Page 28 of 440 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well there's the idea that Diana needs to be more powerful than others and if she's not the same then it's easy.
    Its also kinda lazy though.
    And im not sure it really needs to be explained. I mean the Golden Age had all the Amazons at the same general power level but established that Diana worked harder, trained harder, studied harder, and believed in herself which made her the second strongest of all the Amazons.

I don't see Superman writers straining to come up with an excuse why the fifty or so other Kryptonians fluttering about are not as strong as he is. Nor why any rich boi is as capable and unstopable as Batman (whose established to somehow be able to just beat up anyone for some reason?) They simply say 'because' and just move on

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    And im not sure it really needs to be explained. I mean the Golden Age had all the Amazons at the same general power level but established that Diana worked harder, trained harder, studied harder, and believed in herself which made her the second strongest of all the Amazons.

I don't see Superman writers straining to come up with an excuse why the fifty or so other Kryptonians fluttering about are not as strong as he is. Nor why any rich boi is as capable and unstopable as Batman (whose established to somehow be able to just beat up anyone for some reason?) They simply say 'because' and just move on
    In some stories it's not clear IF Superman is stronger than an ordinary Kryptonian. In many cases it's said his seemingly greater strength is due to having more stored energy in his body and little else.

Batman... is a lunatic who somehow spends more time practicing martial arts than most people have hours in a day. Also a lot of bad guys in DC are rich guys who don't use the money wisely. combining that is what makes Batman special.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hippolyta would be the strongest, right?

I feel like "because they are the main character" is enough. Anything else is over thinking it.

I wouldn't mind if due to the amazonian training some amazons have come up with unique power sets to them. For example some amazons maybe can survive great heat levels. Maybe use magic? This is due to the fact that they decided to make sure the amazons are ready. I'm curious with Hippoltya being Queen should she be stronger than Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hippolyta would be the strongest, right?

I feel like "because they are the main character" is enough. Anything else is over thinking it.
    At least back in the day it was a whole thing that Diana had challenged her mother numerous times in the past and had been bested each and every time, making Hippolyta this figure she aspired towards.

This makes me wonder with Hippoltya having the girdle how much stronger should she be with it and without it? Also large should the Amazons population even be? Looking at both Marston, Perez and others how many should actually be warriors? I mean both Marston and Perez have shown us that not all Amazons are official warriors. They might have training but not the main forces. I mean should the Amazons have a Navy force?

I think, if you could smoosh Grail and Cale together, into one being, you would have the perfect arch-villain for Wonder Woman. She's something like Cassandra the Mad.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

How are those two better archenemy?

If we ever get a live action Wonder Girl in a Wonder Woman movie which one would you want?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If we ever get a live action Wonder Girl in a Wonder Woman movie which one would you want?
    Obviously Donna, Cassie is not even linked to Wonder Woman like Donna is

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think its less a question of want and more a question of what to expect.
    If Donna was to appear in a movie it would be in one of those created storylines. I could sorta see a movie Donna in this universe coming about in a film featuring Devestation and Circe

On the other hand given the love of embargos, I kinda wonder if Donna appearing on Titans indicates a disinterest in using Donna in the film. Perhaps since she isn't even considered a Wonder Woman character.

If we got Cassie, it would probably go with the grandaughter of Zeus angle by necesity, and set her up as coming into her powers and being taken under Dianas wing. Though im not sure what sort of villain you would get with a movie like that

I think its less a question of want and more a question of what to expect.
    If Donna was to appear in a movie it would be in one of those created storylines. I could sorta see a movie Donna in this universe coming about in a film featuring Devestation and Circe

On the other hand given the love of embargos, I kinda wonder if Donna appearing on Titans indicates a disinterest in using Donna in the film. Perhaps since she isn't even considered a Wonder Woman character.

If we got Cassie, it would probably go with the grandaughter of Zeus angle by necesity, and set her up as coming into her powers and being taken under Dianas wing. Though im not sure what sort of villain you would get with a movie like that
    Prob First Born. I just feels like an evil-demi-god sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No it doesn't. Besides her being an only child went out the window when they introduced Donna and Nubia.
    I was talking about the Perez origin which doesn't include Donna, Nubia or any other children. You're sentencing her to lifetimes of loneliness and being an outsider. It's an old, tired trope where the beautiful, eternally youthful, protagonist is really several centuries old. That's the case with Samantha Stevens on Bewitched and Major Anthony Nelson's wife Jeanie, let it rest with them.

Spoiled and pampered is not what I'm looking for in Diana's history.
    Me either, but one gets the impression that it would have to be the case if she's the ONLY child for hundreds of years. That aspect rears it's ugly head in stories like Jill Thompson's and the Ame-Comi Wonder Woman and contributes to the perception that she's had it easy all her life.

No it would not. She'd be stuck in one place for 100 years. That does not make for an experienced and wise person. She'd only be an expert on Amazon relevant topics but be completely lost on everything else regarding the rest of the world.

You're mistaking age with experience. It doesn't matter how old you are if your life experience is limited.
    That's my point, it makes her stagnant for hundreds of years. It's So Much experience there's no room for naivete or for someone like Giganta or Mayfly to believably give her a problem.

I also notice you didn't address my assertion about stories of a college age or teenage Diana and how they'd be ruined by her being hundreds of years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I was talking about the Perez origin which doesn't include Donna, Nubia or any other children. You're sentencing her to lifetimes of loneliness and being an outsider. It's an old, tired trope where the beautiful, eternally youthful, protagonist is really several centuries old. That's the case with Samantha Stevens on Bewitched and Major Anthony Nelson's wife Jeanie, let it rest with them.
    well I wasn’t talking about using the Perez origin, not in its entirety anyway. She’s an outsider by virtue of being from Themyscira and let’s not act as if a teenage protagonist is an original idea either.

Me either, but one gets the impression that it would have to be the case if she's the ONLY child for hundreds of years. That aspect rears it's ugly head in stories like Jill Thompson's and the Ame-Comi Wonder Woman and contributes to the perception that she's had it easy all her life.
    That wasn’t the case in Perez, the DCAU or the movie. The number of interpretations where Diana isn’t a spoiled child far exceeds the ones where she is. Her being spoiled is a fairly new phenomenon and isn’t even a particularly common one.

That's my point, it makes her stagnant for hundreds of years. It's So Much experience there's no room for naivete or for someone like Giganta or Mayfly to believably give her a problem.
    I… don’t think you understood my comment at all. Here let me re-post it:

No it would not. She'd be stuck in one place for 100 years. That does not make for an experienced and wise person. She'd only be an expert on Amazon relevant topics but be completely lost on everything else regarding the rest of the world.

You're mistaking age with experience. It doesn't matter how old you are if your life experience is limited.
    The only way Giganta and Mayfly would not be a problem for Diana is if they’d also been on the island with her for 100 years.

I also notice you didn't address my assertion about stories of a college age or teenage Diana and how they'd be ruined by her being hundreds of years old.
    I already did. Twice.

Iron Man, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and Black Panther are among the most popular superheroes in the world. Neither is younger than 20.

What she's doing on the island is irrelevant. It's what she does when she leaves that is important.

To be clear, I don't necessarily want her to be 100 of years old but she doesn't need to be 18 either. It isn't like her being 18 doesn't close off story ideas either.
    Diana being 18 is not so necessary for her character. And as I said, she doesn’t have to be 100 years old. she can still be older than 18 and still connect with the youth depending on how she is written.

well I wasn’t talking about using the Perez origin, not in its entirety anyway. She’s an outsider by virtue of being from Themyscira and let’s not act as if a teenage protagonist is an original idea either.

That wasn’t the case in Perez, the DCAU or the movie. The number of interpretations where Diana isn’t a spoiled child far exceeds the ones where she is. Her being spoiled is a fairly new phenomenon and isn’t even a particularly common one.

I… don’t think you understood my comment at all. Here let me re-post it:

The only way Giganta and Mayfly would not be a problem for Diana is if they’d also been on the island with her for 100 years.

I already did. Twice.

Diana being 18 is not so necessary for her character. And as I said, she doesn’t have to be 100 years old. she can still be older than 18 and still connect with the youth depending on how she is written.
    My last response had been in an open window on my computer for almost a week because I procrastinated reformatting it, it's so annoying. I'm not breaking up one again.