Page 25 of 440 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

I'm curious. In many myths and runs of Wonder Woman.. Hippoltya has her own girdle that makes the amazons unbeatable. How can this be used in a storyline? Should it work outside? What should be the works for it now?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. In many myths and runs of Wonder Woman.. Hippoltya has her own girdle that makes the amazons unbeatable. How can this be used in a storyline? Should it work outside? What should be the works for it now?
    Well, doesn't the girdle tie directly into the 12 labors of Hercules? After all, it was the item he was sent to collect.

I suppose tying that in with Diana in the present day would make for an interesting story, if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, doesn't the girdle tie directly into the 12 labors of Hercules? After all, it was the item he was sent to collect.

I suppose tying that in with Diana in the present day would make for an interesting story, if done right.
    It sort of is. WW is often said to wear magical armor, in particular her bodice. I'm not sure how much creative reinterpretation it takes to surmise they're the same thing, but even if not one could suggest they're at least conceptually similar.

In JL:U WW's bodice was directly stated by Hephaestus to have been made for(and presumably worn by) Hippolyta. So, yeah, same basic concept.

Should Hippolyta on her own be powerful as Diana without the girdle? That her girdle makes her more on god level ?

I'm curious what do you guys think about most reincarnations of Diana have her already born with the powers. But wouldn't it be better if she earned them?

I'm curious what do you guys think about most reincarnations of Diana have her already born with the powers. But wouldn't it be better if she earned them?
    Carol Strickland convinced me, long ago, that we're really missing an important element of Wonder Woman's uniqueness, when writers ignore the Amazon training. I still think she's right. http://carolastrickland.com/comics/w.../dpindex1.html

Maybe, the regular cast needs a character, who happens to be an Amazon, to keep this element in play.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-01-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I miss the amazons training. How should their training look like? I actually had a idea going with the one from the newspaper comic of Diana getting her bracelets at 14. All of her basic training is regular training but her 14 birthday goes to the main temple and will have a training to match her. After this it's Amazonian training.

I miss the amazons training. How should their training look like? I actually had a idea going with the one from the newspaper comic of Diana getting her bracelets at 14. All of her basic training is regular training but her 14 birthday goes to the main temple and will have a training to match her. After this it's Amazonian training.
    I think they should be able to do some things that the Kryptonians can't. I suggested trans-dimensional combat, the ability to slip through dimensions in the middle of a physical confrontation.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

That was something Diana could do. In the golden age she was able to go so far she could go to another dimension I believe. I have always been curious when it comes to mother and daughter. Should Hippolyta be weaker or on par with Diana?

How should Circe be with other villains? Also how can we stop having Cheetah be a henchwoman and actually being a threat and intelligent villains She is very intelligent

How should Circe be with other villains? Also how can we stop having Cheetah be a henchwoman and actually being a threat and intelligent villains She is very intelligent
    Cheetah just needs a well-defined long-term goal which she seems to have right now with her vendetta against the gods. Give her opportunities to show off her archaeology skills and her knowledge of history. It’s not that hard to do.

Circe should be utterly arrogant and dismissive of other villains akin to how Lex and Joker are imo. She’s been alive for centuries, most of these “villains” are like squabbling children to her. I could see her having a grudging respect for maybe Ra’s and Vandal Savage due to their immortal status, and maybe Lex for his overwhelming ambition and lust for power which Circe would view as positive traits. But guys like the Central City Rogues who are just out for cash? Losers. Serial killers like Joker? Manchildren. It takes a lot to impress Circe, you have to be ambitious and willing to play the long game since Circe herself posses both traits and demands those seeking her attention/respect posses them as well.

Boisterously Confused

If she doesnt earn her power, it undermines the whole message of feminine power.

Which is why I kind of have issues with the demi god origin or Perez. I'm curious do you guys think in most stories Diana should be older or younger? By that I mean should she be 18 years old or thousands of years old when she leaves Paradise Island?

By that I mean should she be 18 years old or thousands of years old when she leaves Paradise Island?

Old enough to absolutely be a woman. Old enough to know she cannot be a Princess forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If she doesnt earn her power, it undermines the whole message of feminine power.
    It makes it less strong, but it does not necessarily undermine it. A lot depends on how the Amazons are presented as a group, how Diana's upbringing and time there is presented, and the framing of how she gains her superpowers.

The movie is a good example. While it's clear that Diana's strength and powers mainly comes from being Zeus' daughter, it spends a lot more time showing the Amazons training Diana and imparting their values to her. A lot of the movie is about her working on reconciling her values and her experiences, and finally understanding the advice that her mother gave her in that fighting does not make one a hero.

"Earning" can be done in lots of ways.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])