Page 286 of 440 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 6590
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You're weak and my weak are two different weaks. But 93% vs 73% in reviews are different
    Not really. You just think there is nothing wrong with how current WW's powers are portrayed. But feats don't lie. She is inferior to most super human characters based on feats. So enjoy your 93 review from 4 years ago. Hope that is enough to cover up the mess weaklink that WW is nowadays. Aquaman is stronger. Supergirl is stronger. CM is stronger, SM is stronger. Powegirl, Black Adam, Thor, Hulk, Superboy, Jane Thor. She hulk, Orion, black adam, lobo, bizarro, mongul, faora, zodd. her twin brother jason. Can anybody else help me complete the list? Or i will be here until 2025.

How is she a weakling? She killed a god in her debut movie. And the sequel even gave her powers she didn't have in the comics (invisibility). Not to mention her lasso is ridiculously OP. Yeah, we didn't see her take down an alien armada, but that just wouldn't fit into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Not very different circumstances. A lot of cinemas worldwide are still closed. BW did in the same time frame far better than WW84. There is no way to deny it. And of course she will stomp WW84 in China. It is not difficult to do better than 23M. LOL that was a big embarrassment. Even super controversial Mulan did better. DCEU WW has nothing going for her. She got lucky in her debut film and nothing after that. She is super weak. Boring. Barely any development as a character after 4 movies. Still crying over a man 100 years later. Giving up popwers just for the same guy she met for a brief moment. Willing to steal another man's body to stay with her dead lover. A canon fodder that sm puts in her place in 2 hits. A boring mness whicch is why she has been flopping outside of her lucky shot in 2017. And rigthfuly so. A character like her deserves far better than the treatment she got. So if they will continue that path. I hope she keeps flopping.
    Very different circumstances, there was no vaccine.

Why are you using the terrible circumstance of a global pandemic that was and continues to be a real threat to people, and try to warp it to your claim that WW84 was less successful than Black Widow?

The Pandemic affected them both. Those are the facts. We will never know which would have made more B.O. under fair circumstances and that's the end of the argument.

I don't like pitting female lead franchises against each other anyway, when we should be happy they both exists.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-31-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    How is she a weakling? She killed a god in her debut movie. And the sequel even gave her powers she didn't have in the comics (invisibility). Not to mention her lasso is ridiculously OP. Yeah, we didn't see her take down an alien armada, but that just wouldn't fit into the story.
    Ares was powerful based on what? He did nothing spectacular. Her best strength feat is lifting a 30 tons tank. Best speed feat? bullets. Like literally high street levelers can do. Best durability feat? What is the most impressive thing she did? She never took direct hits from actual heavy hitters like doomsday. And when she did it took 2 hits from SM to put her in her place. What was the great power she had in WW84? Flight is not physical power. Invinsibility. Let's see how much use of that we will see. Cheetah was hella weak too and she was supposed to be stronger than WW according to jenkinbs. Weak as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Very different circumstances, there was no vaccine.

Why are you using the terrible circumstance of a global pandemic that was and continues to be a real threat to people, and try to warp it to your claim that WW84 was less successful than Black Widow?

The Pandemic affected them both. Those are the facts. We will never know which would have made more B.O. under fair circumstances and that's the end of the argument.

I don't like pitting female lead franchises against each other anyway, when we should be happy they both exists.
    It was less successful than BW. The terrible word of mouth would not have helped that trash movie in a free covid world either. You should be happy that it was released during covid. At least they were able to use that excuse to save some face and maybe got a third film. Although i know it will be another boring mess where WW is portrayed as an underwhelming hero that almost anybody can overpower.

Ok I feel like I should interject before things get too out of hand. At least have my 2 cents in.

Yes, the Pandemic is negatively effecting movies and the box office.

Yes, the Pandemic is generally putting theaters in a bind what with the increase usage in streaming services.

Yes, BW and CM have a generally better footing with relation to viewership because they are a part of a grand cinematic universe that has yet to be replicated.

Yes, CM and BW had solid action scenes.

Yes, BW and CM are frankly pretty forgettable.

Yes, WW (2017) is considered to be a superior film between the 3 by critics and fan alike.

Yes, while WW (2017) was a better film then CM, CM actually had the main character have all her powers and presented them as a serious power house both in her solo and team movies.

Yes, Diana should have done more and better in the action/powers department in her origin film.

Yes, WW84 is widely considered to a worst film and a big disappointment compared to the first one.

Yes, the action in WW84 was pretty sub par and despite Patty's claim that "Diana is at the height of her power", Diana wasn't doing anything extravagant to show that and was actively losing her powers in the film.

Yes, the action in WW84 is also pretty forgettable.

Yes, DC should be putting their money were their mouth is and let Diana actually show off her powers like the other guys.

Yes, both versions of JL were pretty bad and it didn't help that Diana was a non factor in both.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ares was powerful based on what? He did nothing spectacular. Her best strength feat is lifting a 30 tons tank. Best speed feat? bullets. Like literally high street levelers can do. Best durability feat? What is the most impressive thing she did? She never took direct hits from actual heavy hitters like doomsday. And when she did it took 2 hits from SM to put her in her place. What was the great power she had in WW84? Flight is not physical power. Invinsibility. Let's see how much use of that we will see. Cheetah was hella weak too and she was supposed to be stronger than WW according to jenkinbs. Weak as hell.
    Ares killed off the entire Greek Pantheon. Sounds pretty powerful to me. And if Cheetah was supposed to be stronger, then Diana can't possibly be a weakling since she defeated her pretty easily.

It was less successful than BW. The terrible word of mouth would not have helped that trash movie in a free covid world either. You should be happy that it was released during covid. At least they were able to use that excuse to save some face and maybe got a third film. Although i know it will be another boring mess where WW is portrayed as an underwhelming hero that almost anybody can overpower.
    How dare you.

I know people who died from this virus, lives who have been uprooted and shattered, including my own.

No movie is worth that.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not really. You just think there is nothing wrong with how current WW's powers are portrayed. But feats don't lie. She is inferior to most super human characters based on feats. So enjoy your 93 review from 4 years ago. Hope that is enough to cover up the mess weaklink that WW is nowadays. Aquaman is stronger. Supergirl is stronger. CM is stronger, SM is stronger. Powegirl, Black Adam, Thor, Hulk, Superboy, Jane Thor. She hulk, Orion, black adam, lobo, bizarro, mongul, faora, zodd. her twin brother jason. Can anybody else help me complete the list? Or i will be here until 2025.
    You seem to primarily to care just about how powerful she is. For me there is a lot more to WW than just her strength. I like how she was portrayed in WW and partially WW84, I enjoyed her film more than CM. I find her to be far more compelling and well rounded of the two immortals. And I dont see Aquaman as stronger than her. As long as I enjoy what im reading of her, im good. If there's a bad story (Injustice) then i'll make my disappointments known.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Ok I feel like I should interject before things get too out of hand. At least have my 2 cents in.

Yes, the Pandemic is negatively effecting movies and the box office.

Yes, the Pandemic is generally putting theaters in a bind what with the increase usage in streaming services.

Yes, BW and CM have a generally better footing with relation to viewership because they are a part of a grand cinematic universe that has yet to be replicated.

Yes, CM and BW had solid action scenes.

Yes, BW and CM are frankly pretty forgettable.

Yes, WW (2017) is considered to be a superior film between the 3 by critics and fan alike.

Yes, while WW (2017) was a better film then CM, CM actually had the main character have all her powers and presented them as a serious power house both in her solo and team movies.

Yes, Diana should have done more and better in the action/powers department in her origin film.

Yes, WW84 is widely considered to a worst film and a big disappointment compared to the first one.

Yes, the action in WW84 was pretty sub par and despite Patty's claim that "Diana is at the height of her power", Diana wasn't doing anything extravagant to show that and was actively losing her powers in the film.

Yes, the action in WW84 is also pretty forgettable.

Yes, DC should be putting their money were their mouth is and let Diana actually show off her powers like the other guys.

Yes, both versions of JL were pretty bad and it didn't help that Diana was a non factor in both.
    Thank you very much. Some people here seem to think that i exaggerate. But feats don't lie. In the last years. Most characters with super human stats have been performing better than Diana in comics and movies. Including Aquaman and CM. So how come some people don't see that? They are ok with WW being weaker than most super powered characters? That's the ideal WW for them? I don't get it. And no. Story over power is not an argument in my eyes. Because both aspects are very important in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Ares killed off the entire Greek Pantheon. Sounds pretty powerful to me. And if Cheetah was supposed to be stronger, then Diana can't possibly be a weakling since she defeated her pretty easily.
    A pantheon of Gods with no feats. If Cheetah was stronger and still got soeasily defeated. It shows how terribly weak both her and WW were.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    You seem to primarily to care just about how powerful she is. For me there is a lot more to WW than just her strength. I like how she was portrayed in WW and partially WW84, I enjoyed her film more than CM. I find her to be far more compelling and well rounded of the two immortals. And I dont see Aquaman as stronger than her. As long as I enjoy what im reading of her, im good. If there's a bad story (Injustice) then i'll make my disappointments known.
    You don't care that she is portrayed as weak. Because in your eyes hger performances are not weak. But she is weak. Based on what she is said to be and her actual performances. She is super weak. Aquaman is far stronger than WW. DCEU AQ lifted a submarine vs WW lifting a tank. AQ is constantly matching WW in the comics now and has better strength feats than her. AQ also overpowered WW on land in Justice society movie. AQ is above her now and the feats prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    How dare you.

I know people who died from this virus, lives who have been uprooted and shattered, including my own.

No movie is worth that.
    Don't try to put words in my mouth. I never said that covid was a good thing or made fun of people's death. I said they at least they could use the circumstances of covid closing cinemas to save some face. How dare you suggest that i was bashing people who sufferd from covid or acting like it was a minor detail. How dare you to suggest that.

You don't care that she is portrayed as weak. Because in your eyes hger performances are not weak. But she is weak. Based on what she is said to be and her actual performances. She is super weak. Aquaman is far stronger than WW. DCEU AQ lifted a submarine vs WW lifting a tank. AQ is constantly matching WW in the comics now and has better strength feats than her. AQ also overpowered WW on land in Justice society movie. AQ is above her now and the feats prove it.
    TBF you could easily argue that those things Aquaman did are outliers considering he's never shown anything capable of doing that solo without fully exerting himself. On the flip side Diana hasn't shown a ton of feats to put her above Aquaman for the past 10 or so years, so.... its kind of annoying. Diana "fighting" Darkseid doesn't help all that much because people will say she hasn't done anything to put her on a level that is capable of challenging him. Meanwhile, Superman, Green Lantern, Shazam, Supergirl etc... get moments after moments of action showing off their physical strengths.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Don't evenb try to put words in my mouth. I never said that covid was a good thing or made fun of people's death. I said they at least you use the circumstances of covid closing cinemas to save some face. How dare you suggest that i was bashing people who sufferd from covid or acting like it was a minor detail. How dare you to suggest that.
    No!

You told me "I should be happy it was released during covid"

There is nothing to be happy about. Nothing at all!

You use real people's fear of dying from a virus to try and make a claim that is because WW84 is bad.

There was no vaccine when WW84 was released in theaters. People didn't go because they feared for their lives, not because of the movies reviews!

And you manipulate that fear for the argument of a movie you don't like.

You took it too far.