Page 263 of 440 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 6592

Does the same joke get old? Probably. But the nature if the golden age character was so fierce that I don't see how canyone could helo but fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe Donna's lasso can transform into a spear. I'm surprised they never had the power in Super friends cross over. In that her lasso can be mind controlled by Diana and transform into anything.
    Thats too SheRa for me..... let a lasso be a lasso

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I feel like each one of them should have a magical item that isn't a weapon but that they use in combat (except for Artemis). All of them having a lasso takes away from the specialness of the artifact and Diana's unique choice of weapon.
    It's just thstvtraditionally those three characters have had lassos. Like it's tied to the " title" . But a lasso for Nubia, Artemis... that feels forced to me.

But i get what you're saying, as i dont like when other characters costumes in the Wonder Family use iconography from Diana's costume. Not everyone needs a = w = .... not everyone needs a tiara, or the color scheme, or pteruges....

Bobby Barnes should return as Wonder Boi!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW should be cancel. So all the crappy editorial mess of not caring for this character and her lore can finally stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Bobby Barnes should return as Wonder Boi!
    Is that controversial? I think it would be swell, although there are other more urgent things to do.

Is that controversial? I think it would be swell, although there are other more urgent things to do.
    Yeah. Like retiring the character for once and for all, and finally stop her misery.

I want more Kangas.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post

OT: WW has suffered a lot from the fact that many writers are unconsciously sexist. No matter how much some fans want to say that the industry is equal or whatever nowadays. Evidence clearly suggests otherwise.
    I'm sure they are, but Diana's power level has nothing to do with that subject. Every single fandom claims their character should be way more powerful than they are. Hulk fans, Superman fans, etc.

Right now we have a great team giving us a great book. We have one of her villains possibly joining the Suicide Squad (I doubt Hypnota is gonna stick, but it would be great to have one of her villains get permanent spotlight there since DC never cancels that book). We have a beautiful brand new book in Wonder Girl that seems to be creating a whole unique corner in the wonder mythos while still involving other wonder family characters like Nubia, Bana migdal, etc.

We have two anthology series in Sensational Wonder Woman and Black&Gold. There are rumours that we are gonna get a Nubia and the Amazons book in October. There are still a lot of things I think should be done, but unlike you I see a Wonder Woman in great state when it comes to comics. And she has had 2 movies centered around her in the last 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I want more Kangas.
    The thing I haven't figured out is, should Diana ride around on a Kanga in our own world. In the Golden Age the kangas were even capable of interstellar travel.

I want more Kangas.
    Isn’t this the controversial opinions thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Isn’t this the controversial opinions thread?
    Oh snap, you're right.

Uh, okay how about, I want Ratatoskr to be a permanent Wonder-fam member.

I'm sure they are, but Diana's power level has nothing to do with that subject. Every single fandom claims their character should be way more powerful than they are. Hulk fans, Superman fans, etc.

Right now we have a great team giving us a great book. We have one of her villains possibly joining the Suicide Squad (I doubt Hypnota is gonna stick, but it would be great to have one of her villains get permanent spotlight there since DC never cancels that book). We have a beautiful brand new book in Wonder Girl that seems to be creating a whole unique corner in the wonder mythos while still involving other wonder family characters like Nubia, Bana migdal, etc.

We have two anthology series in Sensational Wonder Woman and Black&Gold. There are rumours that we are gonna get a Nubia and the Amazons book in October. There are still a lot of things I think should be done, but unlike you I see a Wonder Woman in great state when it comes to comics. And she has had 2 movies centered around her in the last 5 months.
    Superman and Hulk still are writen as super powerful and actually get to show their power on panel. Same for Thor and others. WW these day has done nothing impresive power wise. Nothing that comes close to those characters. And when either of those characters get nerfed. The fans lose their cool. So writers are fast to fix it. WW on the other hand, writers will continue to portray her as a middle of the road weaklink like it has been the case for 10 years now. In and outside comics. Sexism is still hitting strong i fear. And for me, this is a controversial opinion. Because a lot of comic fans think sexism is a thing from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Superman and Hulk still are writen as super powerful and actually get to show their power on panel. Same for Thor and others. WW these day has done nothing impresive power wise. Nothing that comes close to those characters. And when either of those characters get nerfed. The fans lose their cool. So writers are fast to fix it. WW on the other hand, writers will continue to portray her as a middle of the road weaklink like it has been the case for 10 years now. In and outside comics. Sexism is still hitting strong i fear.
    Immortal Hulk has the Hulk walking around as an emaciated husk for several issues. He has consistently been a punching bag, getting chopped into bits, has his heart eaten by his ex-wife, bisected, brain-washed, eviscerated, eaten alive, dismembered, atomized and dissolved.

Superman is getting replaced with his son. And I think they are weakening Superman, or he's loosing his powers or something. I don't read Action Comics or Superman, but I heard something about it on the Superman forum.

Immortal Hulk has the Hulk walking around as an emaciated husk for several issues. He has consistently been a punching bag, getting chopped into bits, has his heart eaten by his ex-wife, bisected, brain-washed, eviscerated, eaten alive, dismembered, atomized and dissolved.

Superman is getting replaced with his son. And I think they are weakening Superman, or he's loosing his powers or something. I don't read Action Comics or Superman, but I heard something about it on the Superman forum.
    WW still takes the cake. Those characters have had a far easier time being portrayed as a powerhouse than WW in the last 10 years. Yet a lot of fans want to say that sexism is not a thing in comics anymore. So yea, to me this is a controversial opinion. WW suffers from sexism.