Page 327 of 440 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Becausae as fans of the female hero archetype and symbol of girl power and equality, i think we don't take this topic as seriously as it should.
    We already have a thread about that. You created it

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ghlight=Sexism
    Last edited by Alpha; 11-14-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Diana has more romantic/sexual chemistry in these few pages/panels than she's ever had with Batman or Superman:

Are those from Marc Andreyko's Manhunter (Kate Spencer[2004-2009]) book?
    OMG...everyone who loves Diana or superheroine books in general should read that book. It is, in my opinion, one of the truly tragically underrated, pretty-much-forgotten comics of all time. And yes, Wonder Woman was a guest star (issues 25-30).
    WHat a great book. Kate was super resourceful, smart, and clever. The book characterization was as vivid as comics get, and the action quotient was amazing.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    One controversial question one should ask is why WW can't beat Superman? I think the answer to that may be more controversial than the question. I know some people don't want to have that debate. But sometimes power levels are indeed affected by sexism. So i would ask. How much do you really think sexism has affected and still affects WW? And not just in terms of power. Becausae as fans of the female hero archetype and symbol of girl power and equality, i think we don't take this topic as seriously as it should.
    You're really obsessed Wonder Woman's power levels.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    You're really obsessed Wonder Woman's power levels.
    It's more likely that DC is obsessed with nerfing Wonder Woman. Because evidence suggests that has been happening in animation, movies and comics for some time now. They cannot even decide on a proper powerset for Diana. Each writer has their own opinion on what she can and cannot do which makes me wonder what the editors even do over their?

My controversial WW opinion today is we have yet to see her deal fully realized and celebrated

I think it would be really cool to see the God Diana come back.

Extraordinary Member

My controversial opinion is that it would be entirely worth losing the Justice League if each hero existed in each of their own little world's so I wouldn't have to hear about who can beat who ever again.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    My controversial opinion is that it would be entirely worth losing the Justice League if each hero existed in each of their own little world's so I wouldn't have to hear about who can beat who ever again.

Extraordinary Member

Also, each hero can be the unquestionable Alpha in their own little universe. Superman fans wouldn't have to worry about Superman being upstaged by Batman in any given story and Wonder Woman wouldn't have to worry about being upstaged by Superman in any given story. There can be other heroes, but none that exist in any of the other heroes' worlds. Each character that would exist in every world would be unique to it's own, no alternate versions on any other world to risk any of this "well, if x defeated that version of y, z should be able to defeat them, too!" nonsense.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Controversial (I guess) opinion: Historia is bad. Like next-level bad (in my opinion). Just a big ole mess; an overload of visual clutter and on-the-nose dialogue/writing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think the shared universe can work really well, but it has plenty of downsides. It's never been very well thought out and just keeps going on and on with no end in sight.

A Wonder Woman only verse would be pretty sweet. Ditto Superman and Batman. The rest I can kind of see needing to lean on each other, but definitely not the Trinity.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Controversial (I guess) opinion: Historia is bad. Like next-level bad (in my opinion). Just a big ole mess; an overload of visual clutter and on-the-nose dialogue/writing.
    I agree, the art is amazing but it is too confusing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think the only confusing thing about Historia is what exactly is going on in the Well of Souls. I couldn't tell if they were reincarnating the souls that were there or using the energy there to create something entirely new.

Other than that, I could follow it fine.

I think every brand should have it's own unique identity and stand on it's own. Streamlining mythos don't always work and can rob a character of it's uniqueness just to make them a sub set of another more popular character.

I'm not quite ready to give up the shared universe just yet. I like WW's interactions with Deadman, Zatanna, Flash/Wally West, Black Canary, Green Lantern/Kyle Rayner and even Batman. They should let franchises stand on it's own and only make connections where it makes sense. Like, I think Queen Clea could make a great shared foe for both WW and Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think the only confusing thing about Historia is what exactly is going on in the Well of Souls. I couldn't tell if they were reincarnating the souls that were there or using the energy there to create something entirely new.

Other than that, I could follow it fine.
    I could too, the whole thing is what progression looks like. The art is layers of intricate masterpieces within one another. The writing is very "The Lion in Winter" but with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton added to the cast, I loved it!