Page 262 of 440 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 6590
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Oh another controversial opinion. WW sucks now and i dislike the the way her character is presented nowadays. Hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Oh another controversial opinion. WW sucks now and i dislike the the way her character is presented nowadays. Hate it.
    Could you be a little more specific? I think the current run is doing fine, she's not on the JL at the moment so I think she's doing fine comics wise at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Wonder Woman would be better without WB and DC. This is an unpopular opinion. Because many people still think that leaving DC is not a guarantee that she would get better treatment somewhere else. But i think at this point, after 80 years of DC handling, or more like mishandling for the most part. It is safe to say anybody else could do a better job, since the standard is so low at this point. Marvel already found a way to turn d list characters into relevant and successful characters for the GP. While DC still does the bare minimun with the so called most important and iconic female hero. There are no excuses anymore.
    I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, at least not on this board.

After hearing news about there being a Joker 2 movie, I'm inclined to agree. It's clear WB/DC has no interest in adapting anyone but Superman and Batman and their adjacent characters while lumping everyone else into either Justice League or Teen Titans projects. Might as well give the remaining franchises to someone who will.

One thing Dc comics haven't really even tried is getting the Wonder Woman family together the few time is generally when they are outside the cannon. I really think Diana and the Wonder family do need to get their own editor.

Donna should use a spear or staff instead of a lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Donna should use a spear or staff instead of a lasso.
    I've always felt the three main Wonders ( Diana, Donna, Cassie) should have lassoes, while Artemis should habehave the bow and arrow, Nubia the shield and sword, and now Yara with her bola.
    Last edited by wonder39; 06-05-2021 at 03:23 PM.

I feel like each one of them should have a magical item that isn't a weapon but that they use in combat (except for Artemis). All of them having a lasso takes away from the specialness of the artifact and Diana's unique choice of weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like each one of them should have a magical item that isn't a weapon but that they use in combat (except for Artemis). All of them having a lasso takes away from the specialness of the artifact and Diana's unique choice of weapon.
    I liked how they gave the three lassos special powers though.

Which makes me wonder.... did Deva have any magical weapons? We know she's been seen carrying a sword and pistol(which she shot WW with in that famous scene), but did they ever establish what these weapons could do?

Maybe Donna's lasso can transform into a spear. I'm surprised they never had the power in Super friends cross over. In that her lasso can be mind controlled by Diana and transform into anything.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I like the lassos but I'd prefer some mythology be put behind them when there's more than just the Lasso of Truth.

With the lasso of truth. I always had the weird idea that it's made from Athena's lock of hair and Hestia blood to opens people's heart. Donna maybe the same athena locks but some other goddess. Cassie Zeus's bolt's made into rope.

I mean Diana's lasso was made from the golden girdle of Gaia by Hestia and she did empower it, not from her blood but her fires.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

The only Holiday Girl version of Etta I've really cared for was the LOWW one. Other than that I didn't mind versions of the character like Perez and Simone.

You don't like the Golden Age Etta Candy? In her very first appearance she jumoa in front if the invincible Wonder Woman to protect her, even though Diana can lift a tank like it's nothing. In fact, Etta is the one that takes down Dr Poison in that story.
    IMG_20210605_200707.jpg

She's also the one that gave us these panels that display her incredible ammount of confidence and self love.

Attached Images Attached Images