wouldnt be cowardly and let it play out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think Steve's primary trait should be that he is not intimidated by being with a woman who is more powerful, successful and high profile than him. He shouldn't be a horn dog nor should he be trying to talk her down. As Diana becomes acclimated to Man's World and it's prejudices, she would admire that trait of Steve more and more.

Though, in order for those traits to stand out, he would need a foil. Just like how Lois Lane interacting with paparazzi and less moral reporters reinforces her integrity and why Superman fell for her, Steve needs to be someone who can stand up to an actual misogynist (someone akin to Morrison's Dr Psycho) in order to reinforce why he is worthy of Diana.
    That is a good idea.

Diana being paired with Bruce is just another manifestation of Bat-God. In that it's always portrayed/justified in ways that plays to Batman’s ego (“she’d find him so noble and admirable for pushing himself to his limits”, “Bruce doesn’t have to worry about his enemies!”) and so reduces Wonder Woman to arm candy/cheerleader for Batman. That her having a crush on Batman is the most long-lasting legacy of DCAU Wondy is just evidence to me of how little the creators of those shows cared about her as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    Not really sure where this idea comes from, since we havent really seen them actually "dating".
    I can see why this someone might think about Superman and Wonder Woman considering the new 52 literally did that where Diana ended up being relegated to Clarks Love interest.

And i dont know when the last time was you read Batman, but we are not having Frank Miller Batman in Infinite Frontier.
    The Batman we have currently in the DC comics series, is far far away from being such a unhinged or messed up character.

We could get the answer to the question if Wonderbat could work...if DC wouldnt be cowardly and let it play out.
    What Robanker talked about pretty much happened in Tom King's Batman run where he used Diana in a storyline as a seductress figure to test Bruce's loyalty to Catwoman.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-09-2021 at 05:09 AM.

I honestly don't see the fascination with Diana / Batman, Diana / Superman, Diana / Steve Trevor. Are those really the type of relationships people think would interest a character like Diana at this pointworld, after all this time?

Don't you want to see her date a rich guy that gave up his whole fortune to become the protector of the animal kingdom deep in the forest, and spends his days creating new species of animals with his magical powers?

Or maybe Diana would fall in love with a peaceful goth girl that spends her days visiting people on their last day of life and helping them find inner peace with her company.

Or maybe she would fall in love with someone weirder and extraordinary. Someone with a totally unique experience of the world like Dream Girl, a beautiful alien with plantinum hair that has the gift of precognition and astral projection. A woman that can literally feel the future at every second and is constantly trying to better the real world so that the visions that plague her become those of a good future.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-09-2021 at 07:45 AM.

I jist feel like those 3 examples I just gave are people that would expand her world in exciting directions, things neither Steve nor Clark nor Bruce could give her. And I'm not saying Diana can't have a relationship with normal people, but she already had plenty of those.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I jist feel like those 3 examples I just gave are people that would expand her world in exciting directions, things neither Steve nor Clark nor Bruce could give her. And I'm not saying Diana can't have a relationship with normal people, but she already had plenty of those.
    My unpopular opinion for Diana relationship-wise is I would love an Elseworlds story where Maxwell Lord is the man who lands on Themyscira. A Diana/Max pairing could be interesting in how it forms her initial impression of man's world. Maxiana is a ship I can get behind.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    What Robanker talked about pretty much happened in Tom King's Batman run where he used Diana in a storyline as a seductress figure to test Bruce's loyalty to Catwoman.
    Ah...that, yes not the finest hour...which of course happened thanks to Tom "I wreck the whole DC universe to justify batcat" King.
    I remember how upset many Wonderbat shipper, Wonder Woman, Batman fans were in general with this, because it was such a cheap attempt on all corners and was an insult to not only the characters, also the friendship Bruce and Diana share.

I try to ignore Kings run as much as possible, thats the best one can do.
    It was a mess in terms of how it painted Bruce as character..****** not to hang onto it too much.

Normally the characters are written far better and especially Bruce and Diana have a good chemistry in the Team, they work well together character wise.

Well with Bruce we dont know, because DC never had the guts to try it.
    Outside of a few elseworld stories, some hints here and there...nothing really happened.

Im not saying they should get married or so, hell no.
    I would just like to see it being tried out, see what you can do with it for a while, let the writers play around.

Its not like it hurts anything really, you can act like it never happened in the next relaunch or so, no big deal.
    Look at new 52 Superman/Wonder Woman...horrible as hell, and forgotten.
    Im not even saying to go as all out as they did there, literally doing a Superman/Wonder Woman couple book...just try it out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    My unpopular opinion for Diana relationship-wise is I would love an Elseworlds story where Maxwell Lord is the man who lands on Themyscira. A Diana/Max pairing could be interesting in how it forms her initial impression of man's world. Maxiana is a ship I can get behind.
    Hm, i see the rise of the ship for a while now...the rebirth story with those two seems to have done some to get people behind that.
    Something worth trying out in an Elseworld story yeah, i wouldnt say no to that.

Mighty Member

Or maybe Diana would fall in love with a peaceful goth girl that spends her days visiting people on their last day of life and helping them find inner peace with her company.
    Wait, is that inspired by Death of the Endless :

Her having various relationships doesn't turn them into cheap flings. Or heck, can't Diana have one night stands?
    Speaking as someone who has been down the path of various hook ups, fwb, and one night stands its not good for the mind or soul. Its not the romance or closeness people expect it to be, you feel very alone at times wondering if there is even a point to finding someone to just be in love with. Yeah I met some nice people and I got some great advise on life but we don't talk anymore, you see a few people and then everyone just move on. I'm not going to go into detail, but that's why I think people misunderstand Bruce's play boy persona, its actual not a joke, he is lonely and it hurts, but he's suppose to be "alpha and cool and look how many girls he's with" its just not realistic.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Very controversial option but I wouldn’t mind Diana being in an open relationship with Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Very controversial option but I wouldn’t mind Diana being in an open relationship with Steve.
    I've supported something like this too with Diana, Steve, and Artemis.

Nod to Marston and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I've supported something like this too with Diana, Steve, and Artemis.

Nod to Marston and all that.
    Right?! Like that’s what I’m saying.

(Maybe not with Artemis though, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Right?! Like that’s what I’m saying.

(Maybe not with Artemis though, lol.)
    Diana, Steve, Mala, Orion, and Siggy?

Edit: I don't think open relationships full work, but an elseworld story that's written well would be a nice start.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor