Page 335 of 440 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 6592

Depends on the character and the size of their role.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's been about a year or so and having read her FS and at least 4 issues of her solo, so I think it's safe to say Yara's been a boring dud of a character so far.

I mean, isn't that the critique? Wonder Woman and the League spend both versions of the movie barely keeping up Steppenwolf but the minute Superman shows and pretty much no-sells everything Stepphenwolf throws at him and makes the rest of the League look like hangers-on.

Though honestly, between Snyder's JL and Chip Zdarsky's recent JL-mini. This year's really solidified my opinion that Perez was 100% in the right and Diana lost nothing of value losing "founder" status among the League if the results we get are the aforementioned drivel.
    I meant Superman wasn't that involved in Steppenwolf's defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Depends on the character and the size of their role.
    I can't see any justification for them being there if they aren't a WW character. If I'm being honest, I feel the same about most other DC shows.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He wasn't? Tell that to the rest of the superbuddies that couldn't make a dent in him!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He was literally the one who defeated him.

A Wonder Woman show, movie or game should have no characters from outside the Wonder Woman world.
    I don't think that's particularly controversial around here. But yes, other DC stuff shouldn't be stealing screen time in upcoming stuff like the video game or WW3.

Uhm, yes he was?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He was literally the one who defeated him.
    Diana and Arthur were also involved. They didn't just disappear when Clark showed up.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Diana and Arthur were also involved. They didn't just disappear when Clark showed up.
    Diana and Arthur together couldn't take Steppenwolf on. It wasn't until Superman was in the picture that Steppenwolf folded like a cheap tent.

Synder may have put together some great action scenes in his career, but his curb stomping of the Super Buddies as well as their collective jobbing (sans Superman) to Steppenwolf was just too much. I thought maybe the Synder cut may have gotten rid of the Justice League jobber status to Superman, but this wasn't the case.

Why even have a Justice League when all you need is Superman! On a power level, Superman is a '10' and Diana maybe a '6', the rest you can rate as you please as the DCEU goes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They struggled with him all movie, and then Clark solo'd him without breaking a sweat.

They just assisted in killing him when he was already defeated. They might as well have disappeared.

sometimes I think Steve Trevor should be Susan Trevor and then sometimes I don't
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think they'd ever see eye to eye on the mythos, but if they were ever to manage it I'd be thrilled to give this a shot. They'd probably balance each other out. It may be the ideal Marston/Perez fusion that nobody has ever managed to give (though Jimenez came close).
    I don’t think they’d really need to. You could give them their own timeline to mess around with and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    sometimes I think Steve Trevor should be Susan Trevor and then sometimes I don't
    Well, there is Diana Rockwell Trevor.

Steve Trevor's mom who was also a fighter pilot who also crash landed on Paradise who also died trying to stop a mystical threat and who in Post Crisis continuity, inspired the name Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's been about a year or so and having read her FS and at least 4 issues of her solo, so I think it's safe to say Yara's been a boring dud of a character so far.
    I concur. Still have not seen/read anything starring Yara that makes me celebrate her or even aknowledge her as a great addition to the WW mythos. To me, she has been an utterly boring non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Well, there is Diana Rockwell Trevor.

Steve Trevor's mom who was also a fighter pilot who also crash landed on Paradise who also died trying to stop a mystical threat and who in Post Crisis continuity, inspired the name Diana.
    oh wow I was not aware of that
    The J-man

Diane's connection to the Amazons was more than enough reason for Steve to remain prominent post crisis, but writers obviously didn't see him as anything other than a love interest who'd lost that role. Which I'd chalk up to narrow-mindedness and soft sexism.