Page 295 of 440 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 6592

You do realize that if Rucka had his way, we would have gotten a whole fleet of Invisible Planes right?

Themyscira already has plenty of stuff that could be used in the adaptations. Writers are either unaware of it doesn't appeal to them. No matter amount of floating islands, flying invisible planes or Rainbow Healing Rays is going to stop the next writer of an adaptation from doing another Amazons Attack redux or primitive man hating Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Themyscira already has plenty of stuff that could be used in the adaptations. Writers are either unaware of it doesn't appeal to them. No matter amount of floating islands, flying invisible planes or Rainbow Healing Rays is going to stop the next writer of an adaptation from doing another Amazons Attack redux or primitive man hating Amazons.
    I'm not talking about adaptations, I'm talking about a beautiful place vision of the world from a gay feminist society that went from the ancient rome to a sci fi utopia guiding the entire universe. I'm talking about Paradise Island being the cultural center of universe as a cosmic university, in such an undeniable way that every time an intergalatic conflict arose on earth, the amazons would have to be consulted. In a way where we could get so many stories about peaceful civilizations visiting the amazons.

I'm really surprised that I'm getting push back on this one. I didn't know people cared so little about the Phil Jimenez version of Themyscira and prefered the more basic version of amazons. Even George Perez himself thanked Jimenez for what he did with Themyscira.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-05-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not talking about adaptations, I'm talking about a beautiful place vision of the world from a gay feminist society that went from the ancient rome to a sci fi utopia guiding the entire universe. I'm talking about Paradise Island being the cultural center of universe as a cosmic university, in such an undeniable way that every time an intergalatic conflict arose on earth, the amazons would have to be consulted. In a way where we could get so many stories about peaceful civilizations visiting the amazons.

I'm really surprised that I'm getting push back on this one. I didn't know people cared so little about the Phil Jimenez version of Themyscira and prefered the more basic version of amazons. Even George Perez himself thanked Jimenez for what he did with Themyscira.
    Amazon's basic. Amazon only need stick to solve problem.

Back to seriousness, IDK what to say. I like the Amazons to have cool tech but I guess I like things to be more Earth focused with Diana. Or maybe it's because I read Rucka's run first and knew the islands would be destroyed and felt no attachment to them.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Maybe not everyone wants or needs the Amazons to be the center of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe not everyone wants or needs the Amazons to be the center of the universe.
    My appreciation isn't just about the crossover stuff, it's also abput the beauty of what this gay feminist society briefly turned into. A sci fi utopia intellectually guiding the universe towards it's own finest form.

I am not gonna lie: I never cared for Jimenez' writing. It always came across (to me! This is just an opinion, of course) as bad fanfic. Yes, I know that I am risking the wrath of my fellow WW fans, but hey, this is the thread for controversial opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I am not gonna lie: I never cared for Jimenez' writing. It always came across (to me! This is just an opinion, of course) as bad fanfic. Yes, I know that I am risking the wrath of my fellow WW fans, but hey, this is the thread for controversial opinions.
    I don't like how he wrote the voice of Diana (which was exactly like George Perez), but his world building was masterful.

8^o

Daaayyyyuuuuummmmmmmm. Not bad fanfic.

Wow. What about the Skartaris arc or the Circe arc?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Amazon's basic. Amazon only need stick to solve problem.

Back to seriousness, IDK what to say. I like the Amazons to have cool tech but I guess I like things to be more Earth focused with Diana. Or maybe it's because I read Rucka's run first and knew the islands would be destroyed and felt no attachment to them.
    I read Jimenez's run after both of Rucka's runs also so I'm the same boat.

I think also assuming because Themyscira suddenly floated that DC editorial at the time would suddenly start making events centering around WW is a bigger fantasy than Paradise Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I think also assuming because Themyscira suddenly floated that DC editorial at the time would suddenly start making events centering around WW is a bigger fantasy than Paradise Island.
    It was way more than just floating tho. It was centuries ahead of the rest of planet earth. I don't think there would be events centered around Themyscira necessarily, but that Themyscira would have an important role in any intergalatic story because it was the most advanced place on planet earth and a cosmic university visisted by the entire galaxy.

Beyond that though, it was a beautiful fulfillment of the amazonian ideals, and a place that rivaled Wakanda as a Gay feminist utopia. I didn't read Jimenez first, but I thought it was thr best version of Themyscira we had since the Marston era, and even better in some ways.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-06-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Unfortunately with DiDio at the helm this was facts

It was way more than just floating tho. It was centuries ahead of the rest of planet earth. I don't think there would be events centered around Themyscira necessarily, but that Themyscira would have an important role in any intergalatic story because it was the most advanced place on planet earth and a cosmic university visisted by the entire galaxy.

Beyond that though, it was a beautiful fulfillment of the amazonian ideals, and a place that rivaled Wakanda as a Gay feminist utopia. I didn't read Jimenez first, but I thought it was thr best version of Themyscira we had since the Marston era, and even better in some ways.
    That was the greatest contribution that Jimenez made. The Amazons became advocates for and facilitators of Peace across all the planes, verses, and dimensions of Creation catering to all species, all entity types, and all Divinities. That was pretty epic.

The other one for me is the cinematic quality of the writing and the art. It was like watching a n epic multipart movie

I agree, he has good ideas, sometimes poorly executed, and his writing is a bit pompous, but I respect him, for his affection for the character and all his good intentions. Sometimes I think he deserves a second chance.