Page 258 of 440 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 6590
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, I agree I think the current arc is off to a better start than where Wilson started. Which I think I liked her arc more in concept and some moments here and there than it's overall execution.
    The premises for her "Veronica Cale has Nemesis in her basement" and "Diana and Giganta fight giants" were both very good and had me excited. But yeah, the execution was a big let down.

Same with Cheetah killing Aphrodite

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The premises for her "Veronica Cale has Nemesis in her basement" and "Diana and Giganta fight giants" were both very good and had me excited. But yeah, the execution was a big let down.

Yeah, that's the weird thing. Describe her run on paper and it's lot of stuff I'd like (re-uniting with the Amazons, Ares building off not being a villain from Rucka's run, Cheetah killing Aphrodite, team-up with Giganta).

'cept for Queen Grail of Themyscira.

I feel like Cheetah killing Aphrodite bit was also screwed up a bit by the Year of the Villain stuff since Lex had to be involved for some reason...I didn't like when Diana told Cheetah to "crawl back to Luthor" like she's a two-bit goon. Cheetah blackmailing Kale behind Diana's back to trick her sort-of made up for it.

Just let Cheetah just do her own evil schemes in WW books. Justice League is for that villain group project stuff.

Also the subplot of the run was everyone yelling at Diana that she was afraid of her own power...

Like, no guys, Diana has self-control, she always has. (Not counting the berserk mode she use to have when you took her bracers off anyway. )
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-20-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I feel like Cheetah killing Aphrodite bit was also screwed up a bit by the Year of the Villain stuff since Lex had to be involved for some reason...I didn't like when Diana told Cheetah to "crawl back to Luthor" like she's a two-bit goon. Cheetah blackmailing Kale behind Diana's back to trick her sort-of made up for it.

Just let Cheetah just do her own evil schemes in WW books. Justice League is for that villain group project stuff.

Also the subplot of the run was everyone yelling at Diana that she was afraid of her own power...

Like, no guys, Diana has self-control, she always has.
    I know, Lex felt shoehorned in and Diana was a veteran hero of at least 10 years by that point.

She should not be so unconfident. Even as an amnesiac in the current run, she has her crap together more.

I know, Lex felt shoehorned in and Diana was a veteran hero of at least 10 years by that point.

She should not be so unconfident. Even as an amnesiac in the current run, she has her crap together more.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

How does Wonder Woman get crushed to death by a rock? her flesh doesn’t become soft and her bones brittle just because she’s got amnesia

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    How does Wonder Woman get crushed to death by a rock? her flesh doesn’t become soft and her bones brittle just because she’s got amnesia
    She doesn't have any flesh. It's the afterlife.

She doesn't have any flesh. It's the afterlife.
    Then how does one fight, die and resurrect in the afterlife? and how come torture works?

Then how does one fight, die and resurrect in the afterlife? and how come torture works?
    Seems like a question for Norse mythology in general, not just WW's take on it

I'm guessing their soul dissipates when receiving too much damage and the Valkyries can reform their souls back? I mean, they haven't explained that yet so IDK, Diana herself actually said it makes no sense is issue #770.

But the story itself says multiple times that she is in an Afterlife and this is Diana's soul, that her body is dead and any harm she receives is happening to her spirit not her body.

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-20-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Yeah I remember Siggy saying their powers were gone in the Afterlife but then she smashed that rock to smithereens-- right after she was crushed by it. Then she started flying, her powers seem to be coming back so I’m not too sure how that works

Yeah I remember Siggy saying their powers were gone in the Afterlife but then she smashed that rock to smithereens-- right after she was crushed by it. Then she started flying, her powers seem to be coming back so I’m not too sure how that works
    I'm pretty sure it's tied to her memory of her life on Earth. So the more she remembers she's Wonder Woman the more her powers will return.

I'm pretty sure it's tied to her memory of her life on Earth. So the more she remembers she's Wonder Woman the more her powers will return.
    Yeah but according to Siggy, she shouldn’t have any powers in the Afterlife hence why she’s not invulnerable. Except her powers return later on so she does have them after all, they’re just blocked from her memory, in which case she shouldn’t have been crushed to death by a rock, or gotten her head lopped off

Yeah but according to Siggy, she shouldn’t have any powers in the Afterlife hence why she’s not invulnerable. Except her powers return later on so she does have them after all, they’re just blocked from her memory, in which case she shouldn’t have been crushed to death by a rock, or gotten her head lopped off
    Yes they return, but she’s a thought being now right?

So if she thinks she’s just a regular warrior in Valhalla, then she is.

If she thinks she’s Wonder Woman, then she is. So she doesn’t have them by default. She changes depending on who she thinks she is, because she’s a spirit.

At least that’s what I think the writers are going with it. They haven’t explained yet so that’s just my guess. (Hopefully they will explain, that’s not a good thing to leave dangling)

Diana shouldn’t be friends with Clark or Bruce for a variety of reasons but a big one is it means DC just limits her to pretty much only interacting with them in on a consistent basis when it comes to characters outside her own immediate subsection of the DC Universe. Her time on the JLD with Zatanna, Fate, Swamp Thing, the chimp walk all over just about most of her modern interactions with Bruce and Clark.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-21-2021 at 09:55 PM.