Page 300 of 440 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 6592

I'll say this, Action Comics 761 does have this amazing page where we see how creative Diana is when it comes to insulting a bastard

Attachment 110073

Tear your innards out and tie you to the tree of life with them, son of a motherless goat herder
    Kind of graphic for Diana, but very creative.

The Asgard story by Cloonrad also showed Diana drinking and partying with the vikings
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-14-2021 at 02:54 AM.

I think if the Amazons are going to keep the island open maybe even if they are more open to people . They have items so
    People don't go places they can't go and if it's heroes they can rise their powers unless they are protecting

I'd like to see somebody else challenge Wonder Woman a bit for her role as the JL Ambassador to the UN. She's good and interesting at it, but it's a bit odd that she would have such unanimous support among the League, especially as she wasn't exactly voted in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'd like to see somebody else challenge Wonder Woman a bit for her role as the JL Ambassador to the UN. She's good and interesting at it, but it's a bit odd that she would have such unanimous support among the League, especially as she wasn't exactly voted in.
    Didn't Dawn Granger(Dove) once get that role?

RE: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Based on the little information we get about Wonder Woman & why she's there, she comes across as far more pragmatic & ahead of the curve than Superman or Batman.

In just about all of the security footage and spy photos Luthor has on her, Diana is looking at the camera...implying that she knows she's being watched. She goes to Luthor's party and steals the drive Bruce set up...suggesting she already knew he was the problem...while he was still stuck on the Knyazev and/or wasting time on his grudge against Superman.
    She says she's only interested in finding the picture of Steve, but it's implied she knows there's more going on.

If they had fleshed her out more & gave her more of a presence in the story, she could've had an arguably more compelling arc than either of them, too, IMO.
    As much of a bad idea it was to start off right out of the gate in her very first movie appearance with Diana frustrated with mankind and trying to keep a low profile and all that--and it was--there is a potentially compelling story in Wonder Woman having seen it all, turning her back on the world, and reluctant to be a hero again. Batman and Superman wasting time fighting each other and ignoring the real threat in Luthor would only add to that frustration.

Like, imagine if before the scene where she boards the plane to leave, she made an effort to talk Bruce out of his vendetta against Superman or even warn him Luthor's playing him, but he doesn't listen, causing her to say, "Why do even I bother?"
    Would've made the moment when she sees Doomsday rampaging and chooses to go back even more dramatic.

The scene where Bruce, Clark & Lex meet for the first time really drives it home for me.
    Diana's moving around in the back, stealing the drive--and we're supposed to see her because everyone's in white & gray and she's in bright red--but we're anchored to the three knuckleheads and their childish pissing contest.

So, in what seems to an appropriate metaphor for DC as a whole, there is a far better story with a more likable hero literally sneaking around in the background, but we're stuck with Bat-Poochie and Super-Jesus sucking up all the oxygen.

But she isn't the JL Ambassador to the League. The League doesn't have an Ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    But she isn't the JL Ambassador to the League. The League doesn't have an Ambassador.
    That just makes it more of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Didn't Dawn Granger(Dove) once get that role?
    I hope so, that would make it more interesting, at least if there really is such a position since apparently I was mistaken about that.

That just makes it more of a problem.

I hope so, that would make it more interesting, at least if there really is such a position since apparently I was mistaken about that.
    How is it a problem? The League isn't a country.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    RE: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    Based on the little information we get about Wonder Woman & why she's there, she comes across as far more pragmatic & ahead of the curve than Superman or Batman.

In just about all of the security footage and spy photos Luthor has on her, Diana is looking at the camera...implying that she knows she's being watched. She goes to Luthor's party and steals the drive Bruce set up...suggesting she already knew he was the problem...while he was still stuck on the Knyazev and/or wasting time on his grudge against Superman.
    She says she's only interested in finding the picture of Steve, but it's implied she knows there's more going on.

If they had fleshed her out more & gave her more of a presence in the story, she could've had an arguably more compelling arc than either of them, too, IMO.
    As much of a bad idea it was to start off right out of the gate in her very first movie appearance with Diana frustrated with mankind and trying to keep a low profile and all that--and it was--there is a potentially compelling story in Wonder Woman having seen it all, turning her back on the world, and reluctant to be a hero again. Batman and Superman wasting time fighting each other and ignoring the real threat in Luthor would only add to that frustration.

Like, imagine if before the scene where she boards the plane to leave, she made an effort to talk Bruce out of his vendetta against Superman or even warn him Luthor's playing him, but he doesn't listen, causing her to say, "Why do even I bother?"
    Would've made the moment when she sees Doomsday rampaging and chooses to go back even more dramatic.

The scene where Bruce, Clark & Lex meet for the first time really drives it home for me.
    Diana's moving around in the back, stealing the drive--and we're supposed to see her because everyone's in white & gray and she's in bright red--but we're anchored to the three knuckleheads and their childish pissing contest.

So, in what seems to an appropriate metaphor for DC as a whole, there is a far better story with a more likable hero literally sneaking around in the background, but we're stuck with Bat-Poochie and Super-Jesus sucking up all the oxygen.
    It proves that they never have much faith in her. Even when she proves all her potential. DC and WB seem so clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is it a problem? The League isn't a country.
    She is an ambassador for Themyscira but occasionally when she is with the League, we've seen her take on a diplomatic role. I think Joe Kelly emphasized this more than any other writer.

I'm kind of intrigued by what the other poster suggested and would like to see it expanded upon.

Extraordinary Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Literally the most common criticism about Batman is that he is a rich white guy beating up 'poor people' with military grade weapons and a loosely applied 'no kill' rule. The Joker movie, the Telltale Batman and Murphy's 'White Knight' and it's sequels are all deconstructions exposing Batman's privileged upbringing and how his wealth was accumulated through illicit means.

Superman was deemed uncool and ineffective in the 90's and early 00's but experienced a resurgence recently. Partly thanks to the Trump election and the increase in racism and xenophobia, Superman's status as an immigrant and a reporter fighting for truth and justice had never been more relevant.

Wonder Woman does come from a privileged upbringing and there are circumstances where that can work against her but she shouldn't be a 'white savior' or doubles down when this is pointed out to her. She should be subverting that by trying to understand and empathize better and accepting that there are times where there are differences that can't be bridged. Now that I think about it, maybe that Alex Ross/Dini story should have had Wonder Woman sitting down with the girl anonymously to try and understand the situation better at a grass roots level.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If Azz's WW was coming out as an Elseworlds while the current run was being released, you'd see a lot less backlash.
    I actually really loved Azzarello's run, which probably comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever disagreed with me here.

What do people have against DCEU Harley, btw? IMHO, she and WW are two of the only characters that they get right (well, if we ignore WW84, anyway).
    Last edited by phonogram12; 08-19-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    What do people have against DCEU Harley, btw? IMHO, she and WW are two of the only characters that they get right (well, if we ignore WW84, anyway).
    She's Harley Quinn.

That's not enough to dislike her?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She's Harley Quinn.

That's not enough to dislike her?
    Not to derail, but while I didn't really think much of her in the first Suicide Squad movie, she really grew on me in BOP and the latest Suicide Squad.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Not to derail, but while I didn't really think much of her in the first Suicide Squad movie, she really grew on me in BOP and the latest Suicide Squad.
    It's more for me that I just don't like any version of Harley Quinn (even the original DCAU version), so I'm not really the person to ask on if the DCEU did a good version of her.

Even though like I've Robbie in other movies.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-19-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's more for me that I just don't like any version of Harley Quinn (even the original DCAU version), so I'm not really the person to ask on if the DCEU did a good version of her.

Even though I've Robbie in other movies.
    Fair enough.