Page 271 of 440 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 6592
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The full story (to my knowledge) was:

-After Diana killed Max (or whoever Rucka wanted to use before editorial made him use Max, because originally he wanted to use an OC) a detective from Washington was going to look into the case and he finds Diana guilty of killing the man (no surprise since she already admitted to it).

-The detective asks Superman to be there for Diana's arrest incase she resisted (I don't think Superman was going to be mind controlled, and would have no part in the story before the detective asked for his assistance).

-Superman would decline at first, because Diana is his friend and he didn't want to play a hand in her arrest and doubted he would be needed anyway, but the detective talked him into it.

-Superman and the detective knock on Diana's front door, too which she exclaims "I'm surprised it took you so long, I'm ready to go with you detective." and is taken to a super-human prison.

-(If memory serves) Superman would then go to Batman because he didn't like the idea of Diana being kept in a prison and would try to talk Batman into helping despite her having killed someone. Batman would reply with that he was already coming up with a plan to free Diana and wants Superman's help.

-The two would successfully break into the prison unaware and try to free Diana, but she would refuse to leave her cell because she has to face whatever consequence the American justice system would charge her with. Superman and Batman reluctantly leave.

-Meanwhile the Amazon's aren't very happy with their ambassador being held poisoner and demand America release her. America refuses and declares war on the Amazons. As they helicopter the President away in Marine One an Amazon suddenly steps onboard (while the helicopter is in the air ) and tells the president, "we have hundreds of invisible planes ready to attack the Whitehouse, the Pentagon and every major military institution in your country if you don't surrender immediately."

-The president surrenders immediately. Making the moment the war started to the moment the president surrendered 5 minutes long.

Things get a little choppy in details after that since Rucka never got that far, but ultimately he said Diana would be found innocent and released.

Edit: Basically what happened after was that Editorial really liked the idea and wanted to expand upon that. They asked Rucka if he would write the story if they switched out his OC with Max and made a larger event out of it, which he agreed to if the concussion was the same, (with Diana being found innocent). They told him "yes" (which they would later backtrack on) and instead made Diana the odd-man out, which Rucka wasn't happy about, and then they blindsided him by telling him his run was going to end soon so he never had time to write a proper concussion to the neck-snap fallout.
    Holy crap, this all sounds soooooo much better than the crap we got. It is also exactly how I like the Trinity dynamic to be portrayed. Superman and Batman guest starring wouldn't be an immediate red flag if their appearances were more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I don't think even Marvel itself was confident about a superhero based on magical myths and ancient deities could "live" comfortably alongside its science-and-tech-based superheroes. Didn't the first Thor film explain magic as some sort of uber-advanced technology and gods as highly evolved aliens or something? I still prefer Wonder Woman, where gods were gods and magic is magic. Audiences have consumed fantasy books, TV, films, and yes, comics sufficiently for them NOT to need magic and gods explained in a quasi-"realistic" way.
    It was basically "where I come from [science and magic] are the same thing". You had Asgardian space ships but Thor and his friend rode horses and well, would you really call the scene where Odin enchants the hammer as 'science'?. The first two Thor movies leaned more towards science fiction with Odin saying they are not 'Gods' but by the time of Ragnarok they were openly calling Loki's powers spells, referring to each other as Gods and talking about prophecies. Now Love and Thunder is going to bring in the Greek Gods. Sure some people complained about them leaning into sci-fi but I didn't see it as that different from what Jack Kirby did: (https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zI3_ueVbi...s1600/odin.jpg, https://cafans.b-cdn.net/images/Cate...59561gpadd.jpg ). Thor was just likely to be fighting off Enchantress and Loki as he was fighting rock aliens and Ego the Living Planet. Thor has always been science fantasy like Star Wars where you have a mix of both technology and magic. It's just that some writers lean more towards the fantasy than others.

I think it ultimately comes down to WW. I agree that in WW's narrative, the Greek Gods should be treated as real. For Thor, I'm fine with what they did, except for a few characters, I'm fine with what they did overall.

Her movie wasn’t confirmed by the time her cameo in BvS was announced?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Holy crap, this all sounds soooooo much better than the crap we got. It is also exactly how I like the Trinity dynamic to be portrayed. Superman and Batman guest starring wouldn't be an immediate red flag if their appearances were more like that.
    Rucka should get a feature in Sensational Comics where he gets to tell his debunked stories.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    My personal head canon is that Diana is a child of prophesy i.e. Athena and Aphrodite created her not just out of love for Hippolyta but because they knew Ares's chains would never last forever. And that this was something the amazons knew about since before they moved to the island, that Hippolyta would form a child to battle evil and become the bridge between the amazons and the outside world or something like that. Really play that up more in her origins.
    Please, no more chosen ones.

You mean because Superman and Batman act like actual friends to Wonder Woman, who don’t shun her after she’s gone through a traumatic experience?

The kicker is his original story-line was meant to bring them closer together, but was retooled to tear them apart.

You mean because Superman and Batman act like actual friends to Wonder Woman, who don’t shun her after she’s gone through a traumatic experience?

The kicker is his original story-line was meant to bring them closer together, but was retooled to tear them apart.
    It's all like salt in the wound.

Can we do shipping for platonic friendship groups? Because Clark/Diana/Bruce is an OTP as far as that goes, and this would have delivered on that front. But DC is just like "no, let's make it crappy instead and pit the fandoms against each other".

I assume the panel of Batman's face after he breaks into a supermax prison for metas and Diana tells him she's staying would have been worth it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I assume the panel of Batman's face after he breaks into a supermax prison for metas and Diana tells him she's staying would have been worth it alone.
    Batman internal monologue: "but my plan was so goooood..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Batman internal monologue: "but my plan was so goooood..."
    Bruce's distress would be 50% sad for Diana's circumstances, and 50% sad that he wouldn't get to show off his brilliant escape plan.

Just the next page is Bruce crying while Clark stoically carries him away.

Bruce's distress would be 50% sad for Diana's circumstances, and 50% sad that he wouldn't get to show off his brilliant escape plan.

Just the next page is Bruce crying while Clark stoically carries him away.
    Bruce: "But my plan was so good Clark..."

Clark: "It's OK Bruce, we're superheroes. We get in trouble all the time. You'll get another chance."

Edit: I bet Batman had that plan for years waiting for one of his pals to get thrown into a supermax prison so he could break in.

Wait Wonder Woman 2009 already disapproved Diana was way too complex to understand. Dc just didn't want to. Because WB has a bad line in Female movie films

That was. That's why even though Heracles would be my preferred father between him and Zeus (if we have to have one, still prefer the clay birth), the previous takes involving the rape have already preemptively ruined it.
    Ruined what exactly? With the multiverse it doesn’t really matter what origin she has.

Yeah, Rucka's original ideas sound a lot better than what actually happened. I'm lukewarm on Rucka's Wonder Woman as it is, but unfortunately Diana got the short end of the stick here with the road to Infinite Crisis changing so much. On the other hand though knowing what I know now I still would have been wary for his run to continue that long, since he was going to legit have WW date Batman. Would have ruined the goodwill of seeing the Trinity be bros in this particular situation.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, Rucka's original ideas sound a lot better than what actually happened. I'm lukewarm on Rucka's Wonder Woman as it is, but unfortunately Diana got the short end of the stick here with the road to Infinite Crisis changing so much. On the other hand though knowing what I know now I still would have been wary for his run to continue that long, since he was going to legit have WW date Batman. Would have ruined the goodwill of seeing the Trinity be bros in this particular situation.
    Definitely wouldn't care for this, but at least he'd approach it as someone who gets her character. Her half of the equation would automatically be better than what we got in the DCAU.

His Bruce always leaves me underwhelmed (if not outright mad) though, and I don't see what Diana would see in him. If we could pair Rucka's Diana with DCAU Batman it might be serviceable even if I'd still vastly prefer just keeping them as friends.

Yeah, he gets the character pretty well, I've never understood why he of all people was a WonderBat guy. For someone who comes from more of a purist standpoint, its seems like something he'd hate just as much as he hates SuperWonder. But its his preference, no matter how wrong it is. In fact this course of events could have served to really be the beginning of things, with her imprisonment leading to Superman catching on that he had feelings for her or something like that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-09-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El