Page 273 of 440 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's actually a bad reason to start a romantic relationship. Diana isn't a therapist and Bruce needs counselling not a romantic partner. It makes the relationship about Bruce's emotional needs first and foremost which is a recipe for disaster.
    Some people only enter into relationships with people they can repair. They like a project and the challenge of changing someone into a better version of themselves. They feel a sense of accomplishment at fixing someone even if it's only subconsciously. I'm not saying Diana is one of those people and I'm not saying it's a good practice because it's not, but it does happen often and significant other renovation -or at least the attempt- is a significant trope in fiction.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

That's actually a bad reason to start a romantic relationship. Diana isn't a therapist and Bruce needs counselling not a romantic partner. It makes the relationship about Bruce's emotional needs first and foremost which is a recipe for disaster.
    While this is definitely a bad reason to get into a relationship, it's not so bad so long as the person knows when to call it quits. Bruce is probably the most stubborn man in comics, so Diana would definitely need to know when to withdraw herself and get Bruce the kind of help he really needs

Black Widow gave me the closest to an actualized WW movie I have ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I can see the resemblance.

Yeah, maybe a Diana Prince story a la Sekowsky's era...

I mean, I get it with the other Red Room agents, but the main theme was the older daughter escaped a problematic family and left her younger sister behind, and doesn't accept her old home.
    I don't see how that fits the Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Action and villain maybe? Or Diana working with Donna. But other than that I feel like the first WW movie was pretty good for WW. BW definitely is what Id like to see in WW3 though as far as good storyline, no love interest, family, action, good mix of comedy.

Really?
    I mean, I enjoyed the movie, but the only thing about watching "Black Widow" that made me think of a Wonder Woman movie was the fight scenes between Taskmaster and Natasha, and especially between Natasha and Yelena. And the reason those made me think of a WW film is that I still have not seen a fight scene in a Wonder Woman live-action movie that conveys any sense of weight, gravity or brutality. So far, every WW-versus-villain fight scene (live action) has been weightless CGI. Black Widow's fight between Nat and Yelena was brutal. The punches and kicks and throws felt real and they made me long for a Wonder Woman film in which they use stunt doubles and actual fight choreo instead of CGI. I am still pissed that Cheetah-versus-Wonder Woman was mostly CGI and badly-lit camera tricks. A Cheetah/Diana movie battle needs to be as brutal and "real" as a PG13 rating will allow. It's Cheetah, for crying out loud. Let me see the bruises and punches and slashes and speed and kicks and all that good stuff!
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 07-10-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Every time I see comments like this, I wonder if people actually want an adaptation of a property they like or just want it to mirror something they enjoyed regardless of context or whether it is appropriate. Wonder Woman has about as much in common with Black Widow as Ninja Turtles has with Romeo & Juliet.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Really?
    I mean, I enjoyed the movie, but the only thing about watching "Black Widow" that made me think of a Wonder Woman movie was the fight scenes between Taskmaster and Natasha, and especially between Natasha and Yelena. And the reason those made me think of a WW film is that I still have not seen a fight scene in a Wonder Woman live-action movie that conveys any sense of weight, gravity or brutality. So far, every WW-versus-villain fight scene (live action) has been weightless CGI. Black Widow's fight between Nat and Yelena was brutal. The punches and kicks and throws felt real and they made me long for a Wonder Woman film in which they use stunt doubles and actual fight choreo instead of CGI. I am still pissed that Cheetah-versus-Wonder Woman was mostly CGI and badly-lit camera tricks. A Cheetah/Diana movie battle needs to be as brutal and "real" as a PG13 rating will allow. It's Cheetah, for crying out loud. Let me see the bruises and punches and slashes and speed and kicks and all that good stuff!
    The Whitehouse fight she had blood & bruises even before she fought Barbara there. Her wings were slashed by her. She was kicked around by her alot in both fights they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    The Whitehouse fight she had blood & bruises even before she fought Barbara there. Her wings were slashed by her. She was kicked around by her alot in both fights they had.
    The pre-Cheetah-form fight between Barbara and Diana at the White House was much better than the final act battle, but it was stil meh. Watch it again and then watch the fight between Yelena and Natasha in Black Widow. You will see what I mean when I say that the BW battle felt like it had more 'weight' to it. Maybe the fight choreo was better, maybe the practical effects used to edit the sequence were better refined in BW, maybe the acting from the actors involved (during close-ups) was more convincing, but the BW fight felt (to me) visceral and brutal. And visceral and brutal is exactly what I would expect from a Wonder Woman-Cheetah mano a mano.

Every time I see comments like this, I wonder if people actually want an adaptation of a property they like or just want it to mirror something they enjoyed regardless of context or whether it is appropriate. Wonder Woman has about as much in common with Black Widow as Ninja Turtles has with Romeo & Juliet.
    Yeah, I've seen so many variations of that kind of comment I just tend to glaze over it.

It's more about quality and execution rather than wanting Diana to turn into the Black Widow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    The pre-Cheetah-form fight between Barbara and Diana at the White House was much better than the final act battle, but it was stil meh. Watch it again and then watch the fight between Yelena and Natasha in Black Widow. You will see what I mean when I say that the BW battle felt like it had more 'weight' to it. Maybe the fight choreo was better, maybe the practical effects used to edit the sequence were better refined in BW, maybe the acting from the actors involved (during close-ups) was more convincing, but the BW fight felt (to me) visceral and brutal. And visceral and brutal is exactly what I would expect from a Wonder Woman-Cheetah mano a mano.
    I agree I've been saying patty could've watched injustice 2 cheetah game play for some choreo inspiration. I still can't believe the action was that bad. The ww costume bright colors were the best thing. I hope it stays. I haven't seen bw.

I was alright with the WW movies killing off the Greek Pantheon (minus Ares, until the end) because I felt like they would have become a distraction.