Page 284 of 440 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 6590
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    It could definitely be worse lol.
    I think I would take my chances on Marvel and with the way they treat the movie universe. Wonder Woman would certainly be a stand out and I couldn't see them putting out a garbage movie like WW84.

Captain America kept getting better with the sequels they put out unlike Wonder Woman.

I put more emphasis on the movies than the comics since comparing the two, the comic medium doesn't generate the interest and viewership that the movies do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post

Also it would be much easier to believe that DC respects Wonder Woman now after Dan Didio and company are gone, if we would not still get news like that Batman and Superman get a new cartoon and Wond......Injustice gets a movie, because that sounds very much like the old DC to me.
    Well, in fairness. given how long animation can take I imagine those shows were already in production when Didio was still around (and I'm not sure how much control he or DC higher ups have on greenlighting entire shows) so I'm not sure how much that's indicative of the current management in the comics department

But yeah, complete nonsense those two get their latest millionth shows announced on the same day and the closest thing WW got that day was NRS and Taylor's Wonder Simp in Injustice while also coming out in her anniversary month.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-31-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I think I would take my chances on Marvel and with the way they treat the movie universe. Wonder Woman would certainly be a stand out and I couldn't see them putting out a garbage movie like WW84.

Captain America kept getting better with the sequels they put out unlike Wonder Woman.

I put more emphasis on the movies than the comics since comparing the two, the comic medium doesn't generate the interest and viewership that the movies do.
    You mean the sequels that were barley his movies?

Captain America: Civil War was an Avengers movie with his name slapped on the front.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-31-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

MCU's track record with the female characters has been less than stellar so far and their female solos aren't very well received compared to the first Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    MCU's track record with the female characters has been less than stellar so far and their female solos aren't very well received compared to the first Wonder Woman.
    And how well received was the second Wonder Woman, WW84?

I have a feeling that MCU's track record would change mightily if they have the foremost superheroine on their roster! Look at DC, Wonder Woman is supposed to be the worlds number 1 superheroine, yet how long did it take for her to finally get a movie out? How long did it take for Wonder Woman to get her first animated solo movie? How long has it taken for her to get her very own animated series.......oops, she doesn't have one yet, does she?

If you are going to talk about MCU's track record, then we need to start talking about DC's less than stellar track record!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    You mean the sequels that were barley his movies?

Captain America: Civil War was an Avengers movie with his name slapped on the front.
    And yet, they were still mainly Captain America. The Winter Soldier movie definitely improved on the first and was mainly a Captain America movie. The fact that Marvel incorporated their universe into it doesn't take anything away from it. I don't know if they should have done something similar with WW84, but that was a very bad sequel they put out. WW3 is going to be better, but how would I know that? Because it can't be any worse than the 2nd!

The truth is, we don't know if Wonder Woman would do better at Marvel. (It's not going to happen, regardless.)

Aside from the fact that shoe-horning Wonder Woman's universe into Marvel's (MCU or comic wise) would be terrible for the character, (Marvel already has a Hippolyta ), but the MCU has their own problems that have been deeply explored and are still being criticized for.

Moving Wonder Woman from DC to Marvel just sounds like trading one set of problems for another.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    You run into open doors, this was my answer to the first comment about that list in this thread:

I just thought that might be why mystical41 seems so angry, but i was seemingly wrong.

And my controversial opinion to the topic is, that even though mystical41 is melodramatic and exaggerates the sexism angle, Wonder Woman was portrayed as extraordinary weak for notable parts of the last decade, especially in many of the comparisons with Superman, but there was also Jason as example:

the relative many half-assed tries to push Aquaman at the expense of Diana, pushing Aquaman is great, but if i see scenes like this:

i don't think oh WOW Aquaman is powerful he matches Wonder Woman, i think especially with their portrayyal at that time what are these 2 morons doing and what has happened to their telephatic resistances?

and then is there that Wonder Woman barely did anything truly powerful, especially in comparison to the many weak portrayals in the DCEU, Injustice, elseworlds and other media, Flashpoint and other canon comics:

and that they have not kept Christopher Priest:

away from Wonder Woman, is even after his tries to explain this, at least very questionable.

And i don't think Wonder Woman lifting planets or moving faster than light is 1 bit more ridiculous than anything else about Wonder Woman, she is not a scientific or grounded character in an at least semi-realistic verse at all, she is a magical, or divine, or magical in all but name, or a mix of that superhero, with magical, or divine, or both equipment, who fights as main villains a divine-empowered Cheetah, the God of War itself, and a godlike Sorceress or even with classical not mythology related villains is she fighting the likes of Queen Atomia as example in a verse where an intergalactical police force that materializes their imagination with green rings or a red clothed human running through the multiverse are by far not the most ridiculous things. To say it is for Wonder Woman, or Superman, or other inherently ridiculous superheroes ridiculous to lift a planet, sounds to me even less convincing than to say it is ridiculous that Sailor Moon could destroy planets, or it is ridiculous that Goku's energy beams could destroy planets or more. The Silver Age was ridiculous, but not because of lifting planets or moving faster than light, that was like a walk in the park in that ridiculous time period.

Also it would be much easier to believe that DC respects Wonder Woman now after Dan Didio and company are gone, if we would not still get news like that Batman and Superman get a new cartoon and Wond......Injustice gets a movie, because that sounds very much like the old DC to me.
    You have said it all. Thank you.

Oh and i want to add. Tp those people saying me and one more users are the only ones that complain about WW's treatment and her lack of power nowadays. It is me. Bitethebullet, Masterwitcher88, Rightoya, Gitagon, And i think agent-z agree with this. So that is at least 6 users.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The truth is, we don't know if Wonder Woman would do better at Marvel. (It's not going to happen, regardless.)

Aside from the fact that shoe-horning Wonder Woman's universe into Marvel's (MCU or comic wise) would be terrible for the character, (Marvel already has a Hippolyta ), but the MCU has their own problems that have been deeply explored and are still being criticized for.

Moving Wonder Woman from DC to Marvel just sounds like trading one set of problems for another.
    Blackwidow already grossed twice as much as WW84. And has far better reviews. CM has a billion dollar movie and was portrayed as a big powerhouse. In the movie front. WW would have been better handled at marvel. There is no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Blackwidow already grossed twice as much as WW84. And has far better reviews. CM has a billion dollar movie and was portrayed as a big powerhouse. In the movie front. WW would have been better handled at marvel. There is no doubt about it.
    Reviews are fair enough. But we're gonna ignore most saw WW84 on HBO Max during the height of a global pandemic or the first WW came out after the critical/mixed failures of MoS, BvS, and SS while Captain Marvel was the latest installment in a franchise with massive good will from general audiences?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WW84 was released in the middle of a pandemic, there was no vaccine, barely any theaters were open and those that were, not that many people were going to the theater. To even try to compare WW84 box office to BW when we are at two totally different phases in the world is laughable. CM made a billion dollars yet Batman v Superman and JL did not make a billion dollars so by that case they were treated just as WW was.

You have said it all. Thank you.

Oh and i want to add. Tp those people saying me and one more users are the only ones that complain about WW's treatment and her lack of power nowadays. It is me. Bitethebullet, Masterwitcher88, Rightoya, Gitagon, And i think agent-z agree with this. So that is at least 6 users.
    While it is your every right to comment whatever you want...when it seems like its the ONLY thing you bring up...it feels very tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WW84 was released in the middle of a pandemic, there was no vaccine, barely any theaters were open and those that were, not that many people were going to the theater. To even try to compare WW84 box office to BW when we are at two totally different phases in the world is laughable. CM made a billion dollars yet Batman v Superman and JL did not make a billion dollars so by that case they were treated just as WW was.

While it is your every right to comment whatever you want...when it seems like its the ONLY thing you bring up...it feels very tiring.
    Pandemic is still going strong. And it would have ever been a hit with the poor word of mouth that it got. It was bad reviews from cvritics plus bad word of mouth. In China it barely did 23M. When 75% of the theaters capacity was working there at the time.

JL and BvS were flops. Being a flop does not mean bad treatment. Portraying WW as fodder to the high tiers is bad treatment. And that is what happened in JL. And in bvs she did nothing to doomsday without her gear. Didn't even take one direct attack in her body without gear. A glorified super human and nothing more. While CM was a big powerhouse in her movie and endgame. Marvel has proven they are willing to put their money where their mouth is and portray a woman as a big powerhouse. Wonder Fodder wishes she had that treatment nowadays. Look at her performances in different comics and movies. That says it all.

Nice try. Many other users comment frequently about WW being portrayed as weak nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Reviews are fair enough. But we're gonna ignore most saw WW84 on HBO Max during the height of a global pandemic or the first WW came out after the critical/mixed failures of MoS, BvS, and SS while Captain Marvel was the latest installment in a franchise with massive good will from general audiences?
    BW was released on streaming too and the pandemic ids still going strong. Plus WW was still weak in WW 2017 and other DCEU movies. For example her best strength feat is lifting a 30 tons tank. She got 2 shotted by superman in jl. And did nothing to doomsday outside the sword. CM is far better portrayed in terms of power. WW is just a super human xena in the DCEU.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Pandemic is still going strong. And it would have ever been a hit with the poor word of mouth that it got. It was bad reviews from cvritics plus bad word of mouth. In China it barely did 23M. When 75% of the theaters capacity was working there at the time.

JL and BvS were flops. Being a flop does not mean bad treatment. Portraying WW as fodder to the high tiers is bad treatment. And that is what happened in JL. And in bvs she did nothing to doomsday without her gear. Didn't even take one direct attack in her body without gear. A glorified super human and nothing more. While CM was a big powerhouse in her movie and endgame. Marvel has proven they are willing to put their money where their mouth is and portray a woman as a big powerhouse. Wonder Fodder wishes she had that treatment nowadays. Look at her performances in different comics and movies. That says it all.

Nice try. Many other users comment frequently about WW being portrayed as weak nowadays.
    If you think we are in the same place now as we were then.....well lol...good luck with that.

Other users may comment on how power level but it doesnt seem like its the only thing they comment on which like I said if thats what one wants to focus on, they can.

BW was released on streaming too and the pandemic ids still going strong. Plus WW was still weak in WW 2017 and other DCEU movies. For example her best strength feat is lifting a 30 tons tank. She got 2 shotted by superman in jl. And did nothing to doomsday outside the sword. CM is far better portrayed in terms of power. WW is just a super human xena in the DCEU.
    WW84 was FREE or basically $15 for the US to watch. Black Widow is $30 + $6.99 for D+. That's a major difference.

Are we seriously comparing the quality of the movies by strength feats? Captain Marvel was a bland movie, starring a bland character. And after all the hype the most memorable thing she did in Endgame is get a new haircut

Haven't seen Black Widow yet, but the fact that she only got a movie after she died says a lot about how much Marvel "values" her. And the writing for her wasn't great in the other movies either, especially the Whedon ones.

For all its flaws, I'd take WW1984 over these two any day.