Page 309 of 440 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah, but change it back the Sharp costume I say.

I'm not seeing the difference between this and the current one.

Never read many Hal Jordan Green Lantern books, so almost everything I know about his character comes from The Animated Series (which was my favorite show when it was airing)

...and New 52 Justice League, which was my first ever introduced to the character and had him saying **** like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not seeing the difference between this and the current one.
    Tiara: Eagle instead of star. No upwards point. Bronze colored.

Skirt: No stars, more like fabric and less like leather.

Cuffs: Adorned with patterns, not smooth.

Boots: (though you can’t see them in that pic): large golden plates over the kneecaps with adorned patterns.

And I like the offset of the leather strap around her torso.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yeah, but change it back the Sharp costume I say.

Not bad, but I was thinking of a more radical approach.

Tiara: Eagle instead of star. No upwards point. Bronze colored.

Skirt: No stars, more like fabric and less like leather.

Cuffs: Adorned with patterns, not smooth.

Boots: (though you can’t see them in that pic): large golden plates over the kneecaps with adorned patterns.

And I like the offset of the leather strap around her torso.
    I also like the added patterns/details on the bracelets.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I prefer the idea that Cheetah is just a woman dressed like a cheetah.
    I am surprisingly okay with this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Not bad, but I was thinking of a more radical approach.
    Do you have anything in mind?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Never read many Hal Jordan Green Lantern books, so almost everything I know about his character comes from GL: The Animated Series (which was my favorite show when it was airing) and New 52 Justice League, which was my first ever introduced to the character and had him saying **** like that.
    God I can't imagine how much mood whiplash that must result in for your views on a character.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    God I can't imagine how much mood whiplash that must result in for your views on a character.
    Watches the show: "Wow, Hal is such a caring hero. He's a little hot-headed, but he really tries to see the best in people and gives them the benefit of the doubt. What a cool guy!"

Reads the JL comic: "...ew..."

Edit: I sort-of had that mood whiplash with Wonder Woman, since my first real introduction wasn't Superfriends, Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman or even the JLAU but the 2009 animated Wonder Woman movie.

Which was an alright introduction I think, but didn't have any of the themes of compassion I would come to appreciate later. And honestly when I read New 52, it was more for the Greek Myth than Diana...

-

I think character whiplash is a problem in DC that Marvel has largely avoided. Wolverine has been the exact same character since 70's, same with most of the X-men (they had the benefit of having the same writer for 20 years ). Hulk, despite having big character changes, usually keeps the same core themes of anger and suppression. Carol Danvers has largely been the same in her comic starting back when she was Ms. Marvel, and even after CWII ruined her reputation (thanks Bendis).

With DC, it feels like these characters can flip-flop between writers and adaptations, and you just don't know which version of the character you're gonna get.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 08-28-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Do you have anything in mind?
    Jeans and a cape?

Jeans and a cape?
    So like a Wonder Woman version of Morrison's Superman in Action Comics?

I could see that working.

Actually that's an even better idea. An outfit for Diana that either looks like it has homages to other super outfits or just directly lifts from them.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Why, unlike my other Hal fans, I'm not interested in seeing Hal back on the JL much of anytime soon because how the trend of JL stories to write the characters at their most bare-bones autopilot self. Diana = Warrior Woman, Hal = Horny idiot who couldn't tie his own shoelaces.
    The Justice League mostly only does favors to the World's Finest and whoever the writer put on that team as their pet character (s).

I love most characters on that roster and every time I end up thinking "I'm sorry they don't get you."

Diana is among the least respected on that roster.

But yeah, everyone's dialed down to boilerplate versions of themselves and it can be frustrating. Most of them know how to solve crimes, but Bruce enters the room and they all get hit with Luthor's Brain Drain Ray Mk. Lex.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-29-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The Justice League mostly only does favors to the World's Finest and whoever the writer put on that team as their pet character (s).

I love most characters on that roster and every time I end up thinking "I'm sorry they don't get you."

Diana is among the least respected on that roster.

But yeah, everyone's dialed down to boilerplate versions of themselves and it can be frustrating. Most of them know how to solve crimes, but Bruce enters the room and they all get hit with Luthor's Brain Drain Ray Mk. Lex.
    I feel like this got way worse post-Crisis and currently.

The characters always got dialed down for the big team book compared to their solo titles, but IDK the Satellite Era seemed to treat everyone right and gave them all moments to shine despite having a big cast. It's why I never got the mentality of "it's ok that her founding status in the JL got wiped out by COIE, it never did her any favors anyway and makes no difference." I always think it's people mistaking her time as the JSA secretary and all the underwhelming modern JL stories as the norm for Silver/Bronze age in general. Where there were of course missteps and dud stories, but overall I think she may have been treated better in JL than her own book in that period

Gonna piggy back off a recent thread and say that Diana is so, so monumentally lucky right now that she hasn't been saddled with a canon kid.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El