Page 259 of 440 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Diana shouldn’t be friends with Clark or Bruce for a variety of reasons but a big one is it means DC just limits her to pretty much only interacting with them in on a consistent basis when it comes to characters outside her own immediate subsection of the DC Universe. Her time on the JLD with Zatanna, Fate, Swamp Thing, the chimp walk all over just about most of her modern interactions with Bruce and Clark.
    The “Trinity” as a concept is a double edged sword for her (as it is for Clark). On one hand she benefits from it cementing in everyone’s minds that she is “important”, and tying her to the other two biggest heroes DC has helps ensure she will always have a place at the big boy table.

But she’s also often screwed over because writers don’t know what to do with her. She’s often just the third wheel tag along to the boys adventures, and their mythos tends to step all over hers. I agree with you that I enjoyed her interactions with Zatanna and the other JLD members far more than I’ve enjoyed most of her interactions with Clark or Bruce. I think the last time I actually enjoyed a “Trinity” moment was when Rucka had them all meet for the first time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Detective Chimp interactions > Batman interactions

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Diana shouldn’t be friends with Clark or Bruce for a variety of reasons but a big one is it means DC just limits her to pretty much only interacting with them in on a consistent basis when it comes to characters outside her own immediate subsection of the DC Universe. Her time on the JLD with Zatanna, Fate, Swamp Thing, the chimp walk all over just about most of her modern interactions with Bruce and Clark.
    It also hurts to me because their are several DC characters who are more natural crossover characters for her who dont show up nearly as much as they should because DC is obsessed with Making Wonderwoman a third unequal leg that tags along with Batman and Supes.

I feel Aqua-man and Mera to be natural crossover candidates with Wonderwoman’s world, infact I think I think it would be most beneficial for both franchises to cross over more then they do.

Shazam: also has more crossover potential.

To me these three could form a kind of myth based trinity of their own. Dc’s magic based characters should also show up more.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love the Trinity friendship because they are my three favorite DC characters and it's neat (in theory) to see their various mythos interact with each other.

But DC/WB has definitely lost the trust. Mostly for Diana, but Clark doesn't benefit from it anymore either. The absolute worst incident for WW with this pre-COIE was "For the Man Who Has Everything." And while I wish her losing against Mongul could have been executed far better, I think overall the story is fine with their interactions: her and Bruce teasing each other about their jets, Bruce introducing her to Jason, her giving the model Kandor to Clark and him rushing to hide the one he already has to avoid hurting her feelings, Diana and Clark flirting but knowing they should just be friends, etc. It's all very cute and they feel like actual close friends.

Since then, it's mostly been downhill. We get a rare reminder of how nice it can be like their guest appearances in Rucka's Rebirth run, and their limited interactions in Justice (but that isn't even part of the main canon). But those appearances are outnumbered by TDKR and its sequels, Injustice, Dead Earth, IC/OMAC, DCEU, JL/U, Cheetah getting owned by Bat-Family members, Red Son, DCeased, and most likely the Suicide Squad game. They took something that should be fun and made it tedious and something we always worry about before seeing the final product instead of being excited like we should be.

I don't blame any of the three characters involved, but I'd happily put a block on all Trinity interactions across all media for like 10 years so we can get the bad taste out of our mouths and even then be very cautious when lifting it.

I don't much care for the concept of Trinity at this point, but I do like the Triumvirate of Terror. Mostly because Cheetah is actually treated with respect when she's shown next to Luthor an Joker as a top dog in the villains' community

It's really odd that Cheetah fares better on the rare occasions she hangs out with Lex and Joker than Diana does with Clark and Bruce.

I would totally read a series that is just alternating stories of both sets of three hanging out with each other.

Lex just chilling in that obtrusive bulky armor is the best detail

Silver Age Lex and Rebirth Cheetah have pretty similar villainous backstories, they'd have a lot to talk about.

Lex just chilling in that obtrusive bulky armor is the best detail

Pardon my French but BaTB Lex was THICC. Pretty sure he could have pushed a pickup truck without the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Silver Age Lex and Rebirth Cheetah have pretty similar villainous backstories, they'd have a lot to talk about.
    They could bond over the mutual desire to seek revenge their former BFF’s.
    But Lex’s hair loss vs Barbara’s curse would be a pretty funny discussion since one is campy as al hell while the other is more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They could bond over the mutual desire to seek revenge their former BFF’s.
    But Lex’s hair loss vs Barbara’s curse would be a pretty funny discussion since one is campy as al hell while the other is more serious.
    Yeah, I doubt Barbara would be particularly impressed with his hair loss drama. Though Lex would probably see her god-level power as a major benefit outweighting all the downsides.

BANNED

the trinity only helps batman, in order for batman to be relevant to the story superman and ww have to be weak and idiotic. the best thing for all is that the trinity represents the different forces of dc.
    ww the world of magic.
    superman the cosmic world.
    batman the world in the dark.
    That they only get together in the JL, outside of the JL it only hurts the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, I doubt Barbara would be particularly impressed with his hair loss drama. Though Lex would probably see her god-level power as a major benefit outweighting all the downsides.
    At this point, I think that’s how Barbara sees it too.

She’d probably roll her eyes hard at Luthor reasoning though, lol.

I really want to see the scene where Rebirth Barbara recounts her horrifying origin to Lex and why she hates Diana, meanwhile Lex just says "that smug little dick ruined my hair" and leaves it at that.

If the Cheetah is Priscilla, I want the Joker to be weirded out after walking in on her talking to her own reflection (Hamill voice: "And they say I'm crazy...")

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    the trinity only helps batman, in order for batman to be relevant to the story superman and ww have to be weak and idiotic. the best thing for all is that the trinity represents the different forces of dc.
    ww the world of magic.
    superman the cosmic world.
    batman the world in the dark.
    That they only get together in the JL, outside of the JL it only hurts the characters.
    Weirdly, being part of the World's Finest helped Batman because it established him as the best buddy of the World's Greatest Superhero, and it conveyed that if Superman thought this non-powered guy was a big deal worthy of respect, he probably was. And he earned that respect by being ultra competent and badass without going into Bat God territory.

Modern times have taken this simple and effective set up and skewed it even more in Batman's favor when he didn't need it, and threw Wonder Woman into the mix more regularly. In this, as in many things, I blame Frank Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I really want to see the scene where Rebirth Barbara recounts her horrifying origin to Lex and why she hates Diana, meanwhile Lex just says "that smug little dick ruined my hair" and leaves it at that.

If the Cheetah is Priscilla, I want the Joker to be weirded out after walking in on her talking to her own reflection (Hamill voice: "And they say I'm crazy...")
    Or do a twist on WonderBat and Joker develops a one sided crush on Priscilla when he finds a lady crazier than him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Weirdly, being part of the World's Finest helped Batman because it established him as the best buddy of the World's Greatest Superhero, and it conveyed that if Superman thought this non-powered guy was a big deal worthy of respect, he probably was. And he earned that respect by being ultra competent and badass without going into Bat God territory.

Modern times have taken this simple and effective set up and skewed it even more in Batman's favor when he didn't need it, and threw Wonder Woman into the mix more regularly. In this, as in many things, I blame Frank Miller.
    Batman sells that is why it appears in all comics, the problem is that this is immediate money, but in the future it is to destroy your universe in favor of a character. when you see superman and ww follow batman as if they were bati - pets, these characters suffer, the usual readers will continue to buy, but a new reader will normally go to batman. who wants to read about gods who act like pets.