Page 312 of 440 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 6590

Golden shower sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    But seriously, replace " zeus" with " batman" and i wouldn't put it past DC....lol
    Zeus being Batman's father would make sense in some areas of Batman's "abilities" (he even has some labours like Heracles) but it would finally make Bruce check into Arkham Asylum finding out that info lol

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm guessing internally there is one side of DC who wants to maintain the Zeus origin while the other side wants her to be born from clay. I think we'll know based on how well Historia does.

As for how Zeus met Hippolyta is Rebirth continuity, Golden shower? Bull? A storm cloud?
    Another Amazon? and she didn't question why an Amazon had a penis because she was drunk maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm guessing internally there is one side of DC who wants to maintain the Zeus origin while the other side wants her to be born from clay. I think we'll know based on how well Historia does.
    Out of curiosity, what makes you think this exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think there's really a divide. Seems DC is willing to let there be versions of WW that use the clay origin for stuff like Dead Earth or Historia but still maintain Zeus for just about all the "major incarnations".

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Zeus being Batman's father would make sense in some areas of Batman's "abilities" (he even has some labours like Heracles) but it would finally make Bruce check into Arkham Asylum finding out that info lol
    ahahahaa..... Bat-god... as a literal demi-god. Funny thing... Achilles was not said to have any particularly impressive powers. He was just a superhumanly amazing fighter.

I feel like although Daddy Zeus is and will remain the official/main origin for the foreseeable future, DC isn't as committed to it as they might've been when it first started. Like, if someone comes along with a Wonder Woman pitch and says they want to use the clay origin, they're not going to get a lot of push-back from editorial.

That doesn't mean it's going away anytime soon, but I think the whole "everything counts" approach to continuity is their indirect way of encouraging fans to just choose their own canon. For better or worse.
    Who knows how that's going to affect things long-term, but I think for now at least, if you hate Daddy Zeus...ignore it.

That's my read on DC's current approach.

I think the clay origin will return and probably sooner than we think. I'm convinced that the only reason it didn't return with Rebirth is because Johns really wanted Jason to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think the clay origin will return and probably sooner than we think. I'm convinced that the only reason it didn't return with Rebirth is because Johns really wanted Jason to happen.
    It's classic and epic and sets her apart. The other one is generic af

Because we've seen both origins referenced in other titles while the main title side steps the topic most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I feel like although Daddy Zeus is and will remain the official/main origin for the foreseeable future, DC isn't as committed to it as they might've been when it first started. Like, if someone comes along with a Wonder Woman pitch and says they want to use the clay origin, they're not going to get a lot of push-back from editorial.

That doesn't mean it's going away anytime soon, but I think the whole "everything counts" approach to continuity is their indirect way of encouraging fans to just choose their own canon. For better or worse.
    Who knows how that's going to affect things long-term, but I think for now at least, if you hate Daddy Zeus...ignore it.

That's my read on DC's current approach.
    This is more accurate I think. They'll just let the creators and fans choose which one they are going to go with.

Though I think at this point, DC should just abandon the shared universe entirely and let creators operate in their own bubbles entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Nah I think it was because of the movies. After WW3 DC will probably be far more open to reverting to the classic origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah I think it was because of the movies. After WW3 DC will probably be far more open to reverting to the classic origin.
    Why? The movies aren't the only adaptation that use the Zeus origin.

Why? The movies aren't the only adaptation that use the Zeus origin.
    I'm pretty sure it is. I can't recall any other media that mentions her origin as the daughter of Zeus.

Regardless, the movies are by far the most important representation of her, and although Zeus has only been mentioned aa her father in 2 lines throughout the DCEU, DC still wouldn't want to contradict the canon from the most famous version of the character.

I'm pretty sure it is. I can't recall any other media that mentions her origin as the daughter of Zeus.
    Injustice has her as Zeus's daughter in her bio and the original DC Superhero Girls animated series.

Regardless, the movies are by far the most important representation of her, and although Zeus has only been mentioned aa her father in 2 lines throughout the DCEU, DC still wouldn't want to contradict the canon from the most famous version of the character.
    Wonder Woman didn't get a live action movie until 2017. The only things people knew about her is that she wore a flag bikini, had an invisible plane, a magic rope and may or may not have had a crush on Batman. No one outside of comic circles knew about the clay origin.

Injustice has her as Zeus's daughter in her bio and the original DC Superhero Girls animated series.
    A bio is a very insignificant part of a game. I haven't seen that clip from DC Superhero Girls where they state it, but it also seems immaterial compared to the two live action movies. I definitely don't think DC is keeping the Zeus origin because of animated shows and a bio in Injustice.

Wonder Woman didn't get a live action movie until 2017. The only things people knew about her is that she wore a flag bikini, had an invisible plane, a magic rope and may or may not have had a crush on Batman. No one outside of comic circles knew about the clay origin.
    I don't understand how that contradicts what I wrote

I don't understand how that contradicts what I wrote
    I assumed you were talking about the clay origin when you said this:

If you meant the Zeus origin, I'm even more unsure why you think DC will revert back to the clay origin after the third movie.